Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 01, 2014, 02:15:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
335315 Posts in 13729 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  What's the haps?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 865 866 [867] 868 869 ... 900 Print
Author Topic: What's the haps?  (Read 726717 times)
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12990 on: July 14, 2014, 08:40:15 PM »

We will see what happens. Right now the insurance is dealing with it. I am filing a claim for the diminished value of my vehicle. I sent the repair bill to an appraiser and they said it lost probably about 9k in value if I were to trade it in today vs before I got hit. Then I will see what happens with my "pain and suffering". The insurance adjuster already said we will talk about that in a few weeks. He brought it up, not me. My medical bills are 3k right now, which they are paying for, but I need physical therapy. So we will see what they say.

They should be paying for your medical/auto bills without argument. Particularly the medical.

Sorry to hear you're in pain.

I (technically my parents) found an apartment for the fall today. It's the top floor of a house - 800-900 square feet, hardwood floors and laundry in the building! (Because it *sucks* hauling your laundry to a laundromat). Plus the utilities are included, which sealed the deal).

I'm starting to get really excited to get out of Korea.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12991 on: July 14, 2014, 08:42:30 PM »

Welp, I'm officially a member of the 3 plate club at my gym. 2 sets of 3 reps after my first exercise of seated dips. Yup, I feel gud.

TASTY!
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12992 on: July 14, 2014, 09:55:15 PM »

I was hungry tonight so I made a big supper with a lot of rice. Now, I'm full.

This is why I don't use twitter. I'd be the most boring to read ever.
Holykael1
What is a man?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12993 on: July 15, 2014, 05:18:35 PM »

Holidays. Watching a lot of anime, dicking on the internet and playing games. Good stuff.

Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12994 on: July 15, 2014, 05:20:17 PM »

My boyfriend watching one of the Pokemon movies and I spent half of it trying to pinpoint where I heard one of the voices from.

It was Junpei's from Persona 3. I can sleep now.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Holykael1
What is a man?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12995 on: July 15, 2014, 05:48:07 PM »

My boyfriend watching one of the Pokemon movies and I spent half of it trying to pinpoint where I heard one of the voices from.

Rest in Piece my dear Goosey.
Code:
It's a joke, it's lame but it was funny in my head

Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12996 on: July 15, 2014, 05:53:41 PM »

Rest in Piece my dear Goosey.
Code:
It's a joke, it's lame but it was funny in my head

Sacrifice 3 virgin neckbeards on a full moon 100 years from now and I will rise again. But for now, I slumber.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12997 on: July 16, 2014, 09:54:02 AM »

Something amazing happened today! I was waiting at the bus stop and two Canadian women asked for directions. They may be the very first Canadians to visit these parts since 1945 (this is an exageration... or is it?)! :D I wonder why they're here... Wait, could they be the grandchildren of soldiers who liberated these towns? Have they come to visit the museum and memorials? That'd make sense. Not many other reasons to visit. Damnit, I should have asked! Too bad my bus arrived right after I gave them directions...

Man, I feel like a NPC now. Just standing there, showing descendants of legendary heroes the way to the next (and better) town.

Somewhat related: I went shopping in Doetinchem, a fairly small city of which the centre that was practically bombed to ruins in the last stretch of the war. Not by Germans, but by the Britts who mistook it for the German city of Isselburgh... 200 people died because of that fuck up. They even covered up, reported it had actually been an attack on Anholt, a German town near the border. The city looks like any other now, but you'll find many monuments and memorials if you know where to look.

The small town I lived in wasn't hit that hard, but the Germans did decide to go out with a bang when the Canadians were on their way. They had a lot of ammunition stored nearby, shoved it all into the community building farmers used for storage and the like, and blew the whole thing up. Germany soldiers didn't even warn the people living next to it. Six townspeople died, three of them children, mere hours before the town was liberated.

Damnit, now I'm all sad. I'm glad they teach some local history like this in our schools, though.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 09:58:46 AM by Tomara » Logged
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12998 on: July 17, 2014, 12:12:08 AM »

You could've told that to the two Canucks and really have been a modern hero.

Fascinating stuff, though. Europe's been through some shit.
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12999 on: July 17, 2014, 02:43:20 AM »

If my theory is correct, they visited the small war museum in the town they were headed to (not much else to do there, really), which is run by my old neighbour. I got many of the stories I know from him :D

(The other theory is that they just like walking, but if you come all the way to the Netherlands to walk, you're not going to be walking here. You'd enter the Four Day March in Nijmegen, which is held this week. Plus, they weren't equipped like long distance walkers anyway, which means the walking was more of a recreational thing. Like, get on the bus and get out several stops in advance to admire some scenery. Or maybe just walk from one town to the next. That's doable without water, even in our summer weather. Guessing from the direction they we're coming from and mentioning they're both wrong when I pointed them in the right direction, they're probably staying in Z., a town in walking distance of several other small towns and villages.)

(Instead of Sherlocking them I should just ask my dad if he's heard about any Canadians visiting. News like that travels like wildfire. Funny. The internet lets us talk to people on the other side of the world instantly, but seeing an actual live foreigner up close is still something amazing.)
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13000 on: July 17, 2014, 11:49:06 PM »

Man, it feels like it's been forever since I posted a haps, let alone anything on the boards at all. It's been a hellish Spring/Summer at work, and I'm just too tired and stressed out to do much else during the week. The weekends are a mad scramble to get stuff done around the house/garden, but I never catch up there either.
Throw in slight marital issues(nothing major, but...) and it's all really getting to me.
Aaaaanyway...
I'm going on a well-deserved vacation next week. The family is taking a road trip from NE IL. to Glassboro, New Jersey. We'll be staying a night in Akron, OH. on the way there, and a night in Pittsburgh on the way home. We'll be in the Philadelphia area for almost 4 days, and I'm perusing sites looking for interesting things to do and see.
Mutter Museum is high on my wife's list
Can anyone from around that area recommend anything? You guys know about my love of nature and gardening, so I'm definitely leaning in that direction. I don't want my wife and son to be bored, though.
We'll be stopping at Gettysburg on our way home. I'm not too into that kind of stuff, but feel we should see it anyway.

Playing: TWD Season 2, Alan Wake
Reading: Mistborn #2 by Brandon Sanderson
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13001 on: July 18, 2014, 11:10:29 AM »

Hey Grim, Do you know of anything that a 12 year old boy definitely needs to check out when they go to Chicago? My gfs kid is visiting his dad in Chicago and I want to give him some ideas since his dad won't think of any. Thanks!

My diminished value claim has been sent to the insurance company. Now I just need to wait until the car is fixed and then I can start the haggling. My injuries are doing better My neck is stiff and sore still and constantly feels like it needs to crack.

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13002 on: July 18, 2014, 12:57:24 PM »

For a good time in Chicago make sure to visit lovely Englewood

http://wgntv.com/2013/08/25/its-englewood-12-hours-in-one-of-chicagos-most-dangerous-neighborhoods/
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13003 on: July 18, 2014, 05:14:09 PM »

Hey Grim, Do you know of anything that a 12 year old boy definitely needs to check out when they go to Chicago? My gfs kid is visiting his dad in Chicago and I want to give him some ideas since his dad won't think of any. Thanks!

My diminished value claim has been sent to the insurance company. Now I just need to wait until the car is fixed and then I can start the haggling. My injuries are doing better My neck is stiff and sore still and constantly feels like it needs to crack.

I can tell you what my son has enjoyed. He's 13 right now. Pretty much all the typical stuff, really. He loves the Shedd Aquarium, as well as the Museum of Science and Industry. The wife and I enjoy the Field and the Art Museum.
Personally, I like visiting the places like the Lurie garden and Millenium Park. The Bean!
Navy Pier always has something going on, but it costs a ton just to park there.
Yodes, being a Chicago guy, can probably recommend some places as well.

Playing: TWD Season 2, Alan Wake
Reading: Mistborn #2 by Brandon Sanderson
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #13004 on: July 18, 2014, 05:47:23 PM »

So I've finally started getting in the habit of writing everyday, and started a blog to go along with that. I figured I'd share my first post here, since it was inspired by the Conception 2 thread on these very forums:

http://slashshout.wordpress.com/2014/07/18/the-best-defense

Please share your thoughts if you have any, not only on the writing itself but on the blog and formatting as well. (Oh, and don't take any offense to the critical bits, Never am I referring to anyone on these forums since I have nothing but respect for this community)
Pages: 1 ... 865 866 [867] 868 869 ... 900 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: