Author Topic: Whats the haps?

EmeraldSword

• View Profile
Re: What's the haps?
« Reply #15060 on: August 07, 2015, 02:43:55 PM »
Hmm... wondering whether or not to upgrade to Windows 10 or wait.

MeshGearFox

• HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15061 on: August 08, 2015, 02:50:51 AM »
Trying to clean up stray pixels in a thing I was drawing but I got eyestrain and now my vision's even /more/ staticy than usual so yeah this ain't happening.

On the plus side, my walls look cool as hell right now.
o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Starmongoose

• Forum Moderator
  • Contributing Editor
  • I Mean Bismuth
    • View Profile
« Reply #15062 on: August 08, 2015, 07:14:17 AM »
Making chicken tikka masala for dinner tonight, so naturally my nails are now yellow thanks to our friend tumeric. I look like I smoke a pack a day.

Penguin Boss Demands You Join Our Discord!

CLICK HERE TO BE TAKEN TO THE RPGFAN DISCORD

Daggerstrike

• Rainbow Club Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #15063 on: August 08, 2015, 12:57:34 PM »
Hmm... wondering whether or not to upgrade to Windows 10 or wait.

If you are using Windows 8/8.1 then yes. Upgrade. If you are using 7 then you can wait.

Windows 10 fixes a lot of issues of 8 by basically making it into a hybrid of 8 and 7.
All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.

Klutz64

• I Like Wacky Hats
  • May Your Heart be Your Guiding Key
    • View Profile
« Reply #15064 on: August 08, 2015, 03:57:10 PM »
Why on earth are hardwood floors so popular lately? What kind of masochist prefers to wake up to cold, creaky floors over soft, springy floors? This whole form over function thing some people are obsessed with really grinds my gears.

On a completely unrelated note, I am now in my new home surrounded by boxes. And yes, there are hardwood floor -_-

Dincrest

• RPGFan Editor
    • View Profile
    • RPGFan
« Reply #15065 on: August 08, 2015, 04:20:18 PM »
I like hardwood floors because they're easy to clean, especially in rooms like the kitchen.  But I like carpets in the bedrooms because cold floors first thing in the morning are not pleasant.  

As for haps, without mentioning any names, ever have those times when you admire someone famous or semi-famous but when you encounter them in real life, they're kinda crap or not as cool as you thought?  

I really lost respect for a musician I liked at a camping festival this summer.  I liked his band when I was younger.  I thought his music was a cut above the gargle-bucket the radio was feeding us at the time. 

He was on stage chest-puffing a big game about "be a real man" and "don't be an entitled little bitch" yet off stage, he was acting like an entitled little bitch.  This man-diva was complaining about the heat, going "eww" about camping like it was beneath him or something (he took a hotel room near the campgrounds, whereas all the other bands camped out), and people overheard him being a priss with sand up his mangina and were all like "what a douche.  I used to like his music."  Hypocrite, I say.  And I'm thinking, "Aren't you supposed to be a touring musician?  Didn't you have struggle days when you were on the road and had to sleep in the van or worse?  You aren't hardcore you sorry piece of trash.  You're about as metal as my childhood teddy bear."  

Don't get me wrong, I like creature comforts as much as the next person and I don't claim to be a rugged beast-man, but I remember days playing in a punk band where a venue with a working toilet was like the Ritz-Carlton.  I've peed on many walls and behind many dumpsters (froze my giblets off in the winter).  I've played basements with leaky pipes and ungodly stains all over the floor to kids who were stoked to see us.  

I can't stand those rock stars who posture like they're alpha-males but they're nothing but big spoiled sissies.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2015, 05:02:53 PM by Dincrest »
You can brag about your 5000+ friends on social media all you want, but riddle me this: how many of them would help you move?

Starmongoose

• Forum Moderator
  • Contributing Editor
  • I Mean Bismuth
    • View Profile
« Reply #15066 on: August 08, 2015, 05:02:59 PM »
My boyfriend is somehow resisting my insistence to covering every square inch of these hardwood floors in rugs.

I'm just not a fan.

Penguin Boss Demands You Join Our Discord!

CLICK HERE TO BE TAKEN TO THE RPGFAN DISCORD

Agent D.

• Agent Bewear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15067 on: August 08, 2015, 07:53:28 PM »
Guess it's mostly due to my bear-like qualities, but cold floors don't bug me. I usually sleep in boxers and maybe a t shirt all year round, even in the dead of winter so yeah, I may be nuts. I also have flintstone feet, so short of super hot sun baked concrete I can usually withstand anything. I regularly take my trash out barefoot in the snow in the winter.

TASTY!

Dice

• I'm fart and I'm smunny
  • AMG A GIRL
  • RPGFan and Dice forever...
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt site!  Come, stay, laugh, cry.
« Reply #15068 on: August 08, 2015, 08:06:03 PM »
Get a carpet on a hard wood floor.  Winwin. :P

Carpet, softer, warmer, but harder to clean.
Hard-wood is cleaner, easier to clean, cold. 
Damn.
http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!

Mickeymac92

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #15069 on: August 08, 2015, 09:01:52 PM »
Well, on Thursday my brother had an operation on his left hand.

Now today he broke a toe on his left foot.

....on the plus side, he now has plenty of excuses to not help the movers that are coming tomorrow. =P

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
I Draw Stuff Sometimes

Dice

• I'm fart and I'm smunny
  • AMG A GIRL
  • RPGFan and Dice forever...
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt site!  Come, stay, laugh, cry.
« Reply #15070 on: August 08, 2015, 09:43:51 PM »
^ Oh man, that's rough. xD
Best of luck to him and a quick recovery and...tell him to avoid walking under ladders and keep him from mirrors.
http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!

Klyde Chroma

• LVL. 99 - Midnight Crusader
    • View Profile
« Reply #15071 on: August 08, 2015, 10:47:28 PM »
Not the most elaborate work I've ever done, but totally cool enough for me to want to share.

This really pays homage to growing up as 90's child in America.

I present you "Petunia" (with a contemporary spin on her)

EDIT: From the show "pete and Pete" if anyone is not familiar
« Last Edit: August 08, 2015, 10:51:46 PM by Klyde Chroma »
I am more a battlefield than a Ninja.

Mickeymac92

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #15072 on: August 08, 2015, 11:50:00 PM »
^ Oh man, that's rough. xD
Best of luck to him and a quick recovery and...tell him to avoid walking under ladders and keep him from mirrors.

Will do, thanks. XP

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
I Draw Stuff Sometimes

Agent D.

• Agent Bewear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15073 on: August 09, 2015, 10:56:40 PM »
Man, I really hate how I find people on Okcupid who fucking gel so well with everything I love, and then I send them a message and they don't reply. I rarely message people just because I hate rejection, but I hate being left hanging. Makes me miserable, like  watching someone in agony and not being able to do anything. I understand that the ladies on these websites probably get a million messages with dick picks or lameass "wanna fuck" messages, but I mean, I have the same inbox they have, and no message I have ever sent started with Wanna or a question in general, and usually runs longer than 2 lines....

I would rather get slapped in the face for thinking I had a chance with a girl (their opinion) then get shot down politely, but I'd take either over being left hanging and waiting. Seriously, pain is easy and usually makes me angry and eager to do something (i.e. exercise), but fear from waiting is just sickening, it makes me not want to do anything. To every woman out there, please just fucking shoot a guy down if you aren't interested, they will always be upset, but far less than anything else you could do...or not do in my case.

TASTY!

Klutz64

• I Like Wacky Hats
  • May Your Heart be Your Guiding Key
    • View Profile
« Reply #15074 on: August 09, 2015, 11:28:52 PM »
Man, I really hate how I find people on Okcupid who fucking gel so well with everything I love, and then I send them a message and they don't reply. I rarely message people just because I hate rejection, but I hate being left hanging. Makes me miserable, like  watching someone in agony and not being able to do anything. I understand that the ladies on these websites probably get a million messages with dick picks or lameass "wanna fuck" messages, but I mean, I have the same inbox they have, and no message I have ever sent started with Wanna or a question in general, and usually runs longer than 2 lines....

I would rather get slapped in the face for thinking I had a chance with a girl (their opinion) then get shot down politely, but I'd take either over being left hanging and waiting. Seriously, pain is easy and usually makes me angry and eager to do something (i.e. exercise), but fear from waiting is just sickening, it makes me not want to do anything. To every woman out there, please just fucking shoot a guy down if you aren't interested, they will always be upset, but far less than anything else you could do...or not do in my case.

OKCupid is a perfect example of getting what you pay for.
--------------------------

I seem to be developing some kind of throat illness. Perfect condition for unpacking, ha ha ha.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2015, 11:38:40 PM by Klutz64 »