Author Topic: Whats the haps?  (Read 3859999 times)

EmeraldSword

• View Profile
Re: What's the haps?
« Reply #16905 on: June 03, 2016, 03:51:23 PM »
A coworker of mine started wearing sweater vests after he got married.... Equivalent to full-on castration.

Logic may follow this:

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #16906 on: June 03, 2016, 04:02:14 PM »
I have like... Six sweatervests. But, I'm a girl. When I wear it with the right skirt and shoes, it's fashion.

(I do think some young men can totally get away with wearing sweatervests, though.)

BTW I found a t-shirt I like. I think I looked at over three hundred shirts. It was a confusing experience. Why do multiple brands have t-shirts with lobsters? Is it a thing? Why is it a thing? I mean, I kinda understand the pugs. They're an ugly kind of cute that's popular right now. However, lobsters are... lobsters.

Frostillicus

• View Profile
« Reply #16907 on: June 03, 2016, 05:06:49 PM »
Logic may follow this:

LOL

(I do think some young men can totally get away with wearing sweatervests, though.)

Why do multiple brands have t-shirts with lobsters? Is it a thing? Why is it a thing? I mean, I kinda understand the pugs. They're an ugly kind of cute that's popular right now. However, lobsters are... lobsters delicious.

Fixed that for ya. Might better explain why lobster shirts are so popular.

I also actually agree: Sweatervests aren't that terrible on some fellas, if it's their style. It's just that this particular guy never wore anything close to that before getting hitched, so I knew it wasn't his decision. ...Poor fella.
"Movies are better than people. You don't have to smell who you're watching." ~ Baby Cakes

Agent D.

• Agent Bewear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16908 on: June 03, 2016, 05:35:48 PM »
I EXCLUSIVELY wear T-Shirts. No V necks, no polos anymore, no bullshit. I've come to the realization that comfort>fashion, and more importantly comfortability helps display confidence. If I'm fidgeting and look uncomfortable in a dress shirt or a v neck, I won't be confident in what I'm doing or talking to someone, soI say fuggit, be comfy, be confident.

TASTY!

MeshGearFox

• HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16909 on: June 03, 2016, 05:59:02 PM »
I wear:

Button-up collared long sleeve business-casual shirts, preferably plaidgray or unicolor.
Black khakis
Work boots

I think I'm supposed to wear a belt with this but I don't have one.

Also I /very rarely/ manage to wear matching socks.

PROFESSIONALISM.

Btw are banana peels edible? Like could I just bust out a whole banana, eat without peeling and just terrify everyone?
o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Dincrest

• RPGFan Editor
    • View Profile
    • RPGFan
« Reply #16910 on: June 03, 2016, 06:49:58 PM »
When it comes to fashion...

The classic jeans 'n T-shirt look is timeless, but sometimes I need to embellish it a little.  Especially if I want to catch the attention of the ladies.  Like, if I was dressing up for a night out on the town, I would wear a pair of dark blue jeans (with a cool belt), a solid orange T-shirt untucked (no collar, no breast pocket, no stripes/designs on it, just a regular solid color T-shirt NOT black, white, or pink- this is important), and a cool black or dark grey sportcoat over it.  A more "casual chic" sport coat, nothing too dressy.  This way I'm a little dressy, but still comfortable and still give off that masculine vibe of "I'll put in some effort, but I'm still gonna play by my own rules."  Still being myself, but presenting the more alluring aspect of self.  Gotta have the right shoes too.  Definitely not stodgy loafers or anything like that.  A nice pair of walking shoes or a pair of nice sneakers like Vans C&Ls.  I don't know what it is, but the ladies definitely notice if a guy has clean shoes.  

Of course, that's a look that I would happily rock because it fits my style, vibe, and body type.  The worst thing you can do is wear poorly fit clothes.  I've known big dudes, guys who used to be linebackers in high school or college, who are ridiculously strong but when they wear parachute sized T-shirts it makes them look dumpy and obese rather than powerful.  It is challenging to buy clothes when your body type doesn't fit in with the average 5'8" 150lb male frame, but once you buy the right clothes that fit well, it's fantastic.  

Which goes to show, clothes shopping for guys can be challenging too.  I'm constantly in and out of fitting rooms when clothes shopping, especially when shirt sizes are L/M/S rather than numbered.  I've discovered, for example, that Nautica L fits me the way I like but that Calvin Klein L is more like a Nautica S and super tight on me.  And with cycling clothes, it's all about Pearl Izumi for me.  Nothing fits me better.  I have a bit of a weirdo body type- broad chest and shoulders but a somewhat short torso and long legs.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2016, 11:04:15 AM by Dincrest »
You can brag about your 5000+ friends on social media all you want, but riddle me this: how many of them would help you move?

Kevadu

• Some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #16911 on: June 03, 2016, 10:53:19 PM »
Apparently it was layoff day at work today.  Happy Friday, bunch of people got fired.  Not me or anything, but it's still become a pretty dark atmosphere there as everyone wonders who will be next.

But what really drives me bonkers about this whole situation is how ass-backwards it is.  Our company has a bunch of sales people who seem to run around promising the world to potential customers without bothering to even check with the engineers to see if the things they're promising are remotely feasible.  Then when they win contracts (which makes management happy I guess), engineering is given impossible deadlines with very limited resources.  Shockingly, these deadlines are not met (which makes management sad).

The core problem is that engineering is severely understaffed for the amount of work we are given.  There just aren't enough people.  What's management's solution to this problem?  Apparently it's to fire a bunch of engineers.

Because that will help...

Rook

• View Profile
« Reply #16912 on: June 04, 2016, 01:32:44 AM »
One of the reasons why I went into healthcare was pretty much so I could wear scrubs and running shoes to work.

mostly long sleeve/t-shirts and jeans/shorts. I usually try to different when it comes to running shoes/socks. The brighter/gaudier the better. Currently wearing these

Daggerstrike

• Rainbow Club Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16913 on: June 04, 2016, 09:52:08 AM »
Sadly we had to bid adieu to our dream of having our home where we wanted it and the exact home we wanted. We ended up putting a bid on another home.
All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #16914 on: June 04, 2016, 10:17:42 AM »
Sadly we had to bid adieu to our dream of having our home where we wanted it and the exact home we wanted. We ended up putting a bid on another home.

:(

I hope the next place is nice. Is it nice?

MeshGearFox

• HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16915 on: June 04, 2016, 10:41:40 AM »
This reminds me that I actually need new shoes because the treads on my boots are worn down to the point where they're getting holes, not giving proper support, and /making it difficult to walk on waxed linoleum/, but I have such an annoying time finding shoes that are suitable for the amount of walking I do (it's not just comfort, obvs. I need something that'll last more than a few weeks), and this particular kind of boot I've been getting from Walmart since like idk 2006 at this point /isn't exactly great/ for various reasons.

Maybe I'll go check out a Red Wings or LL Bean store, although I'm not really in the mood to take the bus out to either side of town today. Or anywhere, really. It's hot out :<

=But what really drives me bonkers about this whole situation is how ass-backwards it is.  Our company has a bunch of sales people who seem to run around promising the world to potential customers...

Trimmed the quote for space so I hope I didn't lose too much context buuuuuuuut

Company I work for totally gives /the rock star/ treatment to its sales force guys and that's always rubbed me the wrong way. We'll always get emails celebrating getting new contracts, but I see those and it's like

What are you celebrating? You just got a contract. You haven't actually DONE anything yet!

I don't remember seeing many emails praising projects that actually get finished and the people responsible for that.
... Actually maybe there's a reason for that. In which case celebrating contract wins is even more blazingly stupid considering the high failure rate of projects.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2016, 10:59:24 AM by MeshGearFox »
o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Rucks

• RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Salvum est Vita!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16916 on: June 04, 2016, 12:33:00 PM »
Giant work function today.

Dozens and dozens of my co-workers spend their entire morning gorging themselves on cookies, potato chips and diet soda.  Then eat 5 pieces of pizza for lunch.  Many give me dirty looks for picking the peperoni off (no vegetarian options were considered) and then eating alone (because I can't stand the sound half of them make eating with their mouths wipe open).  If the last 4 years is any indication, I'll look forward to hearing just how exhausted everyone is by this afternoon.

In order to get people moving, my system has tried to schedule in "activity hours" during our mandatory staff days.  Unfortunately, almost no one ever signs up for anything other than the sedentary "sit down yoga" or "human chess" classes, meaning that it's usually me and the same 4 other people doing the stair climbs/group walk.  This year, there was a near mutiny from our union when our insurance started forcing people to take fitness screenings in order to get the lowest rate.  This is all very....troubling to me, since a lot of our staff are great people who either don't care to or don't know how to take care of themselves.

"This goes way beyond pumpkin spice" "Whale oil beef hooked"

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #16917 on: June 04, 2016, 01:18:08 PM »
So much junkfood all at once sounds disgusting... Like, a bag of crisps once in a while is nice, and having tea, cookies with friends is good too, and I just had pizza for dinner (with feta, spinach and grilled eggplant), but too much of it and I start craving veggies in no time.

I guess one advantage of working from home is not feeling pressure to not be healthy. Though, from what I've heard, the office of the website I freelance for isn't so bad. Imagine a whole bunch of gamer dudes... drinking tea.

My other 'thing' doesn't even have an office, but we have meetings in conference room of a restaurant sometimes. (Uh, this place, if anyone wants to know) and that when I go all-out. These meetings are typically 6+ hours, but lunch is included and lunch is awesome. I mostly stick to tea during the actual meeting, but my colleagues say the chocolate milk is amazing. I might try it next time.

Dincrest

• RPGFan Editor
    • View Profile
    • RPGFan
« Reply #16918 on: June 04, 2016, 06:40:58 PM »
Dincrest finally has his event/charity bike-a-thon schedule worked out:

1) June 12, I'm riding in the ACS (American Cancer Society) Philly Bridge-to-Beach ride with my coworker's team The Spirit of St. Lou 1927. 67 miles.

2) September 10, I'm riding in the AJF Ride 4 Autism as a solo rider. 50KM (about 32 miles.) http://clc-ajf.donorpages.com/BikeRide2016/NealChandran/

3) October 15, I'm doing the PD500 Rock 'n Roll Ride for Parkinson's Disease. This one is 45 miles and supremely hilly, which I love.
https://fundraising.active.com/fundraiser/NEalChandran3
This one is a VERY meaningful ride for me. I'm riding because my mom has PD, my late uncle had it, and the date is meaningful too. October 17 was my late father's birthday and I had to miss the ride last year because he passed away October 16. So I'm doing this one for my dad as well.
You can brag about your 5000+ friends on social media all you want, but riddle me this: how many of them would help you move?

Daggerstrike

• Rainbow Club Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16919 on: June 04, 2016, 11:04:21 PM »

:(

I hope the next place is nice. Is it nice?

Yeah. My wife likes it a lot. The home itself is super nice. A lot less land and second rate Internet service. We looked at another one right down the street from the home we were going to have built. The land was nice. It had an AMAZING garage and shop (about 750 square feet). The home itself though was old and outdated. Too much so to justify living in an updating.... According to my wife. Happy wife happy life right?
All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.