Author Topic: Whats the haps?

zergrav

• Software Artist
    • View Profile
Re: What's the haps?
« Reply #14355 on: April 10, 2015, 09:47:35 AM »
That wasn't  Εά ςΡσŕΤζ was it?(safe from "big brother" this way)
If its who I think you're stating, then no.  I came from them.  Kinda want to go back.

You came from ÈÄ ЅΡθЯтѕ _AND_ you want to go back? Working for them was an absolute nightmare, for me, at least.

When unrealistic solutions are required, reach into your satchel of Black Magic and make it a reality :)

Yoda

• Fear is the Mind Killer
  • Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light
    • View Profile
« Reply #14356 on: April 10, 2015, 11:41:22 AM »
any tips on taxes?

I've had a ton of family shit going on, then took a vacation and now smoke is coming out of my ears.

I usually have someone do them but last time he charged me 120 bucks

Are your particular taxes too complicated to do yourself online (Legitimate question - Not trying to make any implications or insults.)? The reason I ask is that even complex taxes can be done and filed online for much cheaper than $120/yr. You may even qualify for a free file service, if you don't make a ton of money yourself. I recommend H&R or 1040.com either way, if you decide to go that route.
Even if you'd rather not do them online, $120 is much cheaper than what one could owe the feds if taxes are done incorrectly (Again, making no implications. Speaking from experience).

I did mine online and it was easy. But the thing says I'm owed around 200 from the state. Now that's weird because in all my years working I've never been owed that much by the state. Usually I get something like 20cents back or I owe them 14 bux.

Rucks

• RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Salvum est Vita!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14357 on: April 10, 2015, 11:48:27 AM »
any tips on taxes?

I've had a ton of family shit going on, then took a vacation and now smoke is coming out of my ears.

I usually have someone do them but last time he charged me 120 bucks

Are your particular taxes too complicated to do yourself online (Legitimate question - Not trying to make any implications or insults.)? The reason I ask is that even complex taxes can be done and filed online for much cheaper than $120/yr. You may even qualify for a free file service, if you don't make a ton of money yourself. I recommend H&R or 1040.com either way, if you decide to go that route.
Even if you'd rather not do them online, $120 is much cheaper than what one could owe the feds if taxes are done incorrectly (Again, making no implications. Speaking from experience).

I did mine online and it was easy. But the thing says I'm owed around 200 from the state. Now that's weird because in all my years working I've never been owed that much by the state. Usually I get something like 20cents back or I owe them 14 bux.

Not sure if this applies to you, BUT a few years ago the property tax laws in my state changed pretty drastically.  Everyone lost their shit and ended up owing hundreds more than normal.

It's probably not exactly that, but maybe something similar in that the tax laws probably changed.

"This goes way beyond pumpkin spice" "Whale oil beef hooked"

MeshGearFox

• HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14358 on: April 11, 2015, 02:16:43 AM »
Remember kids, every time you smile, your teeth are just pieces of your skull that have escaped the tyranny of flesh.
o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Logick

• View Profile
« Reply #14359 on: April 11, 2015, 02:32:43 AM »
That wasn't  Εά ςΡσŕΤζ was it?(safe from "big brother" this way)
If its who I think you're stating, then no.  I came from them.  Kinda want to go back.

You came from ÈÄ ЅΡθЯтѕ _AND_ you want to go back? Working for them was an absolute nightmare, for me, at least.

My bad I was part of another division of them, a historic game studio they shut down in early march.  I honestly loved it there.  Sucks seeing people who have been there since the mid 90's get let go. 

Also accepted #2
« Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 02:37:34 AM by Logick »
"If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing."
~Malcolm X

Dincrest

• RPGFan Editor
    • View Profile
    • RPGFan
« Reply #14360 on: April 11, 2015, 07:00:14 AM »
Fare thee well, Logick.  

And Mesh- I LOVE that quote.  So stealing it for a Facebook status update. 
You can brag about your 5000+ friends on social media all you want, but riddle me this: how many of them would help you move?

Alisha

• View Profile
« Reply #14361 on: April 12, 2015, 04:58:19 AM »
ive noticed a sharp increase of the following behaviour:
person A annoys me
i call out person A for thier annoying behaviour
a day or two later person A comes looking for me acting super friendly.

soooo either theres an epidemic of submissives in younger generations,or theres something going on at the parental level that isnt what it should be. like these people desperately want someone to tell them no and set boundries but it's not happening where it should be.(home/school) maybe i can use this knowledge to find a career path?

Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #14362 on: April 12, 2015, 05:57:05 AM »
Are they kinda hitting on you because thunderes are totally their type? I've had that happen to me. So weird.

The other reaction I tend to get is crying. One editor-in-chief will come up with excuses not to have me talk to people because she's afraid they'll have a bad reaction to my no-nonsense attitude.

ZeronHitaro

• View Profile
« Reply #14363 on: April 12, 2015, 06:35:49 AM »
That's...not really a new thing. As far as I've been alive that's standard Two-Faced American social behavior. XP (Not trying to be too broad with that stroke but since I haven't knowledge of any other cultures I can only slap my own label on it. And it really is that common.)

Never really understood why that type of sycophantic behavior is so prevalent outside of corporate ladder climbing. People seem to think that's the default method for friendship interactions. Then again...I honestly think society has no idea what the word means.

Dincrest

• RPGFan Editor
    • View Profile
    • RPGFan
« Reply #14364 on: April 12, 2015, 07:24:35 AM »
ive noticed a sharp increase of the following behaviour:
person A annoys me
i call out person A for thier annoying behaviour
a day or two later person A comes looking for me acting super friendly.

soooo either theres an epidemic of submissives in younger generations,or theres something going on at the parental level that isnt what it should be. like these people desperately want someone to tell them no and set boundries but it's not happening where it should be.(home/school) maybe i can use this knowledge to find a career path?

Are these boys or girls?  Because if it's a girl, who's to say she's not trying the "mean girl" tactic on you?  The whole grinning "Oh, I really LOOOOVE you" to your face, then scowl off the side and mutter "bitch..."  That two-faced thing like Zeron says. 

If it's guys, then it could go one of two ways.  Either it's typical guy behavior in that we fight it out, then after we've sparred we're cool and make amends.  Or if it's a guy acting like a "mean girl" then he needs to quit being a little bitch and grow a pair. 
You can brag about your 5000+ friends on social media all you want, but riddle me this: how many of them would help you move?

Rucks

• RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Salvum est Vita!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14365 on: April 12, 2015, 11:29:33 AM »

If it's guys, then it could go one of two ways.  Either it's typical guy behavior in that we fight it out, then after we've sparred we're cool and make amends.  Or if it's a guy acting like a "mean girl" then he needs to quit being a little bitch and grow a pair. 

Could not have said this any better.  You nailed it Dincrest.
I question if Alisha fully understands the "slug it out and forget it" nature of many American males.

note: slug it out doesn't always means physical violence (in fact it very rarely does outside of the, even worse to deal with, American Meathead group), but it is a fact that most of us are hard wired to let out small bursts of steam at regular intervals in order that we can return to normal.

now onto the haps.  I submit to you all:

Homo Sapiens, as a species, have existed for over 200,000 years. Our jaws and teeth have been anatomically the same as they are now for much longer. So, you'd figure, that maybe the bone structure and muscles in my face might have had enough time to evolve in order so that I might avoid biting my lip every other god damn day...

« Last Edit: April 12, 2015, 11:32:07 AM by glassjawsh »

"This goes way beyond pumpkin spice" "Whale oil beef hooked"

Dincrest

• RPGFan Editor
    • View Profile
    • RPGFan
« Reply #14366 on: April 12, 2015, 12:01:29 PM »
If you subscribe to the ancient aliens theory, it is said that our hypothetical alien ancestors likely came from a planet with lower gravity because, let's face it, it takes effort to sit/stand up straight and maintain good posture.  We almost naturally slouch.  Meaning that the human spine is not quite designed right. 

Mickeymac92

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #14367 on: April 12, 2015, 01:06:00 PM »
If you subscribe to the ancient aliens theory, it is said that our hypothetical alien ancestors likely came from a planet with lower gravity because, let's face it, it takes effort to sit/stand up straight and maintain good posture.  We almost naturally slouch.  Meaning that the human spine is not quite designed right. 

...or maybe it's because our ancestors were monkeys, where slouching is more or less their natural posture. :P

MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!
I Draw Stuff Sometimes

Dincrest

• RPGFan Editor
    • View Profile
    • RPGFan
« Reply #14368 on: April 12, 2015, 02:05:32 PM »
But how did apes evolve into humans?  Did aliens mate with apes to create the hybrids that we are?  Were apes exposed to Lavos (as they say in Chrono Cross) that triggered evolution?  42? 

I don't deny that apes are a part of our ancestry.  We share, what, ninety-something percent of our DNA with chimps?  But then again, don't we also share seventy-something percent of our DNA with dogs?  And we're probably related to rats too- after all, rats' nutritional needs are practically the same as humans which is why they thrive in man-made environments (e.g. cities) eating our garbage whereas other species died off.  

If you look at anthropological journals in college research libraries, you can find tons of research studies from both perspective theories.  Some anthropologists believe we evolved from apes alone and others believe that there is a "missing link."  

I'm not willing to bet my life savings on any one theory being the ultimate truth, you know?  
« Last Edit: April 12, 2015, 02:09:16 PM by Dincrest »

MeshGearFox

• HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14369 on: April 12, 2015, 02:25:26 PM »
Were apes exposed to Lavos (as they say in Chrono Cross) that triggered evolution?

I thought that was in CT. And then Lavos only did that so he could feed off of them anyway so I mean IMPLICATIONS.
o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`