Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2014, 10:21:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
332834 Posts in 13638 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  What's the haps?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 869 870 [871] 872 873 ... 889 Print
Author Topic: What's the haps?  (Read 698220 times)
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13050 on: August 01, 2014, 12:08:11 AM »

[Shot of Hiccup (tm) from Dreamwork's How to Train your Dragon 2 (tm) walking through a poorly-lit hallway, carrying a clipboard].
[Hiccup (tm) walks past a partially-open door with some light shining through, staring at the clipboard.
Hiccup (tm): Hey Big Mac, have you seen Captain Lou lately? He left this note saying that he was gone for go--
[Hiccup (tm) looks up and drops the clipboard.]
Hiccup (tm): Woah.
[Bic Macintosh (tm) from Hasbro's My Little Pony (tm) is reclining in an antique clawfoot bathtub, holding a Sonic (tm) Cherry Limeade.]
[Big Macintosh (tm) takes a long slurp of the Sonic (tm) Cherry Limeade.]
[Shot turns back to Hiccup (tm), who looks down and is now holding a Sonic (tm) Cherry Limeade.]
[Hiccup (tm) takes a long slurp of the Sonic (tm) Cherry Limeade.]
Title Card: There's Good, and Then There's Sonic Good (tm).

« Last Edit: August 01, 2014, 12:09:49 AM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13051 on: August 02, 2014, 04:19:23 PM »

Finally broke it....360 pound bench press. I can now bench my own body weight. 

I know there's an existing youtube thread, but this is more haps than youtube worth.
http://youtu.be/G2mV4bPu-Lc

TASTY!
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13052 on: August 02, 2014, 09:41:27 PM »

I got sent home from work early today (and told not to come in until Monday) because I said "Fuck you" to a customer who asked me if I was deaf in a nasty tone. I have a really low tolerance towards customers who act like assholes, which is why my main job at the store doesn't involve me working with customers. But then management had the bright idea of scheduling me to work so early when there are a lot of customers.

In the end, I really can't wait until I get my master's degree in accounting and start working towards becoming a CPA because I really hate dealing with condescending customers.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #13053 on: August 03, 2014, 12:18:19 AM »

I stepped outside of my apartment to go to the grocery store and there was a parade.  Not even a block away.  Which I knew nothing about...not only that, but the parade route and the route I take when I walk to the grocery store were almost exactly the same.  So, uh, here's for random grocery store run parades.

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #13054 on: August 03, 2014, 02:49:28 AM »

Did computer work and my foot kept falling asleep...

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13055 on: August 03, 2014, 09:52:16 AM »

I got sent home from work early today (and told not to come in until Monday) because I said "Fuck you" to a customer who asked me if I was deaf in a nasty tone. I have a really low tolerance towards customers who act like assholes, which is why my main job at the store doesn't involve me working with customers. But then management had the bright idea of scheduling me to work so early when there are a lot of customers.

In the end, I really can't wait until I get my master's degree in accounting and start working towards becoming a CPA because I really hate dealing with condescending customers.

Haha fantastic!

Question though. When you become a CPA what do you intend to do? You will deal with condescending assholes in every job where you interact with other humans. 

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13056 on: August 03, 2014, 10:33:08 AM »

So I was walking around the Short North last night, drinkin' a fancy goddamn coffee, when I somehow get caught up in this parade of fursuiters, so I like duck off under an awning to let them GTFO after they done doin' what they doin', but there's this one fursuiters hanging back from the rest and a cop is hashing him about something.

Never saw a cop harshin' a fursuiter before.

Shit was so cash.

o/` I do not dream o/`

dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13057 on: August 03, 2014, 10:55:09 AM »

Haha fantastic!

Question though. When you become a CPA what do you intend to do? You will deal with condescending assholes in every job where you interact with other humans. 

I don't know at the moment, but I'll probably start off in tax accounting.

I know I'll have to deal with those kind of people everywhere, but it's the difference in job titles that I think will make the difference. Right now, (assuming that I didn't lose my job), I'm just a lowly stocker at The Home Depot. Customers always look down on me and act like assholes. There are some nice customers, but the majority of the ones I have dealt with are assholes to me. On the contrary, it's kind of hard to look down on someone who has a profession such as accounting the way people do when you work (barely above) minimum wage in retail.
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13058 on: August 04, 2014, 11:08:50 AM »

I dated a CPA for several years. She still had to put up with asshole clients that: didn't cooperate, had bad files, and didn't like the news.
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13059 on: August 05, 2014, 01:22:19 PM »

I dated a CPA for several years. She still had to put up with asshole clients that: didn't cooperate, had bad files, and didn't like the news.

At least they make 4-5x the pay and get compensated for dealing with people like that.
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13060 on: August 05, 2014, 07:46:33 PM »

Cleveland is roughly the size of Cleveworld's parking lot, but its portability makes up for it.

<sometime later>

FUCK.

I LIVE IN OHIO.

--- edit ---

http://www.danshanoff.com/2006/10/why-jim-tressel-will-never-leave-ohio.html

Oh the hindsight.

But still this city feels inert. I'm getting spooky uncontrollable flashbacks to college and the town was awful but there was motion from the wind -- leaves/branches/grass/clouds. Here it's just heat and baked dumpsters and pavement. Here has buildings but they're these soulless dark empty things and not the flashing lights of a downtown in motion I thought I wanted, but the swamp was even less.

I don't know what a move to Ann Arbor would get me besides distance -- there's no running but I want to do anything. There are, at least, people outside there and it looks like there's a sense of community, whereas here we've got Giant Eagle upon Giant Eagle for blocks.

Everywhere's dead, I guess?, just dead differently.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 12:31:10 AM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not dream o/`

Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13061 on: August 06, 2014, 04:54:25 AM »

So I've been saving my vacation days all year, after I applied to Teacher's College in case I needed to leave my job early.

Now work is saying I'm not allowed to use them, I should have used them before and that if I leave before the end of my contract, I lose my bonus pay (one month's salary) and my ticket home.

So today I booked a ticket to Tokyo for the 23rd where I will stay for one night, crash with a buddy, see a high school friend who had a baby last year, buy some video games (Fatal Frame Wii!) and go home Sunday evening.

I will arrive Sunday afternoon in Canada.

I will start school the next day. I don't get to move into my apartment until September 1st.

This is a total clusterfuck.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13062 on: August 06, 2014, 05:14:59 PM »

My roommate finally moved out today. I am fucking glad he is gone. Now I don't need to wonder every day if something else will be stolen. Even if it wasnt him that stole it, he was not responsible enough.

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13063 on: August 06, 2014, 10:04:50 PM »

My roommate finally moved out today. I am fucking glad he is gone. Now I don't need to wonder every day if something else will be stolen. Even if it wasnt him that stole it, he was not responsible enough.
Did you get any news/a resolution to the stolen items?

TASTY!
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13064 on: August 06, 2014, 11:14:51 PM »

This is my import game collection (anteater for scale).

I'm assuming Exile is the UK version since the seller was in the UK, and the CD32 never got a US release anyway so'p.

Not pictured is the redundant PC version of Layer Section I have. I should also note that my copies of Might and Magic 7, Crime Cities, Final Fantasy Legend 1, and Capitalism 2 were all purchased in Canada, although that doesn't count obviously.

o/` I do not dream o/`

Pages: 1 ... 869 870 [871] 872 873 ... 889 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: