Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 19, 2014, 12:04:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331641 Posts in 13579 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  What's the haps?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 840 841 [842] 843 844 ... 886 Print
Author Topic: What's the haps?  (Read 688101 times)
Klyde Chroma
Pool of Thorns Groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #12615 on: May 03, 2014, 08:35:40 PM »

it'd be impossible to separate my private life and work.

That pretty much sums it up right there.

I'm glad you share similar feelings on the matter. It honestly makes me internally guilt ridden to feel the way I feel about it. That is, I can't help but see myself as some spoiled brat whining about success sometimes. I know that is not truly the case, but I am also aware that is how it can come across if I'm not careful and handle the matter with "kid gloves" at times.

So thank you for sharing Tomara :)

Klyde don't perish.

No intentions yet Holy. I have far too great a backlog to perish any time in the foreseeable future.

Man this evening has pretty much sucked. Caught the random shutdown bug in Witch and the Hundred Knight after clearing 66% of a map, and now a game I'm trying to install on Steam is stuck at 99%

Hating technology right now, since this is after my mini-fridge broke down, my computer had a startup error scare, and my PS3 is clearly having a couple of issues (I've owned it long enough that I'm not surprised if it's on its last legs)

Techno issues are truly maddening. I've been lucky as of late, but I DO NOT handle them well when they occur. My com starts up... I get blue screen of death... I become convinced my world is imploding. Something about console freezes, com glitches et cetera just happens to REALLY test my patience.

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12616 on: May 04, 2014, 12:31:11 AM »

fffffffffffffff

Hung around with my mom this morning/afternoon. Returned game via FedEx. Went home. Played Burnout Paradise for a bit, then slept from 4:30 to 6:something. Took bus down to Short North. Went to Magnolia Thunderpussy and got the other Talk Talk CD I wanted. Got a veggie burger. Saw some fursuiters. Saw some horse-mounted police officers and one of the horses was kind of freaked out by a giant balloon and it was adorable. Saw a bunch of cute doggies.

Anyway there were some hare krishna and they were chanting and they had this totally sick-ass beat going, it was amazing. Later I was at this coffee shop getting 3.35 dollar coffee and a vegan, gluten free brownie, and the hare krishnas come by chanting again.

Tried to catch a bus around 10. Some Wiccan chick came up and was really distraught and wanted a lift but I don't drive so I just gave her bus fair and she gave me a hug :x

Bus I wanted decided to fuck off and drive into the river or something IDK. Furthers busses rerouted/refused to stop at normal stops. Ran from the downtown back to the bus stop over by the Hyatt/Convention Center. Some people over there were waiting on the 8, which I THOUGHT I saw leave from the depot downtown so idk where the fuck these things were going. Ended up taking the bus that just goes from the downtown up to the park of roses, got off at the OSU campus and had to walk the rest of the way back.

Went to UDF and got a SIerra Mist because the air quality's really dry and gross right now and I needed moisture. Had to walk back a mile. Saw some dudes by the Schott pushing their car 'cause it was out of gas.

In summary fuck everything YOLO.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Dincrest
A-class rider (in training)
RPGFan Editor

I smile when I climb

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12617 on: May 04, 2014, 03:21:10 PM »

Yesterday was an awesome day.  I went on a lengthy bike ride (wanted to go 24-25 miles but my dogs were barking around 18-20; I powered some nice hills though) in the morning. 

I spent the afternoon at a couple of shops for Free Comic Book Day.  I dressed up in my stage outfit I use with Pool of Thorns, schmoozed, gave away a ton of our old CDs (we're in the studio this month working on a new EP), snagged freebies and bought some good stuff thanks to FCBD sales.  I love FCBD.  http://www.rpgfan.com/boards/index.php?topic=12854.msg331082#msg331082

And in the evening I went to the movies; I saw Divergent and I loved it.  http://www.rpgfan.com/boards/index.php?topic=2650.msg331060#msg331060

Next bike-a-thon: PD500 Rock 'n Roll ride (to benefit Parkinson's Disease) October 5, 2014
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12618 on: May 04, 2014, 04:26:00 PM »

I am done packing except for kitchen stuff and the bedding and clothes I am wearing between now and Thursday. I am at that antsy part of waiting. The part where you are ready to go but you have to wait. Normally I am very patient, but this wait is going to kill me!

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Wild Armor
Observer

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #12619 on: May 04, 2014, 08:50:58 PM »

Working on some music transcriptions for Wild ARMS 3 & 4. They are coming out pretty well. I've gotten most of the melody line for the WA4 track and all of the melody line for the WA3 one. It's a shame I can't find any midis of Wild Arms 3 - 5 (there's like 1 or two). That's fine, this is good practice for me and a really relaxing hobby. I appreciate that I don't have to search the menus for the tempo change in Audacity...it makes transcribing that much simpler.

Avatar Author's sig: Let me know if you know this author. :)
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #12620 on: May 04, 2014, 11:12:52 PM »

Got a job again!

But it's part-time, minimum wage, shitty benefits (though better than EB/Gamestop), and pretty complicated work....

But I can pay off my credit card, buy games again, and stop leaching off my folks and boyfriend, so yay!

In all seriousness; I've never been so torn.  I'm thrilled to earn money again, but after 10 years of part-timing I'm getting sick and tired of making shit wages for annoying work.  Well... the actually work doesn't seem too bad, and the people I work with seem nice.  Truthfully: I think I'd rather just work at a restaurant, the work also stinks but at least it compensates by way of tips.... or, y'know, finally get a job-job, but where the fuck are those, amirite?

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12621 on: May 05, 2014, 01:07:47 AM »

Well I am a year out from the end of my cancer treatment so I finally can get my port removed.  Yay!  I still have to meet with the surgeon to schedule it.  Of course I am going to be busy till the end of the month.  My next week off, I am going to Hangout Fest.

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12622 on: May 05, 2014, 02:37:24 PM »

I ended up giving my wife a bag full of cash for her birthday. I felt like an idiot, but she totally understood. Made her chocolate chip pancakes, and had my Aunts bakery make her a special cake. Spent the day doing stuff with her(art show, museums, dinner out), so it was all good.
Weekend was way too busy, with little down time. I don't like that at all. Next weekend will be similar. Plus, I HATE having to get up early on the weekend. Pure EVIL.

Playing: TWD Season 2
Reading: Mistborn #2 by Brandon Sanderson
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12623 on: May 05, 2014, 02:57:53 PM »

it'd be impossible to separate my private life and work.

That pretty much sums it up right there.

I'm glad you share similar feelings on the matter. It honestly makes me internally guilt ridden to feel the way I feel about it. That is, I can't help but see myself as some spoiled brat whining about success sometimes. I know that is not truly the case, but I am also aware that is how it can come across if I'm not careful and handle the matter with "kid gloves" at times.

So thank you for sharing Tomara :)

Don't ever feel guilty about it. Just because the media make it sound like you have to love attention doesn't mean it's truly the case. You're just doing what you love and the attention is a side effect, right? It's only human to complain about unwanted side effects once in a while.

ultra7k

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12624 on: May 05, 2014, 06:30:00 PM »

What the hell, why am I getting in trouble for something that isn't even my job at work?
The more I think about it, the more the person whose job it actually is gets a free pass, and the stuff just falls onto my plate.
Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12625 on: May 05, 2014, 10:40:23 PM »

Well I am a year out from the end of my cancer treatment so I finally can get my port removed.  Yay!  I still have to meet with the surgeon to schedule it.  Of course I am going to be busy till the end of the month.  My next week off, I am going to Hangout Fest.

Congrats! My wife refused the port and thus had bruises and sore spots constantly. Luckily her treatments are taking a break due to some kidney issues so at least she doesn't have to be poked for awhile...hopefully, just like I hope for you, forever!

Everything's Eventual
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12626 on: May 06, 2014, 12:52:27 AM »

The color of grass is a terrible sound I can't shut out.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #12627 on: May 06, 2014, 03:48:18 AM »

The color of grass is a terrible sound I can't shut out.

I could hear cupcakes in the other room, I was so excited feeling them -- they went perfectly with the smell of music in the other room, I could taste those sound waves.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
OrsonFury

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #12628 on: May 07, 2014, 11:10:26 AM »

Congrats on the new part-time job Dice. Hopefully it'll help you until a full-time position becomes available.

I'm working on motivation so I can finish FFXIII-2 and Fire Emblem 3DS: Awakening this week while the Mrs. is oversees two weeks for work. It's like being a bachelor all over again, kinda weird. I've been going through my media backlog of movies, DVR, anime and honey-dos I've meaning to get around to.

Speaking of work. On a more serious note, I'm contemplating a major career change that would require me to go to community college at night for one to three years max if I decide to commit to it while I maintain my day job. If I switch fields to nursing, I could potentially have higher job security, stability and opportunity to move up in a new career.

Playing: SMTIV (3DS).
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12629 on: May 07, 2014, 04:03:39 PM »

Went to Kentucky and Oregon lately.

For the people that say Chicago is a beautiful city... sure haven't been anywhere else.

Pages: 1 ... 840 841 [842] 843 844 ... 886 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: