Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 23, 2014, 05:02:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338003 Posts in 13838 Topics by 2212 Members
Latest Member: WhiteWishes
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  What's the haps?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 872 873 [874] 875 876 ... 908 Print
Author Topic: What's the haps?  (Read 738570 times)
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13095 on: August 13, 2014, 04:44:53 AM »

Sorry about your uncle. Losing family sucks, under any circumstances. :/

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13096 on: August 13, 2014, 09:16:11 AM »

Sorry to hear about your uncle Dagg.  It's one thing if someone dies from illness or age, but suicide- that's a whole different set of "feelz."  Hang tough, buddy.

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13097 on: August 13, 2014, 09:48:36 AM »

I posted this on FB this morning:
Aauugghh! It's driving me nuts. People trotting out the ridiculous "rule of three" now that Lauren Bacall has died a day after Robin Williams. I'm seeing it mentioned all over the place. Think for just a second about this supposed "rule". Where would it come from? Why would it happen? How would it even be possible? Things do not happen in threes. People do not die in threes. People die by the thousands every day! It's all just silly superstition, and humans trying to make sense of things they don't understand. Some days I truly do feel embarrassed for the human race.

Playing: DA: Inquisition
Reading: A Canticle for Leibowitz
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #13098 on: August 13, 2014, 10:59:38 AM »

It's mental conditioning.

In order to store and recall information quickly, the human brain is conditioned to recognize patterns and store information in relation to those patterns. Any information that is not important and does not fit established patterns, is usually ignored. Or at least is not as readily recalled.
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13099 on: August 13, 2014, 11:44:42 AM »

Sorry to hear about your uncle Dagg.  It's one thing if someone dies from illness or age, but suicide- that's a whole different set of "feelz."  Hang tough, buddy.

I am not unsurprised by his choice. He didn't show the "warning signs" or leave a note, but he was in so much pain from having most of his back fused and several other surgeries. So it just doesn't surprise me overly much. There are a lot of people that were closer to him that are surprised, and I guess it's because of the lack of close emotional attachment that allows me to see what they don't. He was my favorite uncle. The only one that I ever saw regularly. It is hard, but I am comforted that he is no longer in pain. My mom is not doing well with it.

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13100 on: August 13, 2014, 04:37:41 PM »

Aauugghh! It's driving me nuts. People trotting out the ridiculous "rule of three" now that Lauren Bacall has died a day after Robin Williams. I'm seeing it mentioned all over the place. Think for just a second about this supposed "rule". Where would it come from? Why would it happen? How would it even be possible? Things do not happen in threes. People do not die in threes. People die by the thousands every day! It's all just silly superstition, and humans trying to make sense of things they don't understand. Some days I truly do feel embarrassed for the human race.

And if you look at history, in all kinds of cultural and religious symbolism, the number 3 has always held some kind of mysticism.  Whether it be the holy trinity of Christianity, the Trimurti in Hinduism, the use of triangles (like in pyramids) all that stuff.   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3_(number)

Somehow the number 3 is hardwired into the basic human psyche.  How else do you explain that the number 3 holds significance in pretty much every continent?  Yeah, perhaps 3 is just a number, but the history surrounding that number is pretty fascinating.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2014, 07:33:03 PM by Dincrest » Logged

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13101 on: August 13, 2014, 07:31:20 PM »

It's mental conditioning.

In order to store and recall information quickly, the human brain is conditioned to recognize patterns and store information in relation to those patterns. Any information that is not important and does not fit established patterns, is usually ignored. Or at least is not as readily recalled.

And if you look at history, in all kinds of cultural and religious symbolism, the number 3 has always held some kind of mysticism.  Whether it be the holy trinity of Christianity, the Trimurti in Hinduism, the use of triangles (like in pyramids) all that stuff.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3_(number)

Somehow the number 3 is hardwired into the basic human psyche.  How else do you explain that the number 3 holds significance in pretty much every continent?  Yeah, perhaps 3 is just a number, but the history surrounding that number is pretty fascinating.

Also every number is divisible by another number that equals three, so no matter how many people die, they die in groups of three.

... I should buy a donkey.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2014, 07:37:17 PM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13102 on: August 13, 2014, 07:37:33 PM »

Also every number is divisible by another number that equals three, so no matter how many people die, they die in groups of three.

Except zero.
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13103 on: August 13, 2014, 08:17:13 PM »

Anyone have advice on seeking work in another city prior to actually moving there?
« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 09:23:57 PM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not dream o/`

Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13104 on: August 14, 2014, 10:01:05 PM »

Anyone have advice on seeking work in another city prior to actually moving there?

Monster, Career Builder, or craigslist

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13105 on: August 15, 2014, 12:07:45 PM »

Kick open the doors and murder the top CEO just to let everyone know you mean business.

Getting nude pictures of people for blackmail works too.
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13106 on: August 15, 2014, 07:16:17 PM »

Yeeeeah about that

I'm not planning on blackmailing you Yoda, so you can stop sending me those kthx :(

o/` I do not dream o/`

Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #13107 on: August 15, 2014, 07:30:39 PM »

Yeeeeah about that

I'm not planning on blackmailing you Yoda, so you can stop sending me those kthx :(

...*sniff*.  Um
Code:
wanna forward those

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13108 on: August 15, 2014, 08:18:12 PM »

Yeeeeah about that

...*sniff*.  Um
Code:
wanna forward those

o/` I do not dream o/`

Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13109 on: August 15, 2014, 08:40:39 PM »

I have to agree with Mesh here.
Nobody wants to see a 900-year-old willy.
Pages: 1 ... 872 873 [874] 875 876 ... 908 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: