Author Topic: Whats the haps?

Ranadiel

• View Profile
Re: What's the haps?
« Reply #18195 on: November 21, 2016, 05:10:32 PM »
Now I feel like a weirdo D:
Don't worry, you are OUR weirdo...just don't ever expect me to invite you over. :p

MeshGearFox

• HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18196 on: November 21, 2016, 06:12:12 PM »
The dumb thing about when you're used to living/spending time on your own to the point where, like, no longer WANT to spend prolonged amounts of time with other people (other rather it feels... intrusive?) is that you still occasionally get lonely/lost feeling and even though it's rare when it happens, it's still like

Huh. I really, really wish I had someone to actually *talk* to right now. (or Huh the weather's bad I really wish I had someone to give me a ride out to fast food Korean place because I'm a manchild scumbag that's afraid of cars and also lightning.)

Or maybe that's just me.

-- edit --

Figured out how The Atlas 2 stores city names. Imma go celebrate by doin' me some LAUNDRY nevermind I found clean pants cleaning me out a CLOSET.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 11:17:14 PM by MeshGearFox »
o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Klutz64

• I Like Wacky Hats
  • May Your Heart be Your Guiding Key
    • View Profile
« Reply #18197 on: November 21, 2016, 10:32:39 PM »
Time to get grumpy 'cause this week can get fucked and it's only day 2:

So yesterday I had to work despite being promised having the day off since I have to work the entire holiday weekend (Wednesday to Sunday) because the one other supervisor who is willing to work evening shifts is going on vacation. But since we are also the only two supervisors willing to work weekends, I was put on the schedule yesterday anyway.

On the way to work, a bird decided to shit on my jacket and at that point I should have just stepped into oncoming traffic because apparently that was a metaphor for my entire week. One good thing about working on Sundays is the cashier I work with can give me a ride home since we're practically neighbors. Except last night she had to go pick up her brother so I had to walk home. There was a wind advisory that dropped the 34 degree weather to 19 degrees.

Then today I had class in the evening. Everything was going fine, except for the fact that this essay I'm working on for another class is taking me forever because I am at my limit for writing essays and just want to rip my face off every time I sit down to work on it. Class goes as okay as it could, and we even get out over an hour early. Got out at 7:50 instead of 9:00. Awesome, right? Except as I get to the subway stop, the last subway is just then leaving and the next one takes over ten minutes to get there. So instead of taking the 8:20 bus home, I have to wait for the 9:20 bus which is the one I take home anyway. On my way home, I decide to take a break from reading textbooks and play a little Etrian Odyssey 3. It's a 40 minute trip home and as the bus approaches my stop I lose a character in a fight but figure I'm close to a spot I remember a shortcut being and close my 3DS figuring I'll make my way back to town after I get home.

So I get home and there's no shortcut where I swear to fucking christ there was supposed to be one, end up having to backtrack, get into a fight every 5 or 6 steps and lose the rest of my party one by one, losing all the progress I had made on my way home. And now that I'm home I have to get back to work on this essay and I want to scream until I cough up my lungs and die because tomorrow morning I have an appointment in Boston except I have no idea when it is and no idea who to call to find out because these shitheads keep calling me while I'm working and have no way of writing shit down and so I have to get up stupid early to get into Boston early enough in case the appointment is at 9 and probably have to wait two hours because it could also be at 11 I don't know I just want to crawl in to a hole and be alone forever.

EDIT: Small correction. Found a service online that let me check the time for my appointment tomorrow. Score one for me!
« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 11:49:58 PM by Klutz64 »

Tooker

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: What are the haps?
« Reply #18198 on: November 23, 2016, 05:52:32 PM »
We've run into an issue with the forums where threads with an apostrophe think you're trying to hack us if you have an apostrophe in your post as well.  To allow you to continue posting here, I've edited the thread's title to be "What are the haps?" instead of "What's the haps?"  Sorry for the trouble.  And the "fellow kids" feel of the new title. :)

I think I've gotten the common threads where this happens, but please let me know if you run into any other threads that need adjusted.

(Sorry to hear about your week, Klutz, that does sound pretty terrible. Hope things look up soon.)
Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut

Artimicia

• Banninated
    • View Profile
« Reply #18199 on: November 23, 2016, 08:51:10 PM »
What are the haps, fellow kids, is that it's close to "Thanksgiving" which is a puritan holiday here in the US and so I, like many I suppose, we'll be ditching media and other things in favor of just zoning out and not really thinking until next Monday, see you all again then, I imagine, perhaps, maybe, possibly.

"I don't live by labels, I can be anything I want, I'd rather die a pauper than live on as someone else's fantasy!" - My best attempt at quoting the protagonist of Vandal Hearts 2.

Dincrest

• RPGFan Editor
    • View Profile
    • RPGFan
« Reply #18200 on: November 23, 2016, 09:06:20 PM »
FEAST!!!!!!!

For me, Thanksgiving dinner is all about the sides: green bean casserole, potatoes au gratin, stuffing, cranberries, mac 'n cheese, roasted veggies....

I'm a vegetarian so I couldn't care less about turkey.  Heck, even when I used to eat meat, I never liked turkey or ham. 

We used to have the big Thanksgiving gatherings at our house because we kept an omnivorous kitchen so all my cousins who married Americans could eat at our house.  And even many of my cousins who grew up in strict vegetarian households were closet meat-eaters.  And everyone liked the way my mom used to roast a turkey.  I'm a believer in brining.  Oh, and even the elder aunties who were pakka vegetarian would skip the Indian food others had potlucked and would eat all the American sides like green bean casserole or mac 'n cheese, because it was a different vegetarian flavor. 

These days, Thanksgiving is hosted at my cousin's house, but I'm skipping that this year.  Thanksgiving is going to be quiet- just me and my mom.  Last year, Thanksgiving was crazy, what with dinner at my cousin's house immediately followed by a whirlwind trip to South Carolina to scatter my dad's ashes.  I had no time to relax and was exhausted from that and still trying to grieve.  So this year, I'm staying home and not doing a damn thing except play video games.
You can brag about your 5000+ friends on social media all you want, but riddle me this: how many of them would help you move?

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #18201 on: November 24, 2016, 03:17:32 AM »
We've run into an issue with the forums where threads with an apostrophe think you're trying to hack us if you have an apostrophe in your post as well.  To allow you to continue posting here, I've edited the thread's title to be "What are the haps?" instead of "What's the haps?"  Sorry for the trouble.  And the "fellow kids" feel of the new title. :)

So, wait did it say 'hacking attempt' because it thought users were aiming for an SQL injection?

Anyway...

How to look cool in front of a 10-year-old: gently correct her stance, then focus on your own bow and shoot a perfect 10.

(Lucky shot, but whatever. Please let me believe I'm cool!)

Also, it was apparently 'borrow shit from your senpai (without asking)' day and I got to play with a fully decked out Win & Win. That's like, nearly Olympic level equipment. Aside from not being used to the weight anymore (the riser alone probably weighs as much as the bow I usually use), I didn't do so badly. The owner doesn't use this bow much , so maybe I'll be able to borrow it again next week... If our local fujoshi doesn't mind. It was her idea to ask and unlike me, she has a lot of raw strength and makes holding it look really easy. My level of skill is a higher though, meaning I was hitting things more consistently. And hey, she tried my usual bow and she liked it (it does have a very comfortable grip). Maybe she'll want to stick to that one for a while.

zergrav

• Software Artist
    • View Profile
« Reply #18202 on: November 24, 2016, 04:41:29 AM »
So, wait did it say 'hacking attempt' because it thought users were aiming for an SQL injection?

You're basically right, yes, but the reason stems from of an out-of-sync database with its codebase (at least in part).

If you wanted to be super pedantic about it, I suppose, you could say it was bitching about it hacking itself? LOL :-D *cough* skynet *cough

Cheers, zergrav
When unrealistic solutions are required, reach into your satchel of Black Magic and make it a reality :)

zergrav

• Software Artist
    • View Profile
Re: Whats the haps?
« Reply #18203 on: November 24, 2016, 04:51:44 AM »
So, talked about it with Tooker, and we decided to change the name back to "Whats the haps?" (omitting the apostrophe, but who was anyone kidding if they thought grammar played a part in the title LOL xD )
When unrealistic solutions are required, reach into your satchel of Black Magic and make it a reality :)

Starmongoose

• Forum Moderator
  • Contributing Editor
  • I Mean Bismuth
    • View Profile
« Reply #18204 on: November 24, 2016, 05:07:45 AM »
I love how there was a committee meeting over the title of this topic.

Penguin Boss Demands You Join Our Discord!

CLICK HERE TO BE TAKEN TO THE RPGFAN DISCORD

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #18205 on: November 24, 2016, 05:12:50 AM »
I've seen better/worse. A friend of mine once shut down a staff meeting for hours just by offering cookies. She hadn't even baked them yet.

Starmongoose

• Forum Moderator
  • Contributing Editor
  • I Mean Bismuth
    • View Profile
« Reply #18206 on: November 24, 2016, 05:26:17 AM »
Tell me that story, how does that happen? XD

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #18207 on: November 24, 2016, 05:57:32 AM »
It's the cosplay princess I mentioned. A few years ago, she wanted to celebrate the birthday of her cosplay repair point at one of the Netherlands' largest anime conventions by offering home baked cookies*.  That in itself was nothing unusual. We're technically not allowed to sell food to attendees, but many small vendors hand out candy like it's Halloween. However, she wouldn't be in the vendor area, so she thought it would be considerate to ask permission formally. This request was discussed for several hours during an important staff meeting, essentially shutting it down because some dumbasses couldn't get back to more important topics. Crumbs turned out to be a breaking point, despite the area she was in being used as a makeshift eating area later in the day.

*Or 'koe-kjes', as she called them. Koekjes is the dutch word for 'cookies' and 'koe' means cow. She used two types of sugar to make two-coloured dough and the cookies were cow-shaped, so... Koe-kjes. Not even the worst pun we ever made.

Starmongoose

• Forum Moderator
  • Contributing Editor
  • I Mean Bismuth
    • View Profile
« Reply #18208 on: November 24, 2016, 05:59:24 AM »
Bureaucracy man..

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #18209 on: November 24, 2016, 06:07:01 AM »
Bureaucracy man..

The same people once outlawed handbags because they thought people could accidently strangle themselves with them in a panic. Safety first!

Ballroom dress cosplay that barely fit through doorways were totally okay, though.