Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 18, 2014, 09:42:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331572 Posts in 13575 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  What's the haps?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 871 872 [873] 874 875 ... 885 Print
Author Topic: What's the haps?  (Read 687397 times)
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13080 on: August 10, 2014, 12:43:07 PM »

Oh no!  I am sorry to hear about your mom, Neal.   I'm not very athletic but if they have a Parkinson's walk/run, I will participate in your mom's honor since you so kindly biked for mine.

Well last week was a week of dr's visits.  I was so focused on my mom and dog I forgot about my appointment until they called me (I'm fine).  So my mom got her port in and she starts chemo Monday.  I am taking off work so I can be there.  She is getting 3 rounds, each lasting 21 days.  Then she will rest and have the surgery, rest again and do 3 more rounds of chemo.  She is getting chemo first in order to shrink the tumor before surgery.  Since she is getting chemo first, she doesn't get radiation.  They had wanted to do it first but the surgeon nixed that due to radiation causing a high leak rate.  Anyways she will be getting 3 drugs, one of the drugs she has to get continuously and carry around in a pack.  Due to her getting lots of fluids along with the drugs, it will be an all day thing.
My mom is strong so I am sure she can kick cancer's ass.  I am just concerned about her losing weight.  I've been taking her out in order to get some great food and fatten her up, but all I did was fatten me up.  She still weighs 95 lbs and has no buffer weight to lose.

On a high note, my brother had a healthy baby boy Friday.  He named him Hikaru after Sulu from Star Trek.  I told my bf I will follow suit and name our future kid Data.

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13081 on: August 10, 2014, 06:50:02 PM »

If your sig other doesn't like that idea then I'm your huckleberry.

Hikaru is a rocking name. And it's amazing that Takei is arguably more popular now as a facebook celebrity.
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #13082 on: August 10, 2014, 08:48:18 PM »

Just found out the .Hack//Legend of the Twilight box set is selling in most places for over $100. Really wishing I had had money and was as into collecting the franchise as I am now back when it was still in print.

My incredibly adorable avatar was provided by our one and only Dice!
Dincrest
A-class rider (in training)
RPGFan Editor

I smile when I climb

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13083 on: August 10, 2014, 09:17:02 PM »

Thanks for all the kind words and support, everyone.  I want to jump through the computer and give all of you a hug.  And super thanks to the 'fanners supporting the bike-a-thon I mentioned on the previous page.  It means a lot, words can't describe.  

I'm already planning out my bike-a-thon schedule for 2015.  I want to make the Cancer Ride I did back in July an annual thing (I rode this one with my coworker who's a survivor), the Parkinson's ride an annual thing (for my mom and my late uncle), and I want to do the Tour de Cure for Diabetes annually for my dad (and various other family; diabetes runs in my family.)

In other news, the band just got back from playing Nikstock 2, and it was a good time.  The road's been pretty rough on the band this summer and we're actually looking forward to recording in the studio now because we're burning out from touring.  One of our guitarists is a new dad, so he's on "paternity leave" from the band (thankfully we have a second guitarist now who's earned his wings flying solo), but he's itching to play shows again.  
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 10:31:56 PM by Dincrest » Logged

Next bike-a-thon: PD500 Rock 'n Roll ride (to benefit Parkinson's Disease) October 5, 2014
Wild Armor
Observer

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #13084 on: August 10, 2014, 11:31:11 PM »

Just found out the .Hack//Legend of the Twilight box set is selling in most places for over $100. Really wishing I had had money and was as into collecting the franchise as I am now back when it was still in print.

I'm assuming you mean the DVD collection? never watched it, but I do own the manga. I'm going through the same with the original .hack//series game. I picked up infection for dirt cheap, but I don't want to drop much for Quarantine. I dare not touch GU. I can live without playing the GU series.

Also, I was promoted not too long ago to supervisor at my job. Lots of fun.

Avatar Author's sig: Let me know if you know this author. :)
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13085 on: August 11, 2014, 12:36:57 AM »

1. In particular what Sigur Ros' music reminds me of above all else is the way my dad's car smelled (it smelled hot and syrupy) during the summer of 2004.

2. In retrospect I was involved in some rather illegal stuff between the ages of 12 and 22. Oh welpers.

3. I never realized Sakimoto did the music for Radiant Silvergun. That explains why it sounds like the FFT soundtrack.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13086 on: August 11, 2014, 02:16:11 AM »

I'm already planning out my bike-a-thon schedule for 2015.  I want to make the Cancer Ride I did back in July an annual thing (I rode this one with my coworker who's a survivor), the Parkinson's ride an annual thing (for my mom and my uncle), and I want to do the Tour de Cure for Diabetes annually for my dad (and various other family; diabetes runs in my family.)

Is it weird that this is the first time I really heard about tours like this? From what I know, most in the Netherlands are for fun or sports. I know trendy cyclists do tours in an exotic locations for a good cause, but that's like a morally superiour version of an active vacation... Not that I think it's wrong for them to participate in things like that, but you know, why does it have to be so fancy?
Dincrest
RPGFan Editor

I smile when I climb

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13087 on: August 11, 2014, 09:22:39 AM »

Tomara, I wonder if that's perhaps due to the differences in cycling culture in EU vs US.  In EU, riding bicycles for daily use is common and you'd probably be a weirdo if you didn't have a bicycle or two in your garage.  So the fancy-ball rides entice those who want to make an ordinary activity extraordinary.  In the US, it's car-culture and we cyclists are seen as pesky flies, so being able to ride where at least the parade run (the first 2km or so of a race or ride) has roads closed off for us (it was magical riding among thousands of cyclists across the Ben Franklin bridge in Philly to kick off the ride).  For that brief moment, the roads are ours.  And I like how a lot of rides around me go into rural areas so it's like "tour de farmland" and it's like hidden treasures in New Jersey (a place that has a crappy pop-culture reputation.)

Next bike-a-thon: PD500 Rock 'n Roll ride (to benefit Parkinson's Disease) October 5, 2014
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13088 on: August 11, 2014, 11:14:38 AM »

I don't know about EU or US, but here in Montreal, cycling is really dangerous. It's not even a choice of do I want to cycle or not, it's I don't cycle because I don't want to get hurt/killed.
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13089 on: August 11, 2014, 12:20:30 PM »

Tomara, I wonder if that's perhaps due to the differences in cycling culture in EU vs US.  In EU, riding bicycles for daily use is common and you'd probably be a weirdo if you didn't have a bicycle or two in your garage.  So the fancy-ball rides entice those who want to make an ordinary activity extraordinary.  In the US, it's car-culture and we cyclists are seen as pesky flies, so being able to ride where at least the parade run (the first 2km or so of a race or ride) has roads closed off for us (it was magical riding among thousands of cyclists across the Ben Franklin bridge in Philly to kick off the ride).  For that brief moment, the roads are ours.  And I like how a lot of rides around me go into rural areas so it's like "tour de farmland" and it's like hidden treasures in New Jersey (a place that has a crappy pop-culture reputation.)

That makes sense. I can imagine our country gets rather boring once you've done the major routes. Even Dutch families who go on bicycle vacations often prefer countries like France and Germany. And I guess that if you're going something for a good cause, you'll get more attention if you do it somewhere extra special.

I imagine an American tour is more like our wandelvierdaagsen (marches spread out over four days) but one day long and with bicycles.

(Still, if I were to cycle long distances, I'd prefer to do so in the Netherlands. This country is so nice and flat! Makes things a lot easier. Why yes, I'm kind of lazy, thanks for asking :D )
Dincrest
RPGFan Editor

I smile when I climb

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13090 on: August 11, 2014, 01:07:02 PM »

The ones I have planned out are 1 day events, but there are some that are multi-day.  The MS Tour-de-Shore (benefiting multiple sclerosis research and treatment) has several 1-day rides (ranging from 25-100 miles) and a couple of 2-day ones (75 or 100 miles per day).  There is also one I saw ads for during Tour de France called Ride for Victory that's a 2 day ride (75 miles/day) benefiting cancer research and treatment.

As far as cycling goes, I prefer hills and slopes.  Flats bore me and I'm not very skilled with sprinting on flats.  Climbs are more exciting and I'm actually a somewhat competent climber. 

Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #13091 on: August 11, 2014, 05:23:13 PM »

Rough day today. Getting ready to move, though not very far so that part isn't really a big deal. But today I was cleaning stuff out and came across all the cards, notes, and pictures from an ex-girlfriend of mine of three years--whom I've actually been thinking about recently. Decided to throw them out, but it was not an easy thing to do. She was pretty much the only person I've ever felt genuine affection towards.

My incredibly adorable avatar was provided by our one and only Dice!
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13092 on: August 11, 2014, 07:11:33 PM »

Fucking hell I was just watching Jumanji on Saturday even.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 07:16:18 PM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Dincrest
RPGFan Editor

I smile when I climb

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13093 on: August 12, 2014, 02:59:46 PM »

Haps?  Along with everything else happening (both positive and negative), I'm wrestling with a hefty decision about my own life's trajectory.  I don't want to get into details, especially on a public forum.  Not yet at least.

I had this feeling that 2014 would be a year of change, upheaval, and a lot of big things happening, and that's how it's been.  
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 03:13:24 PM by Dincrest » Logged

Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13094 on: August 12, 2014, 09:44:27 PM »

I got the offer for the diminished value on my car. I am not unhappy with it.

My uncle committed suicide on Saturday. I am unhappy with it.

Have this week off for vacation, but get 3 days of it back since i can use bereavement. I am not unhappy with it.

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Pages: 1 ... 871 872 [873] 874 875 ... 885 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: