Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 23, 2014, 03:43:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338002 Posts in 13838 Topics by 2212 Members
Latest Member: WhiteWishes
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  What's the haps?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 835 836 [837] 838 839 ... 908 Print
Author Topic: What's the haps?  (Read 738479 times)
Monsoon
Electric Mayhem
Contributing Editor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #12540 on: April 23, 2014, 01:26:02 AM »

I think I just took a year off my life watching the ending to the Wizards-Bulls game (I'm a Wizards/Ravens/Orioles/Capitals fan).  Why do I like sports?  Why does anyone like sports?  We're fools for caring.  And it's the best. 

Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #12541 on: April 23, 2014, 10:27:43 AM »

I think I just took a year off my life watching the ending to the Wizards-Bulls game (I'm a Wizards/Ravens/Orioles/Capitals fan).  Why do I like sports?  Why does anyone like sports?  We're fools for caring.  And it's the best. 

I can't believe the Bulls lost both games at HOME. People have been all over my Pacers for slumping hard the past couple months, but no one has said anything about the Bulls until now. At least the Pacers won a home game! That said, I watch tons of NBA and NFL games to the point that I spend entire days just sitting in front of my TV. It's certainly not the best way I could spend my time, but I love it! I could beat so many more games, do my homework, clean the house... but nah, sports bro lol.

Fei

!?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12542 on: April 23, 2014, 12:46:42 PM »

Hearthstone is dang awesome, as is Ragnarok Odyssey ACE.   

If you re-spec your elduhz and own a Vita - http://twitter.com/BSNursery
Wild Armor
Observer
Contributing Editor

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #12543 on: April 23, 2014, 01:04:50 PM »

Sometimes people are simply unreal. Suspended an employee today for tardiness and a no call/no show...her excuse was she didn't feel good anyway and another employee told her it was OK to take off work. WTF, who is the supervisor here, jesus.

Another one that gets me is when a person calls out of work because they are either drunk or hungover. Whenever we get a new employee in our workplace, I give them a heads up that you can't call out of work because of a hangover. Our hourly budget only allows for 2 workers on a shift for most days, so when someone calls out, that's 99% percent of the store calling out. I would say 50%, but that doesn't emphasize the seriousness of a call out...We're lenient with tardiness if they call in early saying they are going to be a bit late, but they have to make that call.

Avatar Author's sig: Let me know if you know this author. :)
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12544 on: April 23, 2014, 02:31:30 PM »

Sometimes people are simply unreal. Suspended an employee today for tardiness and a no call/no show...her excuse was she didn't feel good anyway and another employee told her it was OK to take off work. WTF, who is the supervisor here, jesus.

Another one that gets me is when a person calls out of work because they are either drunk or hungover. Whenever we get a new employee in our workplace, I give them a heads up that you can't call out of work because of a hangover. Our hourly budget only allows for 2 workers on a shift for most days, so when someone calls out, that's 99% percent of the store calling out. I would say 50%, but that doesn't emphasize the seriousness of a call out...We're lenient with tardiness if they call in early saying they are going to be a bit late, but they have to make that call.
This remindse of my radioshack days where I usually ended up working by myself for half a day every shift I had. Boss would be doing "managerial duties" in the back and the second worker wouldn't be in usually til my shift was either almost over or just ending. I hated it, especially because I was told our weekly work hours were too low from the district over expending its budget. Meanwhile, every radioshack I ever visited always had 2 people on the floor and 1 in the back.

Course, my favorite was scheduling the work week a day before the new week started, but if I had to get a day off or rescheduled, I had to ask 2 weeks in advance.

TASTY!
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #12545 on: April 23, 2014, 02:40:03 PM »

This remindse of my radioshack days where I usually ended up working by myself for half a day every shift I had. Boss would be doing "managerial duties" in the back and the second worker wouldn't be in usually til my shift was either almost over or just ending. I hated it, especially because I was told our weekly work hours were too low from the district over expending its budget. Meanwhile, every radioshack I ever visited always had 2 people on the floor and 1 in the back.

Course, my favorite was scheduling the work week a day before the new week started, but if I had to get a day off or rescheduled, I had to ask 2 weeks in advance.

I've had times where I've checked my work schedule on Thursday and then called on Sunday asking where I was because my schedule was changed the following day without any notification.
Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12546 on: April 23, 2014, 03:18:09 PM »

I post my schedule no later than lunch on Thursday for the following week starting Monday. I do ask that multi-day requests be in to me at least a week in advance but I'll take single days off up until Wed.

Everything's Eventual
Monsoon
Electric Mayhem
Contributing Editor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #12547 on: April 23, 2014, 03:37:54 PM »

I can't believe the Bulls lost both games at HOME. People have been all over my Pacers for slumping hard the past couple months, but no one has said anything about the Bulls until now. At least the Pacers won a home game! That said, I watch tons of NBA and NFL games to the point that I spend entire days just sitting in front of my TV. It's certainly not the best way I could spend my time, but I love it! I could beat so many more games, do my homework, clean the house... but nah, sports bro lol.
I find it difficult to spend an entire day watching sports on TV unless it's a special occasion, like the NCAA men's basketball tournament or the Olympics.  Even if I'm watching football with the boys we'll usually take a break to play pickup basketball at the nearby rec center or something.  And really, the fact that people care about sports so much is a little silly, but I have so much fun following my favorite teams and attending a few games each year that I can't stay away. 

Me and one of my college buddies are going to game 4 of Wiz-Bulls at the Verizon Center this Sunday!  There's a chance it could be the clinching game!  I AM SO PUMPED THAT IT'S KIND OF A PROBLEM!!!

Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #12548 on: April 23, 2014, 03:41:56 PM »

I find it difficult to spend an entire day watching sports on TV unless it's a special occasion, like the NCAA men's basketball tournament or the Olympics.  Even if I'm watching football with the boys we'll usually take a break to play pickup basketball at the nearby rec center or something.  And really, the fact that people care about sports so much is a little silly, but I have so much fun following my favorite teams and attending a few games each year that I can't stay away. 

Me and one of my college buddies are going to game 4 of Wiz-Bulls at the Verizon Center this Sunday!  There's a chance it could be the clinching game!  I AM SO PUMPED THAT IT'S KIND OF A PROBLEM!!!

You know, we really shouldn't care this much, but like you said so much fun to get invested into something! Have fun at the game, that's awesome! I've been to an NFL playoff game, but not an NBA one. If that is the clinching game for the Wizards, the Bulls need to re-access what they are doing. They should at least win a game, if not more... I picked them to win the series in 6 lol. Oh how wrong I was.

Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12549 on: April 23, 2014, 03:47:58 PM »

Great... at the last anime convention someone took my scissors out of my sewing kit without asking and now I can't find them anywhere. They probably used it to cut carton. Those were not for cutting carton or any paper for that matter. And that's not the worst part. Those scissors have been in the family for like 50 years. Okay, it's not like a heirloom or anything. They're just scissors. They're not even terribly good scissors since we had to sharpen them so many times they don't close the whole way anymore. But... that's what made them special. Those scissors helped several generations make tons of awesome stuff. They've been in use for so long it'd be sad to just put them away. That's why I kept them in my sewing kit. They're my Ancient Scissors +9. I hope that whoever took them atleast puts them to good use...

But I really just want them back :(

Luckily I still have my A Little Less Ancient But Quite Old Scissors +5.
Klyde Chroma
LVL 12. Obsessive Compulsive Fruity Assassin

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #12550 on: April 23, 2014, 05:48:06 PM »

Got to give Dincrests band a listen to today. I am calling it right now, out in the open, publicly. Pool of thorns will see major success someday baring some retarded unforeseen break-up. I played in a band in the past and have been involved with quite a few local rock acts but Din's band is, without a doubt, a cut above what you typically hear.

The Chromatic prediction has been made, we have a genuine rock star in our midst folks.

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.

MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12551 on: April 23, 2014, 09:12:38 PM »

I was going to post something angsty about how fake I feel my personality is and how visiting my parents really makes me confront that, but then I found this dilf: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LX681vrsLB4

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12552 on: April 24, 2014, 12:54:19 PM »

For the first time in years, I called out sick from work. I woke up to my dinner last night violently attempting to escape my insides. I remember someone putting a picture up on tbe pics threqd about man flu and how men are basically babies about being sick....yeah, fuck you whoever posted that, I saw fucking stars from how much pain I was in.

TASTY!
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #12553 on: April 24, 2014, 01:22:50 PM »

I like to think everyone thinks they have a higher pain tolerance than everyone else, but since it's impossible to accurately measure how much pain someone is in, it's all just left up to the imagination.
Wild Armor
Observer
Contributing Editor

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #12554 on: April 24, 2014, 01:23:56 PM »

For the first time in years, I called out sick from work. I woke up to my dinner last night violently attempting to escape my insides. I remember someone putting a picture up on tbe pics threqd about man flu and how men are basically babies about being sick....yeah, fuck you whoever posted that, I saw fucking stars from how much pain I was in.

I hope you feel better, sir. I rarely get sick, but when I do...I'm out for half a week (sometimes the whole week). This reminds me...

I had a short conversation yesterday before work with one of our workers about a foot pain that we apparently shared almost the exact symptoms (mine in my left, and hers in the right). It was ironic, amusing, but also frustrating that the general response we received from others were either 'try using a special sole' or 'you'll be fine' kind of deal. While I do appreciate words of wisdom/'comfort' of the sort, I don't think telling someone to 'man up' (regardless of gender) or saying 'you'll be fine' is the best choice of words in most cases.

While I understand there are different levels of pain severity we experience, and that sometimes we really do have to just put up with it (or 'man up'), but perhaps it would be best to say "I hope you feel better". If it's a physical pain, then I would even recommend expressing interest in the person's well being and see if you can find a solution, which actually leads me to work shift later that night...

I work as a customer service representative (front store cashier) for a pharmacy, so we receive two kinds of calls: front store and pharmacy calls. Before reaching either department, you go through an automated phone menu to decide which dept. you need to contact with. However, the other night towards 2 hours before closing, the pharmacy's phone line stopped working (incredibly, incredibly bad). This lead for all pharmacy calls to be directed to front store, with the additional of regular calls. So, this lead me to juggle two types of calls, which assisting customers at check out. It was interesting, frustrating, and--get read for it--a little exciting to multi-task...

I'll have to finish this story and tell you the point of it after work (just found out i have to go in earlier)...write to ya soon. ;)

Avatar Author's sig: Let me know if you know this author. :)
Pages: 1 ... 835 836 [837] 838 839 ... 908 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: