Author Topic: Whats the haps?

Agent D.

• Agent Bewear.
    • View Profile
Re: What's the haps?
« Reply #16995 on: June 16, 2016, 11:06:54 AM »
Can't wait to tell the district manager about my current boss' quid pro quo attitude towards me telling him constantly that I can't work 6 days a week. Fuck this whole "You're the only one I have and its only for two weeks" BS. Why should I be punished for poor decisions and a terrible employee structure that allows for this nonsense to happen? I mean, since I'm a supervisor and have to waive the 30 minute meal break required by law, I'm basically being forced to work overtime.

Honestly if I knew I was walking into this situation, I would have refused the job.

Been talking to family lately about how I've been feeling for months now that nothing in my life makes it worth living, but they don't seem too bothered by it. Apparently I just need to "set goals for myself." Which is exactly what the three therapists I've seen in the last couple years have told me before I realized they weren't really listening.

Anyway, didn't mean to ruin the streamlined haps or bring down the mood, just wanted to rant a bit as always.
If I may, Klutz

-Rant at boss
-Pain
-Discomfort
-Work while ignoring said pain and discomfort
-Weightloss (not by choice)
-Contemplative reflection
-Family guidance
-Family just don't get it
-Ruining threads' cool new streamline motiff

TASTY!

Starmongoose

• Forum Moderator
  • Contributing Editor
  • I Mean Bismuth
    • View Profile
« Reply #16996 on: June 16, 2016, 11:17:41 AM »
@Klutz: Life's too short to be working in a job you loathe. It sucks your family is just telling you to suck it up but they aren't going to understand the situation as well as you do, and it's easy for them to tell you to stay in it since they aren't the ones having to do it.

Penguin Boss Demands You Join Our Discord!

CLICK HERE TO BE TAKEN TO THE RPGFAN DISCORD

Rucks

• RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Salvum est Vita!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16997 on: June 16, 2016, 11:23:18 AM »
Every piece of advice I could give you would be wrong except that you have to remember that if you work at it, things WILL get better.

Fact.

"This goes way beyond pumpkin spice" "Whale oil beef hooked"

Frostillicus

• View Profile
« Reply #16998 on: June 16, 2016, 11:33:51 AM »
^ This.

Becoming a parent was the most difficult, trying thing I have ever done. No amount of literature of guidance truly prepares one for it. I would cry at times in the early days, thinking I couldn't handle it. Thinking I failed.. myself, my wife, and my son.. It seemed hopeless... But I kept fuckin' trying, regardless. I kept doing things the way I knew I had to, as difficult and daunting as they were. It paid off, and now my relationship with my son is amazing.
I know that's not really comparable to your situation, but IMO, it's a shining example of what perseverance can do for someone. Great things in history never would have been accomplished if people didn't fight with all they had for it.

Life is hard at times, and shit most definitely happens more often than it should. The only way it will get better is to suck it up, and stop being down on yourself. We all must persevere in life. I know itís much, much easier said than done, but thatís just how it is. No one is going to hold our adult hands.

"Movies are better than people. You don't have to smell who you're watching." ~ Baby Cakes

Agent D.

• Agent Bewear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16999 on: June 16, 2016, 11:49:28 AM »
My advice is there is no advice. Any action you take will have an infinite amount of possibilities, some good some bad. Make your own future, and do what you wish. At some point, the realm of infinite possibilities has to feed you a good day.

TASTY!

Starmongoose

• Forum Moderator
  • Contributing Editor
  • I Mean Bismuth
    • View Profile
« Reply #17000 on: June 16, 2016, 11:50:16 AM »
I see where you two are coming from, but bad situations don't always get better and sometimes the right decision is getting out of it.

Klutz may just be ranting and not meaning what he says. It might not be as bad as he thinks in that moment, but I still stand by what I said.

He is an adult, and he does have agency in his own life. His family have more or less told him to suck it up already, and having everyone in your life tell you that can make it seem like you're in a hole with no way out. Or that you're failing in life where others appear to succeed.

In the end of the day, it's just a job. The problem might not BE the job, it might be something else, but I don't personally feel right telling someone who has seen multiple therapists to suck it up.

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #17001 on: June 16, 2016, 12:18:26 PM »

Been talking to family lately about how I've been feeling for months now that nothing in my life makes it worth living, but they don't seem too bothered by it. Apparently I just need to "set goals for myself." Which is exactly what the three therapists I've seen in the last couple years have told me before I realized they weren't really listening.

'Set goals' is such useless advice. I mean, setting goals is easy. You just have to have an atleast vague idea of what you want; know what direction you want to go in. Figuring out which steps to take and then taking said steps is the hard part. That's the part everyone struggles with. The people who say 'just set some goals' have probably never felt what's like to have your path blocked and then having to struggle to find a new route, or a new goal doesn't make everything you just did pointless.

My advice: uh, take things one step at a time, I guess?

Frostillicus

• View Profile
« Reply #17002 on: June 16, 2016, 12:27:47 PM »
I get you, Star.

I don't mean to come across as callous and uncaring, so I do apologize if I seemed that way, Klutz. All I can personally preach is what life has taught me, which is that nothing will change for the better unless internal strength can be mustered in some way. My parents are apathetic to a serious fault, so I know what it's like to have little or no support from family, and having to handle problems on my own. That's why I go the "suck it up" route... because that's the only way my own life improved.

Yeah, I know that's me, and not anyone else. I don't have friends, or associate with many people in life, so I tend to forget the infinitely broad spectrum that is humanity's mentality.
"Movies are better than people. You don't have to smell who you're watching." ~ Baby Cakes

Starmongoose

• Forum Moderator
  • Contributing Editor
  • I Mean Bismuth
    • View Profile
« Reply #17003 on: June 16, 2016, 12:29:54 PM »
Klutz is a smart guy, I don't think he would base any decisions he would make in life based solely on what either of us said, I'm sure he's happy to have all perspectives.

Or he might come back and say "Wtf guys, I was just ranting. Chill. #gotmywhalesongson"

Daggerstrike

• Rainbow Club Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17004 on: June 16, 2016, 01:37:56 PM »
Good news everyone! You don't have to read about me buying a house anymore and being annoyingly excited for it....

because I was just let go from my job because they reorganized my department.
All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.

Starmongoose

• Forum Moderator
  • Contributing Editor
  • I Mean Bismuth
    • View Profile
« Reply #17005 on: June 16, 2016, 01:40:53 PM »
I'm so sorry Daggs. :/

Rucks

• RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Salvum est Vita!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17006 on: June 16, 2016, 01:45:21 PM »
Gutted for you Dags. 

"This goes way beyond pumpkin spice" "Whale oil beef hooked"

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #17007 on: June 16, 2016, 01:46:53 PM »
:(

That's some shitty lottery you're winning, Dagg...

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Computer Over. Virus = Very Yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17008 on: June 16, 2016, 01:58:27 PM »
What the actual heck?  Daggs, I'm really sorry. :(
"You know, you're pretty cool too, Arvis.  You like good music, good games, and good tennis." - Divingfalcons

Klutz64

• I Like Wacky Hats
  • May Your Heart be Your Guiding Key
    • View Profile
« Reply #17009 on: June 16, 2016, 02:00:00 PM »
Good news everyone! You don't have to read about me buying a house anymore and being annoyingly excited for it....

because I was just let go from my job because they reorganized my department.

Fuck man, sorry to hear that.
Hope you at least get a nice severance out of that shit.

=====================================

Damn, now this seems like petty bitching on my part, bu since I typed it all up anyway, I'll just leave it here.

Klutz is a smart guy, I don't think he would base any decisions he would make in life based solely on what either of us said, I'm sure he's happy to have all perspectives.

Or he might come back and say "Wtf guys, I was just ranting. Chill. #gotmywhalesongson"

Nah, I appreciate the advice, and I'll try to remember to respond to everyone.

@Starmongoose: I'd love to follow this advice the most. I've learned my lesson about procrastinating and goofing off, and would probably dedicate every waking hour to finding a job with little to no physical demands and a steady work schedule during normal hours. Unfortunately, since my parents are nice enough to continue providing me food and shelter and have been dogging me for months to find another job where I can go back to paying them rent, I do feel like I owe them continuing to collect a paycheck as much as it feels like torture. Mostly because convincing them otherwise would be a nightmare I don't want to deal with.

@glassjwash/natros: Been trying to tell myself this all my life and then I continue nonstop to find myself in these situations. I had a job I liked that would easily carry me through graduate school so I could maybe start a career and then the store closed and the place I transferred to refused to recognize my previous position and ended up getting rid of me because I was treated as a temporary employee. Before that I went to college for public relations, and ended up in an internship where I wasn't actually taught anything but just told to stuff envelopes for 8 hours a day. So when it came time to find something post-graduation, nobody would even consider me because I didn't have enough experience, no matter how much tenacity I put into my search. I gave up on that industry when I realized how elitist it was.

And its like this in all aspects of life. And I realize that its not just me, that the Universe continuously throws shit at everyone, but that just goes back to my question lately of why ANYONE puts up with it. I just want to ask everyone I encounter what drives them to continue pushing through the shitshow that is life when in the end its all meaningless?

So yeah, I get the idea of pushing forward, but only when there's the vaguest of hopes that something better is ahead of you.

@AgentD: When every decision I make seems to lead to never ending regret, its kind of hard to think this way. And I absolutely accept that this is a problem with my way of thinking, that I hold on to regret for way too long when a decision I make leads to frustration or harship, but I've tried to let go of those feelings and they just keep coming back.

@Tomara: This is my biggest problem. I DON'T have even a vague idea of what direction I want my life to take. I'm not really passionate about anything. Folks always say "well you're passionate about video games," except I play and talk about video games for the same reason some folks drink, because for a brief moment life doesn't feel like a hopeless void.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2016, 02:02:23 PM by Klutz64 »