Author Topic: Whats the haps?  (Read 3613285 times)

MeshGearFox

• HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!
    • View Profile
Re: What's the haps?
« Reply #16890 on: June 02, 2016, 06:07:01 PM »
fwiw you can get through MOST of PS1's dungeons by following the left-hand rule (or the right-hand rule in I think one case). It's only the sword dungeon and MAYBE Baya Malay where this is a big problem.

But yeah, love PS1 and 4, not so much 2 or 3.

ANYWAY.

Was walking to my bus stop afterwork and the weird unicorn puppet guy was out, only instead of puppets, today he was trumpeting really badly. Then I get to my bus stop and the bank next to it's closed for some emergency and there are cops inside doing forensics.

THURSDAYS, MAN.
o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Daggerstrike

• Rainbow Club Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16891 on: June 03, 2016, 12:23:11 AM »
Fuck home buying. The developer is an asshole. I have heard most in the construction business are greedy and sleazy. Never have I seen it be so true.
All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.

Draak

• View Profile
« Reply #16892 on: June 03, 2016, 04:41:48 AM »
Soooo...

1. Neighbors around the block have dogs that won't shut up when left alone (which is all the time -- seriously, why get a pet then?)

2. An enlightened soul decides to buy a parrot

3. Logical conclusion: the parrot starts to imitate the BARKS. A barking parrot, yes. Now it's like there is one more annoying dog around!

My neighborhood is blessed with suck, certainly.

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #16893 on: June 03, 2016, 05:19:38 AM »
Maybe you could decrease the suck by temporarily increasing it: blast your favourite music through the neighbourhood until the bird gets the hint.

(This bird is so cute, trying his best to sing the Neon Genesis Evangelion opening!)

Artimicia

• Banninated
    • View Profile
« Reply #16894 on: June 03, 2016, 06:36:50 AM »
Ok yeah I went into pretty deep PS4 pretty great...
"I don't live by labels, I can be anything I want, I'd rather die a pauper than live on as someone else's fantasy!" - My best attempt at quoting the protagonist of Vandal Hearts 2.

Agent D.

• Agent Bewear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16895 on: June 03, 2016, 07:54:10 AM »
Fuck home buying. The developer is an asshole. I have heard most in the construction business are greedy and sleazy. Never have I seen it be so true.
In all faitness, construction work is VERY difficult. One missing permit or failed inspection and literally entire structures need to be taken down and made again at a later time. I recall one instance when an apartment I was doing work in was inspected and it was discovered that they lacked a permit to create an outdoor decl...that had already been fully built and furnished. The construction company had to pull the whole thing, re-file a permit, and rebuild the whole thing. The best part was they HAD a permit, but the permit wording apparently didn't acknowledge the outdoor deck as a part of the apartment proper or something I forget the details. Not saying that some of these guys aren't douchebags, but construction is fuckall convoluted. Make yourself involved as much as possible and look into everything you can.

TASTY!

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #16896 on: June 03, 2016, 08:16:24 AM »
I'm trying to find a white t-shirt, but it's suprisingly difficult. I don't like most prints. It's like...

[pug]
[random words]
[motivational message]
[something slutty]
[pug with sunglasses]
[seriously, another pug]
[I don't think these are actual words...]
[pineapple]
[random words about fictional sportsteam]
[lobster]
[sparkly cat]
[motivational message]
[seashells where the boobs are supposed to be, but it's not too obvious because the model is build like a lanky tween]
[pug]

Dice

• I'm fart and I'm smunny
  • AMG A GIRL
  • RPGFan and Dice forever...
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt site!  Come, stay, laugh, cry.
« Reply #16897 on: June 03, 2016, 09:24:58 AM »
I'm trying to find a white t-shirt, but it's suprisingly difficult. I don't like most prints. It's like...

[pug]
[random words]
[motivational message]
[something slutty]
[pug with sunglasses]
[seriously, another pug]
[I don't think these are actual words...]
[pineapple]
[random words about fictional sportsteam]
[lobster]
[sparkly cat]
[motivational message]
[seashells where the boobs are supposed to be, but it's not too obvious because the model is build like a lanky tween]
[pug]

lol yeah that sounds pretty accurate.  I'm not a big fan of graphic tees unless they got some abstract design or something.  I got a few gaming ones... I dunno.  I like plain black tees. :P
http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Computer Over. Virus = Very Yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16898 on: June 03, 2016, 09:30:30 AM »
Wife says a 32-year-old man should not look like a college student so I wear mostly collared shirts and button-ups now.  She's kinda right, though.
"You know, you're pretty cool too, Arvis.  You like good music, good games, and good tennis." - Divingfalcons

Frostillicus

• View Profile
« Reply #16899 on: June 03, 2016, 10:07:25 AM »
"Movies are better than people. You don't have to smell who you're watching." ~ Baby Cakes

Yoda

• Fear is the Mind Killer
  • Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light
    • View Profile
« Reply #16900 on: June 03, 2016, 10:21:27 AM »
A plain white tee made out of good cotton is the most comfortable thing ever.

Ditto

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Computer Over. Virus = Very Yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16901 on: June 03, 2016, 10:28:42 AM »
"You know, you're pretty cool too, Arvis.  You like good music, good games, and good tennis." - Divingfalcons

Frostillicus

• View Profile
« Reply #16902 on: June 03, 2016, 10:43:50 AM »
A coworker of mine started wearing sweater vests after he got married.... Equivalent to full-on castration.

Craft stores are good places to pick up plain white shirts.
"Movies are better than people. You don't have to smell who you're watching." ~ Baby Cakes

Daggerstrike

• Rainbow Club Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16903 on: June 03, 2016, 11:25:51 AM »
In all faitness, construction work is VERY difficult. One missing permit or failed inspection and literally entire structures need to be taken down and made again at a later time. I recall one instance when an apartment I was doing work in was inspected and it was discovered that they lacked a permit to create an outdoor decl...that had already been fully built and furnished. The construction company had to pull the whole thing, re-file a permit, and rebuild the whole thing. The best part was they HAD a permit, but the permit wording apparently didn't acknowledge the outdoor deck as a part of the apartment proper or something I forget the details. Not saying that some of these guys aren't douchebags, but construction is fuckall convoluted. Make yourself involved as much as possible and look into everything you can.

I get that and I can appreciate that. My issue is the lying and misinformation. or no information. Seriously. I would rather hear bad news that is the truth than get strung along and told incorrect information. I have been trying to keep myself involved and aware. The problem is they lie. Like telling me that the wetlands lady would be out this week. Then when I called her since she is a civil servant and it's my right as a citizen to do that, she had no idea what I was talking about. When I called them to tell them the time frame she gave (3-6 weeks) they called the site guy, and then called me back and yelled at me and told me that now the county is going to do a full investigation of the wet lands instead of doing a "courtesy drive by". Maybe if they had told me that instead of telling me they were coming to survey it. But the entire scenario is a lie anyway because she had no idea about the property. Also, somehow in the span of about 9 minutes were able to called the site guy, the site guy calls the county, the site guy then  calls the sales guy back, who is then able to call me? It seems implausible that all of the information about it being made into a "full investigation" could be learned within that 9 minute period with all those phone calls needing to be made. Also...and I can't stress this enough....if they had just explained to me what was going on I wouldn't have called. I would have just waited. Instead I called because they have given me less than accurate information before.

Oh, and the mortgage guy tells me they have 22 houses and sites to do (it's manufactured homes) and that the homes aren't expected to start being delivered until end of June. and they can only do 2 houses per week. And the home manufacturer doesn't have our order yet.

Our landlord wants us to sign a lease and rent just went up. We are month to month and don't want to sign a lease because we are supposed to be out by the end of July or at the latest August. Without a single tree being cut down so far it seems like a pipe dream.
All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.

Rook

• View Profile
« Reply #16904 on: June 03, 2016, 02:53:30 PM »
Thinking about trying out the Phantasy Star series.... not that I don't have stuff to play but I noticed them somewhere, I guess the first one is on the VC.

PS2 is my favorite of the series. Its about 40-50 hours long so not all that grindy, and IMO it has the best music and graphics of the 4. Story, while excellent is kind of sparce though. I think the whole script is about 8-10 pages long. It can be hard as hell without a map though.

PS3 is the easiest and the shortest, was a competent game but a step down from everything PS2 did.

PS4. I couldn't get into though will admit its the best place to start. I didn't play it until about 2005 so it suffered the chrono trigger, I played this thing way too late thing. I had also missed the sci-fi world of PS2.