Author Topic: Whats the haps?

Daggerstrike

• Rainbow Club Member
    • View Profile
Re: What's the haps?
« Reply #17265 on: July 21, 2016, 11:01:14 PM »
Got a job offer today. It doesn't start until the 8th of August. I am making less than my previous job.. But I was at my previous job for nearly 8 years. I will just have to climb that corporate ladder again.

Congrats, man! I hope you end up liking it at least as much as your previous job, or if not that you get a chance to quickly move on to something else you DO enjoy as much.

Thanks. It's what I did with my old company when I started there. It's the same industry ad well and they use the same software. So I don't see it going terribly. I should be able to move up in a year.
All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.

Kevadu

• Some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #17266 on: July 22, 2016, 02:34:37 AM »
Who was it who was looking to buy a new figure?

Because damn

Frostillicus

• View Profile
« Reply #17267 on: July 22, 2016, 10:33:29 AM »
...goddamn Baconators.

I've had two of those in my life. One of those times was on a dare. Both instances, my body went in to a half-shutdown kind of state afterwards. No more of them for me.
Now, their spicy chicken sandwich? I can eat the shit out of those.

It's been 3 years and I still can't believe my lady even talks to me
I've been married to my wife for 3 years and we've been together for 10, and if I think too hard about that my brain starts to hurt out of pure bafflement that she's dealt with me this long.

That's when you know they truly love ya, fellas. ;) 

Been with my lady for 15 years (married for 6 of them), and there's no doubt she would have hauled ass by now if she couldn't stand this hot mess.
"Movies are better than people. You don't have to smell who you're watching." ~ Baby Cakes

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #17268 on: July 22, 2016, 10:57:14 AM »
I want to vomit.

This colleague is stressing me out to the point where I lose my appetite, and you know, want to share my partly digested lunch with the sewer rats. I'm aware this is very unhealthy, but I do like what I do, even if it means having to put up with people like her.

The past month (more like 6 weeks actually), I've been trying to get her to do her job. So many e-mails and text messages were send. Responses were rare. Now it turns out she's working with some misconception of what her assignments were supposed to be. She fucking everything up and her reaction is: "Oh, I guess there was some miscommunication." Yeah, no shit. Actually, wait, miscommunication isn't the problem. The problem is that there's barely any communication at all. And the logs prove that's not my fault.

I wish I could yell at her like some TV chef until she understands the importance of communication. But she'd just start crying and ask why I'm so mean to her. I did drop a "Don't worry, my expectations of you are so low, you couldn't possible disappoint me", and I'm going to get so much shit for that, because we're all supposed to be the super bestest friends in the whole wide world.

Klutz64

• I Like Wacky Hats
  • May Your Heart be Your Guiding Key
    • View Profile
« Reply #17269 on: July 22, 2016, 12:18:12 PM »
Who was it who was looking to buy a new figure?

Because damn

That was me, but specifically looking for a less intricate figure, lol
It is a gorgeous piece, though, but besides I know little to nothing about CCS

Annubis

• ee yan~☆
    • View Profile
« Reply #17270 on: July 22, 2016, 12:35:50 PM »
blurb

What are the legalities involved in mailing packaged puke to someone?
Is it covered under bio-hazard or is it A-OK?

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #17271 on: July 22, 2016, 01:33:22 PM »
blurb

What are the legalities involved in mailing packaged puke to someone?
Is it covered under bio-hazard or is it A-OK?

I assume that would be a biohazard, yes. A more direct delivery however... but that'd be to humilating for me as well. Wait. There's this little babyboom going on in our community and if she ever holds a baby, I hope it's one with good aim and a full stomach.

Artimicia

• Banninated
    • View Profile
« Reply #17272 on: July 22, 2016, 11:21:47 PM »
The haps is I'm done with the Wendys thing.... 2 bacanators/chicken sandwiches, 2-3 cokes/lemonade per day...  I think RPGfan would be pleased with my nutrition.

I think I did that for like a week... yeah.. but I'm still alive, wow.

I feel like I committed some kind of crime or something that's how weird I feel now looking back. Must of been a lot of stress or something.

"I don't live by labels, I can be anything I want, I'd rather die a pauper than live on as someone else's fantasy!" - My best attempt at quoting the protagonist of Vandal Hearts 2.

Klutz64

• I Like Wacky Hats
  • May Your Heart be Your Guiding Key
    • View Profile
« Reply #17273 on: July 22, 2016, 11:47:09 PM »
Red, white and blue Twizzlers are pretty delicious. Like a gummy candy version of those Rocket Popsicles.

Artimicia

• Banninated
    • View Profile
« Reply #17274 on: July 23, 2016, 12:03:42 AM »
Red, white and blue Twizzlers are pretty delicious. Like a gummy candy version of those Rocket Popsicles.

Twizzlers are pretty great... you made me think of those 4th of July popsicles those are pretty great also (Firecrackers?)
"I don't live by labels, I can be anything I want, I'd rather die a pauper than live on as someone else's fantasy!" - My best attempt at quoting the protagonist of Vandal Hearts 2.

Aurian

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #17275 on: July 23, 2016, 10:22:42 AM »
There used to be these delicious green apple "licorice" called Juicy Twists but nobody seems to sell them up here anymore. God I miss them :(

Dincrest

• RPGFan Editor
    • View Profile
    • RPGFan
« Reply #17276 on: July 23, 2016, 11:36:26 AM »
Haps...

Although I only did a 25 mile ride with my cycling club today, it was 25 of the most grueling miles I've done all year.  The ride was announced as a B/B+ pace (meaning 16-20mph cruising speed) but the leaders were gunning it and  the ride was more like a B+/A- pace (18-22mph cruising speed) and throughout the ride, I often found myself falling behind... but I always caught up (particularly on the hill climbs).  I'm still getting my "B legs" so this noticeably faster ride definitely pushed me.  I hung in there and didn't fade back into the slower group.  I kept saying stuff like, "I'm like the Lanterne Rouge.  That guy may finish last in the Tour de France, but he finishes!" and "If I don't push myself, I'll never get any better."  And there was one rider who also struggled to keep up with the pack (though she fared better than I did) and there were times she was considering throwing in the towel and falling back to the slower group, but when she saw that I wasn't going to give up and was hellbent on finishing (even though the last 1/3 of the ride had me a little gassed), she hung in there too.  And, yeah, it was pretty hot outside, but luckily today's route took us through a lot of shaded areas.  

I'm developing a quirky reputation with my club as an overenthusiastic climber, the guy who sings while riding (if I feel my pedaling getting erratic I sing "Breaking the Law" to even out my cadence; and I sing the Thundercats theme song when powering up a hill), and now Lanterne Rouge.   

And whenever I finish a good ride, the food I crave most is tabbouleh salad with chick peas.  I could eat that every day.  

And regarding candy, the best licorice is Dutch licorice.  All other licorice is nasty in comparison.  I'm sure Tomara will agree with me here.  I remember growing up eating Dutch licorice (like Dropje) for almost the first decade of my life living in Holland and when I came to America and tried black Twizzlers, it was nasty.  It tasted like artificially flavored plastic.  Hell, I think all Twizzlers and most American candy tastes like plastic to me.  The only American candy I kinda like is Reese's Cups, because I love peanut butter.  Otherwise, I get my confections from a local chocolatier about a 10-15 minute drive from my house.    
« Last Edit: July 23, 2016, 12:34:15 PM by Dincrest »
You can brag about your 5000+ friends on social media all you want, but riddle me this: how many of them would help you move?

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #17277 on: July 23, 2016, 12:01:46 PM »
Yep, real, good liquorice has plenty of actual liquorice in it. Kokindjes are nice, but I don't mind some laurierdrop either. But I have to admit my taste in sweets is extremely traditional (liquorice, anise, cinnamon - those are my types of flavour) and that plenty of Dutch people like the sugary foreign stuff.

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #17278 on: July 23, 2016, 02:09:41 PM »
Hah, wow, I think I've finally figured out what has been crippling my laptop for nearly a year now: the windows update service was running amok and sometimes eating up over 30% of system resources just for the heck of it. Restarting the service when it starts misbehaving seems to have solved the issue.

But... it starts acting up again 10-15 minutes later.

I wonder if it has something to do with me quite forcefully denying it its Windows 10 update.

Oh well, time to see if there are any permanent fixes.

Dincrest

• RPGFan Editor
    • View Profile
    • RPGFan
« Reply #17279 on: July 23, 2016, 07:44:03 PM »
Yeah, the button licorice.  So good!  I love the flavors of anise and cinnamon as well (I'd put cinnamon in everything if I could).  Whenever I go out for Indian food, I have to eat a handful of fennel seeds after the meal.  It cleanses my palate, freshens my breath, and aids digestion.  

(Mayhaps today's ride took more out of me than I thought.  Food's been on my mind more than usual today and I've had to rein myself in from gorging.) 

And, yeah, the Windows 10 thing is quite intrusive.  I'm holding out for as long as I can.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2016, 07:47:33 PM by Dincrest »
You can brag about your 5000+ friends on social media all you want, but riddle me this: how many of them would help you move?