Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Computer Over. Virus = Very Yes.
    • View Profile
Re: What's the haps?
« Reply #17205 on: July 14, 2016, 09:57:48 AM »
I'm going to Vietnam next month for 2 weeks! \(^^)/

There are some seriously beautiful parts of that country.

Have you been? Any places you'd recommend?

Nope, just saw the Top Gear special.  I'd recommend watching that. :P
"You know, you're pretty cool too, Arvis.  You like good music, good games, and good tennis." - Divingfalcons

Annubis

• ee yan~☆
    • View Profile
« Reply #17206 on: July 14, 2016, 01:15:35 PM »
Any day I find a way of recommending Jyu-Oh-Sei to someone is a good day.

Lard

• View Profile
« Reply #17207 on: July 14, 2016, 06:22:30 PM »
I'm going to Vietnam next month for 2 weeks! \(^^)/

There are some seriously beautiful parts of that country.

Have you been? Any places you'd recommend?

Hmm...not sure if I've seen that one. I'll check it out, thanks.
I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.

Rucks

• RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Salvum est Vita!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17208 on: July 14, 2016, 07:31:23 PM »
goddamnit indiana...

the guy who said "no cake for gays" could be our next vice president.

"This goes way beyond pumpkin spice" "Whale oil beef hooked"

Starmongoose

• Forum Moderator
  • Contributing Editor
  • I Mean Bismuth
    • View Profile
« Reply #17209 on: July 14, 2016, 07:35:18 PM »
goddamnit indiana...

No cake for gays? Huh? BUT I LOVE CAKE D:

Penguin Boss Demands You Join Our Discord!

CLICK HERE TO BE TAKEN TO THE RPGFAN DISCORD

MeshGearFox

• HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17210 on: July 14, 2016, 11:21:04 PM »
I'm assuming that if you walk into a cake shop in Indiana you wouldn't be getting cake no matter what your sexual orientation is
because it closed down at least a decade ago
(also stop trespassing)
o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Kevadu

• Some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #17211 on: July 14, 2016, 11:59:12 PM »
Got home planning to play some KanColle.

Realized that servers were undergoing maintenance that I totally hadn't planned for.

Didn't know what else to do with my time so I ended up doing some work from home.

What is wrong with my life...

Lard

• View Profile
« Reply #17212 on: July 15, 2016, 07:08:01 AM »

Dammit, now you've made me want to do a bike tour, but I don't know if I have quite enough time.
I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.

Dincrest

• RPGFan Editor
    • View Profile
    • RPGFan
« Reply #17213 on: July 15, 2016, 08:00:15 AM »
goddamnit indiana...

I'm not surprised that Trump picked Pence to be his VP.  Trump is such a narcissist egomaniac who has to be top dog at all times, that he wouldn't dare pick outspoken blustering oafs like Chris Christie or Newt Gingrich because they'd take the spotlight away from him and try to challenge him for top dog position.  In addition, Gingrich and Christie are almost universally despised by, well, everyone.  Trump could (or at least he thinks he could) bully Pence, with his clout, more easily than he could the others.  That and having a seemingly more "moderate" running mate with a more even temperament balances him out in the eyes of the sheeple.  

But, yeah, a Trump-Pence presidency sounds like gay rights, immigrant rights, the environment, and international diplomacy all going straight down the toilet.  
« Last Edit: July 15, 2016, 12:11:33 PM by Dincrest »
You can brag about your 5000+ friends on social media all you want, but riddle me this: how many of them would help you move?

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Computer Over. Virus = Very Yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17214 on: July 15, 2016, 09:37:55 AM »

Dammit, now you've made me want to do a bike tour, but I don't know if I have quite enough time.

You're welcome.
"You know, you're pretty cool too, Arvis.  You like good music, good games, and good tennis." - Divingfalcons

EmeraldSword

• View Profile
« Reply #17215 on: July 15, 2016, 05:10:16 PM »
The haps for me today is after giving it much thought... I deactivated my FB account. Thanks to this e-community here, Meetup activities and parents, I still have a strong-ish emotional support system. I'm focused on a full career transition, so there's enough on my mind to stay occupied. In my spare time, I've been taking up volunteering events for disabled, homeless and others to practice gratitude where I can. Life is a brave frontier... I hope I'll be in a better place cognitively next year. Thanks, RPGfans. ;)

Dincrest

• RPGFan Editor
    • View Profile
    • RPGFan
« Reply #17216 on: July 16, 2016, 08:01:47 PM »
I sometimes wonder... am I the only one who absolutely, positively, abhors going to the beach (or down the shore as they say in New Jersey)?  Everyone I know gets excited about going to the beach, but my gut reaction is, "Ewww, no thank you!"  I don't like the smell of the beach/oceanside.  Some people revel in that sea air, but I think it smells rancid.  I can't stand sand.  It's coarse, it's rough, it's really irritating, it gets everywhere, and is simply unpleasant to walk on.  I find ZERO joy of just lying out on the beach, in the sun all day.  Okay, I could wash off in the ocean, but salt water just feels grimy to me, especially when it gets in my hair and eyes.  Okay, I already get the claustrophobic heebie-jeebies when I'm submerged in water (this is why I avoid pools and can't stand taking baths- showers for the win!)  The crowds, the filth, it's just disgusting.  

Give me a nice quiet space in the mountains, preferably a somewhat woodsy area not far from a stream, and I could lay out there all day enjoying nature and being away from it all.  The smell of the trees and grass is lovely.  Less crowded, less polluted, the surroundings are more tranquil.  I would actually put my "submerging" issues aside to dunk (or even try kayaking) in a clean, clear mountain stream.  When everyone looks forward to ocean vacations in Florida or the Carolinas, I'd want a mountain vacation in New England.      

EDIT: Even when it comes to cycling, I'm all about the uphill climbs.  I'm lousy at descents and simply useless on flats/straightaways, but get me on the hills with uphill climbs and I get more excited than quitting time on a Friday. Mountain ride >>>>>> beach ride any day.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2016, 08:55:03 PM by Dincrest »
You can brag about your 5000+ friends on social media all you want, but riddle me this: how many of them would help you move?

Starmongoose

• Forum Moderator
  • Contributing Editor
  • I Mean Bismuth
    • View Profile
« Reply #17217 on: July 16, 2016, 08:16:30 PM »
 I can't stand sand.  It's coarse, it's rough, it gets everywhere, and is simply unpleasant to walk on.

I always suspected you were a Sith, Neal.

Penguin Boss Demands You Join Our Discord!

CLICK HERE TO BE TAKEN TO THE RPGFAN DISCORD

MeshGearFox

• HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17218 on: July 16, 2016, 08:16:58 PM »
The ocean smells like raw death afaic.

I live next to a river and it's pretty bad in the summer 'cause algae and like rotting... river beasts, but the ocean's like that times infinity.

Florida's especially bad though cause the citrus industry, so you have like, orange rendering plants near the ocean. So imagine the smell of baking Tropicana intermingling with rotting fish/algae and sand gross. And then it's July so you've already got a migraine from the heat and light, and the olfactory hypersensitivity that comes along with that.
o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

ScottC

• RPGFan Editor
  • Manderville Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #17219 on: July 16, 2016, 08:23:41 PM »
I love the beach.  Love surfing, love sunbathing, love the smell the ocean breeze, and most of all love all the cute girls at the beach.