Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 25, 2014, 10:10:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338358 Posts in 13851 Topics by 2215 Members
Latest Member: RPGtourguide
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  What's the haps?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 867 868 [869] 870 871 ... 909 Print
Author Topic: What's the haps?  (Read 742217 times)
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #13020 on: July 22, 2014, 11:21:07 AM »

One of my biggest unfounded fears is someone breaking into my place and stealing my gaming crap. I know I would never get half of the merchandise I've collected back. On that point, I think it takes a for real scum-bag to steal someones personal  goods. There are a great many moral lows man can reach, but stealing another mans personal belongings is something I REALLY detest and can't understand. There are a number of other immoral, illegal ways to go out and make money that does not directly hurt and violate another innocent human being. People can really suck alright.

I have nightmares about someone breaking in quite often, especially after the incident with crazy neighbour :/

I've told this story here before, but my sister actually had something stolen from her right from her room. She had invited some friends over. Atleast, she thought all of them were friends. One of them stole her mobile phone, mistaking it for a model that was actually worth something. (Note: they were all around 14 years old) In her case it all worked out. The guy was an idiot, so it wasn't hard to figure out he was the culprit. He had already caused some minor trouble in town and showed all the signs of going further down hill, so the police took the case quite seriously. Two months later my sis had her phone back. (And now, many years later, that guy takes it up the butt for cash at shady parties.)

Whem I was in Junior High, I had a friend steal $50 cash from me and spent the entire amount on Pokemon cards. >.<

Got my revenge though, as my step dad confronted the store owner where he bought the cards and my "friend" was no longer allowed in that store.
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13021 on: July 23, 2014, 01:07:16 AM »

Some asshole stole my Magic: The Gathering cards in Junior High. These were like, 1st edition cards too. Way back when.

I've been working crazy hours lately. Drinking too much too.

Got some ribs for dinner today. Watching BBC Sherlock now.
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13022 on: July 23, 2014, 05:18:15 PM »

Crazy neighbour is screaming again. The door my my balcony is still open, but if I close it now, he'll see me.

Edit: from his ramblings I gathered this: he apparantly took a bet (some street game?) and the people he was playing against let him win the first few times (of course). Then he lost €20. So he called 112 (our 911), who did not appreciate being called for something like that. So he called again. Eleven times total. And now he's angry and the whole world needs to die.

I feel kinda bad for him. I mean, it's obvious he's not 100% functional and he's having a hard time. On the other hand, he scares the shit out of me!
« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 05:30:50 PM by Tomara » Logged
Aurian

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13023 on: July 23, 2014, 10:00:17 PM »

Some asshole stole my Magic: The Gathering cards in Junior High. These were like, 1st edition cards too. Way back when.

I've been working crazy hours lately. Drinking too much too.

Got some ribs for dinner today. Watching BBC Sherlock now.

1st edition? They could be worth thousands now.
Loved BBC Sherlock. Wish seasons weren't 3 episodes long :(
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13024 on: July 23, 2014, 10:02:01 PM »

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13025 on: July 23, 2014, 10:17:02 PM »

I asked my roommate to move out. He will be leaving next Friday after he gets his next check. I will have to keep my eyes on my stuff for the next week or so.

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Smiley Abuser

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13026 on: July 24, 2014, 09:59:04 PM »

Scotland got a gold medal for Judo at the Commonwealth Games today.

Of course this means they play our national anthem, which NO ONE KNOWS THE LYRICS TOO. It's always so cringey.

We need a better national anthem, Flower of Scotland is so shit.

I've always been more fond of "Highland Cathedral".

Flower of Scotland is about winning a victory over England, while Highland Cathedral is more about having a love for our beautiful country.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13027 on: July 24, 2014, 10:15:14 PM »

Scotland got a gold medal for Judo at the Commonwealth Games today.

Of course this means they play our national anthem, which NO ONE KNOWS THE LYRICS TOO. It's always so cringey.

We need a better national anthem, Flower of Scotland is so shit.

I've always been more fond of "Highland Cathedral".

Flower of Scotland is about winning a victory over England, while Highland Cathedral is more about having a love for our beautiful country.

Props to Leon Lai for making the Chinese anthem awesome: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHYk67inVgk
Anyone know of other remix of national anthems?
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #13028 on: July 24, 2014, 10:51:09 PM »

The Commonwealth, eh?

http://youtu.be/-Aj3KZa1ZCM
Code:
John Oliver

*Actually, we get quite a bit of coverage in Canada (cuz, y'know, the queen I guess), the US I hear does not...nor care.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 11:08:12 PM by Dice » Logged

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #13029 on: July 24, 2014, 11:03:54 PM »

I asked my roommate to move out. He will be leaving next Friday after he gets his next check. I will have to keep my eyes on my stuff for the next week or so.

Shitty situation, sorry to hear it.  Is your roommate a friend that you trusted or someone you just ended up living with?

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13030 on: July 25, 2014, 12:23:21 AM »

I asked my roommate out. He will be leaving his next check. I will keep my eyes for the next week or so.

Neat!

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13031 on: July 25, 2014, 10:08:11 AM »

Shitty situation, sorry to hear it.  Is your roommate a friend that you trusted or someone you just ended up living with?

Just someone I ended up living with. I have had terrible luck having friends as roommates, they end up screwing me over on rent and other stuff, so I hoped someone who wasn't a friend would be better. It wasn't. I don't know that he stole my stuff, but his negligence of leaving the back door unlocked and also the fact that his story to me and to the police differs significantly in timeline is what made me decide to ask him to leave. I don't NEED a roommate, I just wanted to try and save some money.

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13032 on: July 26, 2014, 05:55:13 PM »

I just noticed that Kevuda's age is marked as N/A. He is ageless. He is the Immortal. He is The One.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Smiley Abuser

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13033 on: July 26, 2014, 06:02:07 PM »

Just saw in the paper a girl I went to school with is dead. We grew up in the same village, and while I never knew her closely, she was always friendly to me.

I had heard her life had turned very tragic after I left school. Drugs, prostitution, abusive boyfriend. So sad. I'll remember her as the good person she was in school.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13034 on: July 27, 2014, 02:07:55 AM »

I never realized what a headache insurance companies can be.  My mom has to wait on referrals to get appointments and procedures done.  The insurance company even denied her a PET scan and insisted that since it was stomach cancer, a CAT scan should be done instead.  My mom's surgical oncologist wants one done also so they will try to resubmit it and get the okay.  If not, I told my mom I will pay for it myself.  She did get a CAT scan and the cancer is almost through the wall.  So we were happy when the oncologist's nurse called to say my mom needs surgery and radiation but no chemo.

So my mom then goes to the surgical oncologist.  Apparently he wont know how much of the stomach needs to be removed until she is opened up on the table.  He is going to remove the lymph nodes around the area and possibly her spleen.  She is going to have a temporary feeding tube while she heals.  This is some scary stuff.  Then he tells us she is going to have chemo then radiation after the surgery.  This contradicts the oncologist, whom I am upset with since he didn't even meet with my mom after the initial consult.  We don't know what stage she is!  I told her maybe she needs to get a second opinion.  Anyways, she needs to get her heart checked out to make sure she is strong enough for the surgery.  She also needs to get another biopsy to confirm it is cancer since the surgical oncologist works for a different hospital.  So many hoops and contradicting treatment plans.

We are all trying our best to stay positive, but the surgery scares me.  I try not to think about it and instead I've been taking her out to restaurants so she can have some great meals before her surgery. 

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
Pages: 1 ... 867 868 [869] 870 871 ... 909 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: