Author Topic: Whats the haps?  (Read 3736266 times)

Tomara

• View Profile
Re: What's the haps?
« Reply #16830 on: May 24, 2016, 06:09:00 AM »
^Because you can't or because you don't want to?

My haps... The magazine manager is trying to organise a gettogether, but I'm not sure if I want to go. I know I should go. I'm 'important' and they want me to prove I'm not a jerk, but I'm no good at this social stuff. The last meet-up I liked was the one where I could hide out in the kitchen and play strategy games with the girlfriend of one of the writers (which meant all the women there ended up in the kitchen. oops.).

Artimicia

• Banninated
    • View Profile
« Reply #16831 on: May 24, 2016, 06:12:18 AM »

My haps... The magazine manager is trying to organise a gettogether, but I'm not sure if I want to go. I know I should go. I'm 'important' and they want me to prove I'm not a jerk, but I'm no good at this social stuff. The last meet-up I liked was the one where I could hide out in the kitchen and play strategy games with the girlfriend of one of the writers (which meant all the women there ended up in the kitchen. oops.).

Hey that sounds like fun!

Ever since a bunch of my gaming friends moved and stuff I miss being able to do the random things like that.

That said those were all definitively board game silly events and didn't at all represent a kind of "event" in any serious sense (Oh look get a nice dress and do this and be cool) because those things all SUCK! =-P
"I don't live by labels, I can be anything I want, I'd rather die a pauper than live on as someone else's fantasy!" - My best attempt at quoting the protagonist of Vandal Hearts 2.

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Computer Over. Virus = Very Yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16832 on: May 24, 2016, 10:41:57 AM »

Because I can't. :P
"You know, you're pretty cool too, Arvis.  You like good music, good games, and good tennis." - Divingfalcons

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #16833 on: May 24, 2016, 12:49:20 PM »

Ever since a bunch of my gaming friends moved and stuff I miss being able to do the random things like that.

It was fun. That event was actually a farewell party (the magazine we wrote for went bust and as a goodbye, we threw a small thing for us and loyal readers), but I had a good time (in the kitchen, where human interaction revolved around tea and games).

Actually, that event came up elsewhere just now. Me and another guy both ended up writing for the same website, and he just arranged a review code for me. He was like "One download code for our Queen of Fire Emblem", and I said "There won't be much left of that title once I start playing Atelier Sophie...". Which is the truth, because I'm going to binge play the crap out of it. However... "L. was the one who came up with it." "Wait, what? Is this from the farewell party?" And it was. Turns out she still uses my team to measure the quality of hers. This makes me feel really proud and nostalgic ;_; Maybe we'll be able to have an online versus match in Fates soon. That'd be nice.

Today was a good day.

Frostillicus

• View Profile
« Reply #16834 on: May 24, 2016, 12:55:28 PM »
which meant all the women there ended up in the kitchen.

Isn't that where all women are supposed to be?   :/

Couldn't resist
"Movies are better than people. You don't have to smell who you're watching." ~ Baby Cakes

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #16835 on: May 24, 2016, 01:12:39 PM »
which meant all the women there ended up in the kitchen.

Isn't that where all women are supposed to be?   :/

Couldn't resist

Moving to the kitchen was a tactical decision, as it gave us access to all edible resources, not to mention to ability to distribute them (or not!). It was our fortress. If you think women deserve a fortress, thank you!

Starmongoose

• Forum Moderator
  • Contributing Editor
  • I Mean Bismuth
    • View Profile
« Reply #16836 on: May 24, 2016, 01:18:12 PM »
I'm cookin' steaks tonight. =3 nom

Penguin Boss Demands You Join Our Discord!

CLICK HERE TO BE TAKEN TO THE RPGFAN DISCORD

Agent D.

• Agent Bewear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16837 on: May 24, 2016, 02:07:44 PM »

That said those were all definitively board game silly events and didn't at all represent a kind of "event" in any serious sense (Oh look get a nice dress and do this and be cool) because those things all SUCK! =-P
It's like the saying "better to have gamed and lost than to have never gamed at all"... I wish I had friends for that kind of thing, but my small group of buddies consists of a fighting gamer, a sports gamer, and a shooter gamer, with a few casuals mixed in. It's a dull life I lead.

TASTY!

Dincrest

• RPGFan Editor
    • View Profile
    • RPGFan
« Reply #16838 on: May 24, 2016, 07:01:50 PM »
I definitely value the times I got to hang out with RPGFan folks in real life.  I definitely consider them friends.  E3 2012 is still one of the most memorable times in my entire life.  Let's just say, that year I was both the Class Clown and the Class Flirt.  I have friends who share a lot of my dorknerdgeekdweeb interests like comics/manga, anime/cartoons, video games, and fantasy novels, but the ones I hang out with the most are those who don't share a lot of those interests.  Still, it would be nice if we could all teleport ourselves to a hub location and hang out.  I think it'd be fun to hang with a lot of you folks in real life.

Anyway haps... I've just been burnt out lately this past month.  I don't know if it's the grieving process gut-punching me hard later on (I'm still not over my dad's death back in October and my mom has medical issues) but I've just been out of it lately, often exhausted, going through the motions at work (while putting on a positive face for my students)... the only thing I have ANY desire or motivation to do is ride bicycles.  

And in workout haps, doing a superset of plank-ups followed by side planks with reach-throughs is my least favorite part of my workout.  But I do feel my abs getting stronger.  I still struggle with body dysmorphia, but whatever.  I gotta get stronger, gotta get leaner, gotta get endurance-ier.  
« Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 07:53:26 PM by Dincrest »
You can brag about your 5000+ friends on social media all you want, but riddle me this: how many of them would help you move?

MeshGearFox

• HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!
    • View Profile
o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #16840 on: May 25, 2016, 03:59:12 AM »
I still struggle with body dysmorphia, but whatever.  I gotta get stronger, gotta get leaner, gotta get endurance-ier.

For what it's worth, I think you're amazing. I've only seen pictures, but you've changed to much the past decade.

The same goes for Agent D., by the way. Whenever he mentions the weights he's lifted, I try to imagine how much that is. Like, three mes. Or one of those ponies I used to ride when I was little. I can't help but be impressed.

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #16841 on: May 25, 2016, 09:32:37 AM »
Man, I've always been naturally fit and played a lot of sports, but now that I'm 32 my lackadaisical attitude toward fitness is catching up to me.

By the way, I've had my 3DS for a couple years now and have had a few dozen streetpass tags in that time.  But the most I ever had at once was 3, and that was only one time.  But after taking my system to that fancy hotel over the weekend, I flipped it on yesterday and saw that I had SEVEN streetpass tags!  I felt like I was in Tokyo or something.
"You know, you're pretty cool too, Arvis.  You like good music, good games, and good tennis." - Divingfalcons

Rucks

• RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Salvum est Vita!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16842 on: May 25, 2016, 09:37:33 AM »
I think a lot of us that got lucky with genetics eventually hit that wall in our late 20's/early 30's where we have to either completely re-assess our eating habits/lifestyle or suffer the health consequences.  It makes me feel blessed I didn't have to struggle with weight/body image issues when i was young(er) and stupid(er) and terrible at everything.

"This goes way beyond pumpkin spice" "Whale oil beef hooked"

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #16843 on: May 25, 2016, 10:31:24 AM »
Yeah, I'll never forget the day my first girlfriend embarrassed me in front of her dad by pointing out my abs to him.  He had this MASSIVE gut, and he just looked at me said "Yeah, I used to be ripped like that when I was your age."

And I looked at myself.  And I looked at his gut.  And I thought... "HOW?"

Well, considering how much my physique has dough-ified in just 14 years I can definitely understand what happened to that dude.  Not an ab in sight for me, for a while now.

Good lord, I was 16 when that happened, and it's been 14 years since it happened.  T______T

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #16844 on: May 25, 2016, 02:02:16 PM »
Speaking of physical fitness, I ended up entertaining the little ones at my dad's birthday and I have to admit I was winded after all those piggyback rides... I used to be better at this...