Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 25, 2014, 10:49:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334812 Posts in 13711 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  What's the haps?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 866 867 [868] 869 870 ... 900 Print
Author Topic: What's the haps?  (Read 716622 times)
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13005 on: July 18, 2014, 05:55:28 PM »

So I've finally started getting in the habit of writing everyday, and started a blog to go along with that. I figured I'd share my first post here, since it was inspired by the Conception 2 thread on these very forums:

http://slashshout.wordpress.com/2014/07/18/the-best-defense

Please share your thoughts if you have any, not only on the writing itself but on the blog and formatting as well. (Oh, and don't take any offense to the critical bits, Never am I referring to anyone on these forums since I have nothing but respect for this community)

The teal background and white text doesn't mesh well, imo. Unless you plan on sprucing up the layout of the blog, I'd go with a more conservative color theme. I use a white background and black text for both of my sites.
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13006 on: July 20, 2014, 12:47:51 PM »

July can officially suck my dick. First I got in a car accident and now I get a text after a wonderful weekend telling me that my apartment was broken into and my ps3,ps4, and all my games were stolen. I am so fucking done.

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #13007 on: July 20, 2014, 12:53:46 PM »

Man, that really sucks

If you have the original boxes for the systems make sure to tell the police the serial numbers and make sure they inform local Gamestops and pawn shops to look out for those serial numbers.
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13008 on: July 20, 2014, 01:23:06 PM »

July can officially suck my dick. First I got in a car accident and now I get a text after a wonderful weekend telling me that my apartment was broken into and my ps3,ps4, and all my games were stolen. I am so fucking done.

I'm so sorry. *hugs* :( <3 you don't deserve it dude.

Also, Klutz gives good advices.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13009 on: July 20, 2014, 01:40:24 PM »

Man, that really sucks

If you have the original boxes for the systems make sure to tell the police the serial numbers and make sure they inform local Gamestops and pawn shops to look out for those serial numbers.

I don't have the boxes, unfortunately. I do have rental insurance, so I may be able to recoup some of the loss. I will be filling out a list of the games, also since I just bought it 2 months ago at gamestop I will see if they still have the information since I used my rewards card. It's a long shot, but it's a shot.

I am just...annoyed. It is an odd situation. THey didn't take my laptops which were sitting next to the ps4, my desktops, the camera sitting right next to my ps4, the fire safe clearly visible in my closet that has a convenient handle. The curtain that is up in my room entryway to give me privacy when the door is closed was not torn down, despite the fact that it is a weak tension rod holding it up and tugging it brings it down. You would think they would have been in a hurry and pulled it down, instead of gently opening it. I can't just accuse someone of doing it, despite the fact that I really think it was them.

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #13010 on: July 20, 2014, 01:46:50 PM »

Yeah, that tells me it was someone just looking to make a quick wad of cash at a Gamestop (really wish we didn't give cash for trade-ins to avoid shit like this). If the store can't help you, then at least the customer service line should be able to look up the transaction.

I wish you luck, and I'm sure plenty of people here would be willing to do whatever they can to help.
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13011 on: July 20, 2014, 04:01:29 PM »

I was able to get the serial number for the ps4 at least. Gave it to the cop. I may never get my shit back, but if they do pawn it they will hopefully get caught and I will get it back.

Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13012 on: July 20, 2014, 09:24:45 PM »

Hope your August is a better month, Dagg.  

Haps... I don't know if anyone remembers the band 40 Below Summer (their hit single was "Self Medicate" which had a video on Headbanger's Ball in '03), but they headlined Smitefest this past weekend and my band played two sets.  We kicked off the 2nd stage after-party after 40 Below played (they liked us) and we played again the next day on the main stage.  

I never got into them, because I was never really into nu-metal in its heyday and "Self Medicate" was just another generic nu-metal song to me.  But at the show, they were playing mostly new (and new to me) material and I enjoyed it.  I love it when things turn my expectations upside down and open up the possibility of a change of heart.  And they were pretty chill guys, so that's always a plus.  I hate it when you get a chance to meet a band and they're douchewads.  And, hey, they're a New Jersey band so home state pride.

« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 09:39:19 PM by Dincrest » Logged

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13013 on: July 20, 2014, 10:02:09 PM »

Dagger bud, I sincerly hope the asshole/assholes get caughy and you get everything back and then some. This really has been a shit month for you and I seriously wish next month to be much better.

TASTY!
SonicDeathMonkey

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13014 on: July 20, 2014, 10:59:25 PM »

Dagger, something very similar happened to me when i was in 5th grade.
My PSOne, along with all of my games, were just gone when I got home from school.
I remember that day so vividly along with the sinking feeling I got when I walked into the living room to play Legend of Mana, as was my routine at the time.
I feel your feels.
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13015 on: July 21, 2014, 03:39:24 PM »

So new developments! My roommate said he worked from 4pm-11pm Saturday, came home to change, then left to see someone until 6am Sunday when he came home and noticed the door slightly ajar.

The weird part is someone logged into my PS4 to play Madden at 10pm Saturday night. The PS4 was in my room, so that means they felt comfortable enough to play in my room for a good long while.

My insurance company is cutting me a check for a portion of my loss, I have no idea what that will be yet. I just hope it is enough to get a new PS4,, though it definitely won't be enough to replace some of the games :-(

Klyde Chroma
Lvl. 7 Fruity Ninja and Dincrest groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #13016 on: July 21, 2014, 06:53:27 PM »

Gee golly, Dagger. When it rains it pours as they say. June/July proved sort of soggy for me as well, but nothing near as severe as what you are enduring. My thoughts go out to you.

One of my biggest unfounded fears is someone breaking into my place and stealing my gaming crap. I know I would never get half of the merchandise I've collected back. On that point, I think it takes a for real scum-bag to steal someones personal  goods. There are a great many moral lows man can reach, but stealing another mans personal belongings is something I REALLY detest and can't understand. There are a number of other immoral, illegal ways to go out and make money that does not directly hurt and violate another innocent human being. People can really suck alright.

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13017 on: July 21, 2014, 09:24:37 PM »

Why is fruit salad?

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13018 on: July 22, 2014, 03:07:37 AM »

One of my biggest unfounded fears is someone breaking into my place and stealing my gaming crap. I know I would never get half of the merchandise I've collected back. On that point, I think it takes a for real scum-bag to steal someones personal  goods. There are a great many moral lows man can reach, but stealing another mans personal belongings is something I REALLY detest and can't understand. There are a number of other immoral, illegal ways to go out and make money that does not directly hurt and violate another innocent human being. People can really suck alright.

I have nightmares about someone breaking in quite often, especially after the incident with crazy neighbour :/

I've told this story here before, but my sister actually had something stolen from her right from her room. She had invited some friends over. Atleast, she thought all of them were friends. One of them stole her mobile phone, mistaking it for a model that was actually worth something. (Note: they were all around 14 years old) In her case it all worked out. The guy was an idiot, so it wasn't hard to figure out he was the culprit. He had already caused some minor trouble in town and showed all the signs of going further down hill, so the police took the case quite seriously. Two months later my sis had her phone back. (And now, many years later, that guy takes it up the butt for cash at shady parties.)
Holykael1
What is a man?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13019 on: July 22, 2014, 06:59:08 AM »

Jeez you guys have experienced some bizarre incidents.

Pages: 1 ... 866 867 [868] 869 870 ... 900 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: