Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 20, 2014, 08:09:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
341091 Posts in 13940 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  What's the haps?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 874 875 [876] 877 878 ... 923 Print
Author Topic: What's the haps?  (Read 762263 times)
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13125 on: August 20, 2014, 09:23:50 AM »

I was off work yesterday due to my wife having knee surgery. She's stubborn, and hates asking for help, so the next 4-6 weeks should be fun.

My son started 8th grade on Monday. How the HELL did that happen? Makes me feel old.

Playing: DA: Inquisition
Reading: Mistbron#3: Hero of Ages
OrsonFury

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #13126 on: August 20, 2014, 10:57:41 AM »

I was off work yesterday due to my wife having knee surgery. She's stubborn, and hates asking for help, so the next 4-6 weeks should be fun.

My son started 8th grade on Monday. How the HELL did that happen? Makes me feel old.

Ouch, have fun with that. My wife spent the summer at physical therapy twice a week to fix her broken lower back. I'm not sure if it was the sciatic nerve, but the lower back injury caused by landing on her foot awkwardly traveled up her IT band to her lower back where the pain swelled. Next week she'll finally start PT recovery once a week (down from twice a week), but her modus operandi has been stretching and doing resistance band exercises 15 mins before bed followed by an ice pack for 15 mins every night. I've had to do all the muscle work (which is fine being a guy). Patience, smile and empathy will go a long way and maybe some laughter together when your wife starts to feel over the recovery. Good luck!

Thanks for empathy guys on my thumbnail. It's not completely coated black, just a bit in the middle, so there's a chance I won't lose the nail or have to pop it, but we'll see. Hopefully the swelling will ease and the thumbnail will heal on its own. Cheers!

Playing: SMTIV (3DS).
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13127 on: August 20, 2014, 10:58:32 AM »

So I was trying to list things in my head of the next few things I gotta do, but when I tried to talk them out, this was what came out:

"Okay, so now I gotta take off my pants...."

I believe I was trying to say "I gotta put the dog away". I don't think those who things are related. In fact, I don't think it was even on the list of things to do at all.

This is why I don't talk to people. My mouth has a mind of its own.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13128 on: August 20, 2014, 11:10:25 AM »

My fingers are like that when I'm typing. It's like there's a weird autocorrect in my head.
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13129 on: August 20, 2014, 11:38:24 AM »

I'm a pretty fast touch-typist, but I always have to stop and think when I type bureaucracy because I naturally type bureaucrazy. 

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
Darilon
Level 5 Spoony Bard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #13130 on: August 20, 2014, 12:04:17 PM »

Took a Reasoning Test for a job I was interested in. It was basically math, basic physics and pattern puzzles. There were about twenty of us there taking it but I am sure there were a lot more taking it throughout the week. I think it went pretty good. Well enough that I got called for an interview anyway. I think I got all but one question correct which is good since my previous work experience is pretty shite compared to a lot of the other people applying but hopefully the interview goes well.

I went into the Reasoning Test with a grey shirt and jeans which was actually overkill with how everyone else was dressed. Still, I think I will wear a suit to the interview. That said, I fucking love suits. They basically suit hur hur hur everyone. I can't think of anyone who looks bad in a normal suit. I am also thinking on whether to go clean shaven or with a neatly trimmed beard. Normally I would say that it is common sense to go to an interview clean shaven but I am like fifteen to twenty years younger than everyone else applying for the job. Wondering if I should play it safe and go clean shaven or risk looking like a hipster/homeless man in an attempt to look more mature.

MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13131 on: August 20, 2014, 07:58:44 PM »

I'm a pretty fast touch-typist, but I always have to stop and think when I type bureaucracy because I naturally type bureaucrazy. 

See I was reading that and my first thought was that you misspelled "because" as "bureaucracy".

@ Darilon:

Go in clean-shaven. Younger people are more obedient and easy to train than older people ergo more likely to be hired.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13132 on: August 21, 2014, 01:32:45 PM »

I shaved my beard for the first time in years. It made me look young and it also made my chin cold. I don't like it.

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13133 on: August 22, 2014, 12:58:38 AM »

work...wow...that is all for now...

Everything's Eventual
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13134 on: August 23, 2014, 04:05:30 AM »

3. Current mood: Let's pretend I just drank too much mate and shook it off by listening to Newsom and painting. It is 4:06AM. The ice fear is strong.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 05:34:52 AM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not dream o/`

Wild Armor
Observer
Contributing Editor

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #13135 on: August 25, 2014, 09:02:36 AM »

Last couple of weeks have been a little stressful at work. We've had a great deal of thefts at our store and we have a good idea on some of the people who are stealing (while knowing who exactly is through cameras). I know half of them are highschool student who are making it a sport out of stealing from us (they laugh and treat it as a some kind of game!). The other half are shameless individuals that have nothing better to do.

Generally I focus completely on customer service, but after pulling over $80-$100 worth of pilfrage (this is a single day, which is terrible for a small store like us), I felt that I needed to shift a little more of that attention to theft detection (while still giving it my all to customer service).

Last week was a bad week for thieves.

The rest of this semester will be bad for thieves.

w̴͔̣̪͚̘̘̹̰̺̯̥e̷̡͈͖̼͉̟̬͍͚̯̥͕̻͓͖̣̞͎ ̶̹̱̪͕̯̦a̵̭̼r̸̢̧̪̠͉̥̬͓͍̰͎͜ͅę̸̡̧̨̖̦̲̲͔̥͉͇̱͚̝̠͉̖̰̣̘̼̦̼̙̪̗̻͉͈͖͍͜ ̴̢͈̟͇͖̭͔̫w̸̢̡̨̞͎̺͉̮̯̥͓̱̞̜̯̲̰ą̶̡̳̜ţ̷̳̲̼̻̳̲̫̮̰̲͚͚̦̭͕͍̹͎̱̬̗͕̮̫̪͜͜ç̸̹̪͇̦̹ḫ̷̡̣͈͇̪̦̜̬͙̲̮͉̪̟̭̖͈̫̭̺̱̺̬̰̥͍̤̻̝͇̰̠͕͜͜i̷̢̨̢̹̹̪͕̪̬̦̻̗̲̳̪̺̥͎̗͉̼̬̘̦̟̱͍̖͍̺͈͜͜n̷̨̺g̵̖̲̫͓
 ̷̪̖̗̣̩̦̟͓̪̤̝͉͕̆̊̈́̌̈́͛̀̎̾͂̇̀͋̌́͑̑̿͒̿͑̒̔̈́͘̕͝͠ͅ

Avatar Author's sig: Let me know if you know this author. :)
Annubis

ee yan~☆

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13136 on: August 26, 2014, 05:04:00 PM »

Part of my job is to offer support to users. We give great support for our system (and we're only 2 people doing it)
Most issues are fixed within 24 hours and we offer direct support and Skype sessions on request for bigger issues.

Today I had to call another company for their support on a software we use.
I got forwarded to some shitty call center in a 3rd world country with phone lines made of paper-maché and people who learned English on cereal boxes.

It pisses me off so much that I bust my ass to solve people's problems and yet, apparently the rest of the world doesn't do shit to help and flips the finger.
(this is paid support too, 10,000$ a year)
« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 05:59:45 PM by Annubis » Logged
glassjawsh
insolent cur

corn is no place for a mighty warrior

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #13137 on: August 26, 2014, 05:18:06 PM »

I'm a public services librarian at Indianapolis Marion County Public Library.  Saturday night I went out with two of my colleagues to celebrate a promotion.  Things got a little out of hand and I ended up with a 140 dollar bar tab and in someone's basement arguing in favor of child abuse (YOU GOTTA SMACK THOSE LITTLE BASTARDS OR THEY"LL NEVER HESPECT YOU!!)  Sunday my body was in revolt.

Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13138 on: August 27, 2014, 03:00:28 PM »

Doing some reading, then going to work for a brief meeting. After a few chores I'm off until Sat. I'm going to stay up all night and beat the fuck out of Dark Souls 2.
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13139 on: August 27, 2014, 07:26:56 PM »

Went on /team lunch/ with my coworkers. Had this conversation with one of them in the car:

<Coworker> So what are your plans for marriage? <Me> No? <Coworker> Any future plans? <Me> No..? <Coworker> Any distant future plans? <Me> No. <Coworker> Do you live with your parents?

Besides that, not a word of English was spoken the entire time.

--- edit ---

http://www.10tv.com/content/stories/2014/08/27/columbus-north-high-street-robbery.html <- Also I think this might be the guy that coerced me into buying him 50 dollars worth of booze around New Years. And this is the exact same area where he went after me, so.

I'd totally tell the police department except A) I'm not totally confident because there ARE a lot of homeless black dudes with missing teeth around here. and B) The only thing I know about him is some probably bullshitted story about him being a veteran.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 11:30:38 PM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not dream o/`

Pages: 1 ... 874 875 [876] 877 878 ... 923 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: