Author Topic: Whats the haps?  (Read 3735886 times)

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Computer Over. Virus = Very Yes.
    • View Profile
Re: What's the haps?
« Reply #16755 on: May 13, 2016, 11:26:33 AM »
LOL, I thought my intentional overreaction was large enough to be clearly comical.  Figured that was a more interesting post than "What on earth is absinthe ice cream?"
"You know, you're pretty cool too, Arvis.  You like good music, good games, and good tennis." - Divingfalcons

Kevadu

• Some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #16756 on: May 13, 2016, 12:03:14 PM »
Absinthe ice cream would be pretty awesome now that I think about it...

Agent D.

• Agent Bewear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16757 on: May 13, 2016, 01:47:08 PM »
LOL, I thought my intentional overreaction was large enough to be clearly comical.  Figured that was a more interesting post than "What on earth is absinthe ice cream?"
Yeah, and besides, he's a prude, not a saint, lol.

I'd try absinthe ice cream...doubt I'd like it though. Not big on alcohol flavor.

TASTY!

Dincrest

• RPGFan Editor
    • View Profile
    • RPGFan
« Reply #16758 on: May 13, 2016, 03:26:42 PM »
My first thought to Arvis was the "tomacco" episode of The Simpsons.
You can brag about your 5000+ friends on social media all you want, but riddle me this: how many of them would help you move?

MeshGearFox

• HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16759 on: May 13, 2016, 07:12:26 PM »
... So I realize that I'm in favor of gay marriage except I'm not actually in favor of marriage in general and nearly all of the gay guys I know don't have any interest in getting married.

oh welpers.

LOL, I thought my intentional overreaction was large enough to be clearly comical.  Figured that was a more interesting post than "What on earth is absinthe ice cream?"
Yeah, and besides, he's a prude, not a saint, lol.

I'd try absinthe ice cream...doubt I'd like it though. Not big on alcohol flavor.

The alcohol content in the ice cream is super low -- like, on par with vanilla extract. It's child-friendly. Mostly it just tastes like licorice.

[redacted]

Briefly considered giving modern gaming another shot and found this:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/375580/?snr=1_4_4__133

Steam is like wandering through that mall in the bad part of town, where the only stores still open are a GCN, Sbarros, Cindy's Wigs, another GCN, and hundreds of kiosks selling really off-model porcelain clocks based on whatever IP was popular five years ago.

... What was the word for IP before IP replaced it, anyway?

--

ffs people, disenfranchisement and disenchantment are different words.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2016, 11:49:34 PM by MeshGearFox »
o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #16760 on: May 14, 2016, 09:34:10 AM »
Things I learned today: write game titles in full or things will turn weird. "So you do Odin and I do Sophie?" was just the tip of the iceberg... The conversation ended when some editors started talking about having sex with their cross-dressing selves and making the ultimate babies, and the boss made everyone go back on topic.

RPGfan seems so normal now.

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #16761 on: May 15, 2016, 09:28:52 AM »
New one: the ice-cream was good. Didn't notice much of the brownies (I only found one chunk near the end of my portion) but salted caramel is the best.

Not so great: I was up late reading and fell asleep with my hair down, thinking "What's the worst that could happen?" I have regrets. My brush has regrets.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 02:54:00 AM by Tomara »

Daggerstrike

• Rainbow Club Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16762 on: May 17, 2016, 03:44:52 PM »
All of the permits came back to start the house. They will be clearing the land starting sometime this week. I have ordered a drone to take aerial photographs of the progress.
All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.

Klutz64

• I Like Wacky Hats
  • May Your Heart be Your Guiding Key
    • View Profile
« Reply #16763 on: May 17, 2016, 06:19:42 PM »
^Still jealous.
==============

I walked up to Walmart today and had to exchange my signature "I swear I'm not a stoner" look with the cashier as I paid for my taquitos and Mtn. Dew Code Black. I'm just a sucker for cheap junk food.

Artimicia

• Banninated
    • View Profile
« Reply #16764 on: May 17, 2016, 07:02:37 PM »
New one: the ice-cream was good. Didn't notice much of the brownies (I only found one chunk near the end of my portion) but salted caramel is the best.

Not so great: I was up late reading and fell asleep with my hair down, thinking "What's the worst that could happen?" I have regrets. My brush has regrets.

I had the Caramel Core flavor myself recently, pretty tasty!

"I don't live by labels, I can be anything I want, I'd rather die a pauper than live on as someone else's fantasy!" - My best attempt at quoting the protagonist of Vandal Hearts 2.

Agent D.

• Agent Bewear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16765 on: May 17, 2016, 09:26:49 PM »

I had the Caramel Core flavor myself recently, pretty tasty!

That caramel core ice cream is hands down my favorite dessert ever. I wanna dump a pint on it on a gigantic hot brownie and slather it in whip cream and oreo cookies.

I imagine this is how I will die.

TASTY!

Frostillicus

• View Profile
« Reply #16766 on: May 18, 2016, 09:11:21 AM »
^Still jealous.
==============

I walked up to Walmart today and had to exchange my signature "I swear I'm not a stoner" look with the cashier as I paid for my taquitos and Mtn. Dew Code Black. I'm just a sucker for cheap junk food.

They work at Wal Fart. Who cares what they think of you?
"Movies are better than people. You don't have to smell who you're watching." ~ Baby Cakes

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #16767 on: May 18, 2016, 10:12:48 AM »
If the work for Walmart, shouldn't you atleast allow them the illusion that the people they serve have an equally shitty life fueled by low expectations and calorie rich escapism?

Besides, considering what I've seen of Walmart online, it may not be an illusion...

Daggerstrike

• Rainbow Club Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16768 on: May 18, 2016, 10:38:23 AM »
If the work for Walmart, shouldn't you atleast allow them the illusion that the people they serve have an equally shitty life fueled by low expectations and calorie rich escapism?

Besides, considering what I've seen of Walmart online, it may not be an illusion...

I have never understood the stigma of working at Walmart or McDonalds. People assume that the people working there are shit. Why? Because they have jobs? Because they are just trying to make ends meet? Not everyone is qualified to do more. That doesn't make them shitty or mean they have a shitty life. Sometimes there are not a lot of jobs available and to provide for their family a person will take whatever they can get. Why denigrate them? Does it make people feel better to assume they are superior to someone with a "shitty" job? Without the people willing to work those jobs you wouldn't be able to cash out at your local store.
All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Computer Over. Virus = Very Yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16769 on: May 18, 2016, 10:45:26 AM »
Yeah, I try not to look down on people who work in any kind of retail/food service job.  Yeah, it sucks, yeah a lot of times those employees are rude and/or obviously don't care, but they're still people just doing what they can.  I am blessed to have never had a job like that, but minus a few circumstances and I'd be right there.
"You know, you're pretty cool too, Arvis.  You like good music, good games, and good tennis." - Divingfalcons