Author Topic: Whats the haps?

Dice

• I'm fart and I'm smunny
  • AMG A GIRL
  • RPGFan and Dice forever...
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt site!  Come, stay, laugh, cry.
Re: What's the haps?
« Reply #17250 on: July 18, 2016, 04:28:48 PM »
WHAT'S NEXT, CRACK COCAINE SMOOTHIES!?!?!?  

Already exists

In Haps: Burning the candle at both ends, but it's only for two more weeks....only. :(
I just left my main job early to work on other work..
« Last Edit: July 18, 2016, 04:41:56 PM by Dice »
http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!

Rucks

• RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Salvum est Vita!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17251 on: July 19, 2016, 06:24:27 PM »
After 6 weeks the ladyfriend will be back from Chicago on Sunday. Which of course means a swift return to being judged (harshly) for binge playing any longer than an hour a day.  That said, putting up with the stern looks still isn't anywhere close as bad as her being gone permanently would be.  It'd be a miracle if I ever put on pants again.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2016, 06:27:29 PM by glassjawsh »

"This goes way beyond pumpkin spice" "Whale oil beef hooked"

Artimicia

• Banninated
    • View Profile
« Reply #17252 on: July 19, 2016, 06:48:00 PM »

Already exists

In Haps: Burning the candle at both ends, but it's only for two more weeks....only. :(

Those sugar coffee drink things are super addicting.

Speaking of haps and addicting I'm addicted to Wendys.
"I don't live by labels, I can be anything I want, I'd rather die a pauper than live on as someone else's fantasy!" - My best attempt at quoting the protagonist of Vandal Hearts 2.

Dincrest

• RPGFan Editor
    • View Profile
    • RPGFan
« Reply #17253 on: July 19, 2016, 08:10:58 PM »
I remember E3 2012 going out with the staff to eat "crack chicken" at Pollo Campero.  I was deep into my health kick and had just fallen off the vegetarian wagon (been back on the vegetarian wagon since January this year) so I had one of their grilled dishes and I could totally see why Liz called it "crack chicken."  

And though I no longer drink alcohol, I was at a summer party at a friend's house where I had brought ice cream and root beer to make a root beer float station.  One of my other friends brought Pinnacle whipped cream vodka and would put a shot of it in peoples' floats to make them adult root beer floats.  People were guzzling their floats and got drunk pretty quick (the carbonation in soda somehow fast-tracks alcohol to the bloodstream.)  

So that's my contribution to edible addictions.  (And one of the audiobook narrations I did was a book on sugar addiction.)  

Anyway, not much in terms of haps except that I'm getting ready for the Spellbound Century bike-a-thon at the end of July.  I'll be riding with Team St. Lou (my coworker's team), it's only 45 miles, and it should be loads of fun.  
You can brag about your 5000+ friends on social media all you want, but riddle me this: how many of them would help you move?

Klutz64

• I Like Wacky Hats
  • May Your Heart be Your Guiding Key
    • View Profile
« Reply #17254 on: July 20, 2016, 02:35:02 PM »
Sad haps: After a rather shoddy job putting the thing together (and bits and bobs needing to be glued after they broke trying to put the thing together) my Goddess Black Heart figure has been jostled and disturbed too many times to confidently have it on display. Learned my lesson this time about taking care of more intricate and fragile figures.

So now there's going to be a blank spot in my display until I find something to replace it. So shopping time! Will update this post with ideas for feedback.

First choice - Syaro for sheer Adorbs Factor.
Second choice - Oncidium from FKG for something a little more obscure and something with a little bolder color.

There's that gorgeous Hanairogoromo Miku figure, too, of course. But I think I want something else non-Vocaloid related for this spot.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2016, 02:53:46 PM by Klutz64 »

Daggerstrike

• Rainbow Club Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17255 on: July 21, 2016, 01:13:03 AM »
Got a job offer today. It doesn't start until the 8th of August. I am making less than my previous job.. But I was at my previous job for nearly 8 years. I will just have to climb that corporate ladder again.
All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #17256 on: July 21, 2016, 01:06:00 PM »
To tell you the truth, I didn't lose my virginity till I was in my 30s.  The culprit was a deadly cocktail of self-esteem issues, body-image issues, and things compounding on each other as age creeps up and you're all like, " Holy shit, I'm XX old and haven't YY yet."

I know this is a page late, but the post isn't even a week old so I'm declaring this response valid!

So this is definitely schadenfreude but reading your story makes me feel a bit better about my own lack of romance in my life. I'm currently 27 and I've never had a girlfriend. I had a terrible case of one-itis alongside a general rejection of society for a long time that only ended a few years ago- don't even know if I can say it's over because thoughts from that time still bother me every time I'm interacting with others. I also have no clue whatsoever when a girl is interested, sometimes I kinda sorta get the impression a girl might be interested in me but then I tell myself I might be overestimating my own attractiveness and there's that part of my brain wants to stubbornly wait for a girl to make it painfully obvious that she's really interested before I invest myself in something that can hurt me. I'm also told I can come off as an aloof asshole which might intimidate some people, so basically I've put myself in a catch-22 which I'm too stubborn to actually make any attempt to change.

Also hobbies are usually more interesting than people.

#firstworldproblems

MeshGearFox

• HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17257 on: July 21, 2016, 07:40:51 PM »
i don't want to bang anyone ever for lots of reasons!
o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Klutz64

• I Like Wacky Hats
  • May Your Heart be Your Guiding Key
    • View Profile
« Reply #17258 on: July 21, 2016, 07:42:49 PM »
Got a job offer today. It doesn't start until the 8th of August. I am making less than my previous job.. But I was at my previous job for nearly 8 years. I will just have to climb that corporate ladder again.

Congrats, man! I hope you end up liking it at least as much as your previous job, or if not that you get a chance to quickly move on to something else you DO enjoy as much.

Andrew

• Editor Emeritus
    • View Profile
« Reply #17259 on: July 21, 2016, 07:55:56 PM »
I also have no clue whatsoever when a girl is interested, sometimes I kinda sorta get the impression a girl might be interested in me but then I tell myself I might be overestimating my own attractiveness and there's that part of my brain wants to stubbornly wait for a girl to make it painfully obvious that she's really interested before I invest myself in something that can hurt me.

To speak from my own life experience: sometimes you just have to go for it. It's very easy to doubt yourself, even when it's painfully obvious to everyone else two people are interested in one another. For example, my fiance and I knew each other for a few months before we started dating. During that time I was really interested in her, but had absolutely zero idea whether she was interested in me even though she was texting me all the time, sitting close to me, etc. etc. Looking back, it's crazy that I still doubted what she thought. it seems so obvious now, but I had so many doubts at the time. But, sometimes, you gotta just take the plunge anyway. Worked out well for us. :)

Agent D.

• Agent Bewear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17260 on: July 21, 2016, 08:08:17 PM »

Already exists

Those sugar coffee drink things are super addicting.

Speaking of haps and addicting I'm addicted to Wendys.
Be careful, Wendy's makes you fat....I know...cuz I'm fat.

...goddamn Baconators.

TASTY!

Rucks

• RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Salvum est Vita!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17261 on: July 21, 2016, 08:10:53 PM »
I also have no clue whatsoever when a girl is interested, sometimes I kinda sorta get the impression a girl might be interested in me but then I tell myself I might be overestimating my own attractiveness and there's that part of my brain wants to stubbornly wait for a girl to make it painfully obvious that she's really interested before I invest myself in something that can hurt me.

To speak from my own life experience: sometimes you just have to go for it. It's very easy to doubt yourself, even when it's painfully obvious to everyone else two people are interested in one another. For example, my fiance and I knew each other for a few months before we started dating. During that time I was really interested in her, but had absolutely zero idea whether she was interested in me even though she was texting me all the time, sitting close to me, etc. etc. Looking back, it's crazy that I still doubted what she thought. it seems so obvious now, but I had so many doubts at the time. But, sometimes, you gotta just take the plunge anyway. Worked out well for us. :)

It's been 3 years and I still can't believe my lady even talks to me

"This goes way beyond pumpkin spice" "Whale oil beef hooked"

Marshmallow

• RPGFan Survey Hero
  • OH NO OH NO OH NO
    • View Profile
« Reply #17262 on: July 21, 2016, 08:53:57 PM »
It's been 3 years and I still can't believe my lady even talks to me

I've been married to my wife for 3 years and we've been together for 10, and if I think too hard about that my brain starts to hurt out of pure bafflement that she's dealt with me this long.

Artimicia

• Banninated
    • View Profile
« Reply #17263 on: July 21, 2016, 10:12:21 PM »
I think a lot of people kind of like to sort of... hang back in relationships... in the same way a lot of people like to be the ones to kind of take the first step and be more like initiators.

So I think sometimes, especially nerdy people are stuck going "Oh shucks what should I do to get their attention!" and really it just boils down to putting yourself out there because someone will possibly just want you and be the one that kind of does that initiating sequence so to speak (all rockets launch), and you were worried about something only because people hadn't accepted what you are like yet.

I like people who are kind of the (receivers) so to speak not necessarily "submissive" per se but people who will be receptive to my ideas or desires, not necessarily the creator of them. I like people who are like me also but sometimes you can get kind of get more argumentativey... a little bit... anyway.

The haps is I've tried yet another place.. Le Pain Quotidien... it's pretty tasty, can't deny.

MMM Chocolate Croissants!
« Last Edit: July 21, 2016, 10:15:58 PM by Artimicia »
"I don't live by labels, I can be anything I want, I'd rather die a pauper than live on as someone else's fantasy!" - My best attempt at quoting the protagonist of Vandal Hearts 2.

Artimicia

• Banninated
    • View Profile
« Reply #17264 on: July 21, 2016, 10:18:27 PM »
Listen to Jawsh.  His advice is better than anything we could tell ya. 

The only thing I can add is not to let the fact that you haven't had a girlfriend before psychologically browbeat you.  That's easier said than done, I know.  I speak from experience. 

To tell you the truth, I didn't lose my virginity till I was in my 30s.  The culprit was a deadly cocktail of self-esteem issues, body-image issues, and things compounding on each other as age creeps up and you're all like, " Holy shit, I'm XX old and haven't YY yet."  I even wrote a song about that with my old punk band, and it was our most powerful song.  Granted, 2009 is when I made a massive lifestyle change to turn myself into a person I could be proud of, so it's better late than never and I try to look at my negatives as positives.  Like if a girl's going to give me a hard time about not being as experienced as other guys, then I'll know she's not patient and understanding- two qualities that are must-haves in a life partner.

Going in the reverse direction might not be such a great idea either, I had a relationship of pretty considerable intimacy (although not actually sexual intercourse... but the um... other stuff was enough for the time to really zazz me) er, a lot earlier than a lot of other people  and it really warped a lot of things... kind of wish I had sort of just been a typical boring student for at least a few more years, until I had a better idea of what I wanted exactly.

It's really all about connection I think... if you connect it's good if not... no sense getting bent out of shape over it, regardless of the exact age or time.

« Last Edit: July 21, 2016, 11:14:15 PM by Artimicia »