Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 30, 2014, 03:10:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327761 Posts in 13420 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  What's the haps?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 839 840 [841] 842 843 ... 870 Print
Author Topic: What's the haps?  (Read 644785 times)
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12600 on: May 01, 2014, 07:56:29 PM »

I ordered a copy of a game and it arrived today but it had the wrong game in the case :( Also it was a game I already had anyway.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Klyde Chroma
Pool of Thorns Groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #12601 on: May 01, 2014, 08:43:43 PM »

Well the last few days officially sucked hard-core.

I needed to re-coop some mega financial losses and had to asses what was necessary and what I could part with. I deemed my Sony systems necessary and my nintendo seems sale-able. So I sold off my beloved Wii's and Wii U. It hurt.... It hurt bad...

Next I decided to "cut the fat" in terms of my backlog and sell off a few gems I figured I wouldn't get to until the year 2025. It hurt, but not as bad as the Wii U.

So then, as I wallowed in remorse for having sold some gaming junk I really didn't want to part with, the lights went out and I smelled something burning. I called the power company and told them but they said there was an outtage and not to be concerned, despite the fact that I reiterated numerous times that I smelled something frying. Fast forward a few hours later and when they turned the power back on in my neighborhood a surge cause an electrical fire to start at my circuit breaker.

The beauty of it all? After the last few days of chaos and staying in a hotel, I am home with lights on and it is AWESOME!!!! Renewed gratitude for simple things feels nice.

As a funny aside what do you guys think I did when I realized there was a fire and I needed to leave?..... Well, I grabbed my PS3 of course!!! I figured no matter where I ended up it couldn't be THAT uncomfortable so long as I could enjoy a little Child of Light.

Lovely week :)

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Monsoon
Prinny Instructor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #12602 on: May 02, 2014, 12:33:21 AM »

That sucks, man.  I've also had some financial difficulties coming at the worst possible time since I'll be out of the country in a few weeks.  Turns out money when you want to do some traveling. 

I accidentally deleted a full blog post again.  This time it was maybe 50% done, so not as bad as that first time, but I know why it happened: the undo command.  Blogger's template only saves two or three operations in its ctrl+Z cache (I think that's how it works?) so if you hit ctrl+Z a fourth time everything is deleted forever.  It saves so quickly after that command that I only had a few seconds to close the window before saving, but didn't figure it out in time.  That's a few hours of my life gone.  Back to the drawing board. 

Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12603 on: May 02, 2014, 06:40:20 AM »

Fires are scary...

If it ever happened to me, I think I'd grab my rabbits first but there are some things in my house that just can't be saved due to sheer volume. Like my books. And those would burn really, really well... So scary :(

Glad you're okay Klyde. I doubt I'd have the guts to go home alone after that.
Holykael1
What is a man?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12604 on: May 02, 2014, 07:29:04 AM »

Sorry to hear about that Klyde :(
Happy that everything turned out rather ok in the end.

Im officially on "vacation" mode.. atleast for 3 more days until I dive into stress study mode. A friend of mine is lending me his 3ds xl so I can play AA5.. Im playing Nier almost all day. Good times. Suffering will begin again though, it's just the calm before the storm.

Klyde Chroma
Pool of Thorns Groupie

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #12605 on: May 02, 2014, 02:19:31 PM »

That sucks, man.  I've also had some financial difficulties coming at the worst possible time since I'll be out of the country in a few weeks.  Turns out money when you want to do some traveling.  

My financial problems are completely a result of my own stupidity. I am a jerk with my finances and totally unrealistic. I'm either waaaaay ahead or in dire straights it seems... never can I maintain an even keeled realistic budget.

Fires are scary...

If it ever happened to me, I think I'd grab my rabbits first but there are some things in my house that just can't be saved due to sheer volume. Like my books. And those would burn really, really well... So scary :(

Glad you're okay Klyde. I doubt I'd have the guts to go home alone after that.

Funny you should say that... The thought never even occurred to me that there could be "post fire anxiety" until last night when every little noise I heard seemed in my mind to most probably be some electrical glitch in my wall that would of course, almost certainly, result in another blaze....

Sorry to hear about that Klyde :(
Happy that everything turned out rather ok in the end.

Im officially on "vacation" mode.. atleast for 3 more days until I dive into stress study mode. A friend of mine is lending me his 3ds xl so I can play AA5.. Im playing Nier almost all day. Good times. Suffering will begin again though, it's just the calm before the storm.

Thanks for the sympathy/well wishing my friend. Note my jealousy at your Nier endeavor. Its been in back log for quite some time.

Triscal-Goddess / PSN
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12606 on: May 02, 2014, 06:30:36 PM »

You oughta thank your power company klyde, they managed to tell you about how you were having outtages in your area and forgot to mention taking some of the load off your circuits before power was restored in case of q situation EXACTLY like what happened. Glad you're ok though man, what doesn't kill us,right?

TASTY!
Klyde Chroma
Pool of Thorns Groupie

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #12607 on: May 02, 2014, 07:22:22 PM »

You oughta thank your power company klyde, they managed to tell you about how you were having outtages in your area and forgot to mention taking some of the load off your circuits before power was restored in case of q situation EXACTLY like what happened. Glad you're ok though man, what doesn't kill us,right?

That was pretty much just what the parade of troopers from the fire department said. Actually the first fireman to arrive at my house and see the situation said verbatim "Wow! You should call the power company because you have a real class action lawsuit on your hands!" LoL

On a different, though related note... To help assist me in my time of need my mother was kind enough to offer her services to me to sell some of my crap. She buys and sells antiques through auctons, ebay and flea markets for a living. As such ebay auctions featuring some of my gaming goodies will be up and running soon. Keep an eye on the bazaar and I'll link to them later. She will be handling shipping and whatnot though so I warn anyone who buys... no cool pink boxes and whatnot like I have used in the past.

Just a heads up about the Wii U if anyone is looking, it is still under Gamestop warranty and comes with receipt. In other words, full active product replacement plan til late this year if anyone is interested.

Triscal-Goddess / PSN
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12608 on: May 02, 2014, 08:02:35 PM »

What if you can get the power company to give you money for fire and then you can use it to buy aLL the vidya. :D

o/` I do not dream o/`

Holykael1
What is a man?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12609 on: May 02, 2014, 08:50:46 PM »

Klyde becomes  a millionaire from the lawsuit and spends his life living in the shadows avoiding the public eye. We never hear from him again, maybe he died a tragic death, maybe he is still out there lurking in the shadows.. We would never know.

MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12610 on: May 02, 2014, 09:46:04 PM »

Klyde becomes  a millionaire from the lawsuit and spends his life living in the shadows avoiding the public eye. We never hear from him again, maybe he died a tragic death, maybe he is still out there lurking in the shadows.. We would never know.

OH SHIT HE'S YODERS.

o/` I do not dream o/`

Klyde Chroma
Pool of Thorns Groupie

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #12611 on: May 02, 2014, 10:56:17 PM »

What if you can get the power company to give you money for fire and then you can use it to buy aLL the vidya. :D

I'd be lying if I said the thought has not crossed my mind...

.....OK!! So maybe it would be more accurate to say the thought has become a constant fixation I'm having a hard time ignoring at this point.

^^^ I appreciate this prediction. Well, the rich and hidden part at least. In truth too many people knowing me scares the hell out of me. I only tattoo private clients at night by appointment only for this reason. Too many people got to know me after working 12-12 for nearly a decade straight at one of the most prominent tattoo shops in my area and it freaked me out. I can't even go and buy spinach locally without being recognized. Sometimes a (little) man wants to go out looking like crap and buy his spinach in peace.

I was recently approached by another artist about being on some tattoo reality show. This also freaked me out. I had to say no.

Thing is, I absolutely love to tattoo. I love it more then anything in the world. I just don't like the inevitable reputation that develops as a result of being successful at it.

Sadly the "rich" part will never happen. I spend waaaay too fast for that to happen. And while I will remain locally hidden to the best of my ability I won't leave these forums til I'm banned- LoL. I love it here. And on that note, if I am not ban someday and stop posting you can most assuredly assume I have in fact perished.

OH SHIT HE'S YODERS.

Crud... u figured it out :/

EDIT: My bazaar post linking to the ebay auctions of my crap is up if anyone is interested. I'll be honest, prices are fair with exception of the Wii U which is in fact a good deal.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2014, 11:10:06 PM by Klyde Chroma » Logged

Triscal-Goddess / PSN
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12612 on: May 03, 2014, 03:22:27 AM »

^^^ I appreciate this prediction. Well, the rich and hidden part at least. In truth too many people knowing me scares the hell out of me. I only tattoo private clients at night by appointment only for this reason. Too many people got to know me after working 12-12 for nearly a decade straight at one of the most prominent tattoo shops in my area and it freaked me out. I can't even go and buy spinach locally without being recognized. Sometimes a (little) man wants to go out looking like crap and buy his spinach in peace.

I know what you mean. I'm fortunate enough my fame doesn't extend further than a fairly small anime/gaming community, but I still have moments were I just want to be left alone and not talk to some random person who recognises my name or face from a magazine (and I made so sure those pictures are super vague too!). I'm fine with people who come up to me with a good question, but I hate having to make small talk. It's the reason I don't have a facebook account (with my own name at least), it'd be impossible to separate my private life and work.

On the other hand, it felt really weird when one of the gophers at a small local convention wanted to check my badge at one of the checkpoints. Many just let me right on through because they recognise me or see one their supervisors recognise me. I guess I have gotten used to being a little more well known than most to some extend.
Holykael1
What is a man?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12613 on: May 03, 2014, 06:12:37 AM »

Klyde don't perish.

Anyway, another day of tomfoolery. YAY!
« Last Edit: May 03, 2014, 06:14:28 AM by Holykael1 » Logged

Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #12614 on: May 03, 2014, 08:22:09 PM »

Man this evening has pretty much sucked. Caught the random shutdown bug in Witch and the Hundred Knight after clearing 66% of a map, and now a game I'm trying to install on Steam is stuck at 99%

Hating technology right now, since this is after my mini-fridge broke down, my computer had a startup error scare, and my PS3 is clearly having a couple of issues (I've owned it long enough that I'm not surprised if it's on its last legs)

My incredibly adorable avatar was provided by our one and only Dice!
Pages: 1 ... 839 840 [841] 842 843 ... 870 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: