Author Topic: Whats the haps?

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Computer Over. Virus = Very Yes.
    • View Profile
Re: Whats the haps?
« Reply #18285 on: December 05, 2016, 01:31:06 PM »
I got here a couple years ago because of Random Encounter, which I found by searching for "RPG podcasts".  Listened to the podcast for a while before I cracked and made a forum account.  And now it's my main internet hangout.
"You know, you're pretty cool too, Arvis.  You like good music, good games, and good tennis." - Divingfalcons

Klutz64

• I Like Wacky Hats
  • May Your Heart be Your Guiding Key
    • View Profile
« Reply #18286 on: December 05, 2016, 03:32:34 PM »
Kim's Harvest Moon reviews brought me here and now she's gone and I just stick around because I have nothing better to do.

J/K y'all are kinda cool I guess =P

Dincrest

• RPGFan Editor
    • View Profile
    • RPGFan
« Reply #18287 on: December 05, 2016, 04:21:07 PM »
Haps are: forum's busted.

I mean, it is for me, anyways.  I can still get around looking up "new responses" and such, but if I go into an actual subforum, it's full of errors.  And it puts every thread on its own page.

On a side note: Dincrest, your friend sounds annoying.

He's not a bad guy, but on the subjects of music and video games, he has his head up his ass.
You can brag about your 5000+ friends on social media all you want, but riddle me this: how many of them would help you move?

Artimicia

• Banninated
    • View Profile
« Reply #18288 on: December 05, 2016, 07:50:15 PM »
You know I think I came across RPGFan in like 2001 or something maybe because it had such a comprehensive music thing. Back in those days though I only interacted with gaming at a distance I guess, even though I was subscribed to Nintendo Power and everything I never really wanted to get into the arguments or talk about the franchises and stuff.

Actually, to be honest I kind of still don't sometimes, but something has pulled me into it all somehow.
"I don't live by labels, I can be anything I want, I'd rather die a pauper than live on as someone else's fantasy!" - My best attempt at quoting the protagonist of Vandal Hearts 2.

Artimicia

• Banninated
    • View Profile
« Reply #18289 on: December 05, 2016, 07:56:17 PM »
But now here I am with  Cure Passion avatar for some reason... at least I should get her cool outfit instead of her super feminine one, blargh this is the forum where I shared my 2 weeks of Wendys saga right? Yeah I'm still alive, although in retrospect yeah I feel like I nearly died.

It's been a strange year.
"I don't live by labels, I can be anything I want, I'd rather die a pauper than live on as someone else's fantasy!" - My best attempt at quoting the protagonist of Vandal Hearts 2.

MeshGearFox

• HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18290 on: December 05, 2016, 08:00:36 PM »
does liking individual posts do anything other than telling me that i liked them so that when i'm looking back through old posts i can feel really confused about why i liked them in the first place

anyway idgaf about anything anymore imma go clean out my closets. the last time i did that i found a copy of FFCC and some apples.
o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Artimicia

• Banninated
    • View Profile
« Reply #18291 on: December 05, 2016, 08:28:06 PM »

I mean, it is for me, anyways.  I can still get around looking up "new responses" and such, but if I go into an actual subforum, it's full of errors.  And it puts every thread on its own page.

He's not a bad guy, but on the subjects of music and video games, he has his head up his ass.

*Upturns nose* What a plebian!

thetrueelec

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #18292 on: December 05, 2016, 10:42:35 PM »
I found this site through the podcast sometime last year, then forgot my password for a couple months so only started posting recently.

Dincrest

• RPGFan Editor
    • View Profile
    • RPGFan
« Reply #18293 on: December 06, 2016, 06:10:48 AM »

I think we all have a friend or two like that, whose views on things are so insular it's like "dude, break out!"

As for the two weeks of Wendy's thing, have you watched the documentary Super Size Me, about the guy who eats nothing but McDonald's for a month?  Good film.
You can brag about your 5000+ friends on social media all you want, but riddle me this: how many of them would help you move?

Artimicia

• Banninated
    • View Profile
« Reply #18294 on: December 06, 2016, 10:02:00 AM »

I think we all have a friend or two like that, whose views on things are so insular it's like "dude, break out!"

As for the two weeks of Wendy's thing, have you watched the documentary Super Size Me, about the guy who eats nothing but McDonald's for a month?  Good film.

Yep that was a good documentary...

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Computer Over. Virus = Very Yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18295 on: December 06, 2016, 12:00:07 PM »
Haps are:

1) I "liked" my first RPG Fan forum post.

2) I was listening to the Downton Abbey OST on Youtube and there was an interesting comment chain under the track "Damaged".  The track was quite lovely, and the comment chain was talking about a particular work of fanfiction that this song reminded them of.  Some of the comments said that this fanfiction was "the greatest story they had ever read" and on the same level as the works of Oscar Wilde.  Curious, I clicked the provided link, warned that only "dicks" could hate this masterwork of literary prose.
Spoiler: show
It was a One Direction slash fic.
"You know, you're pretty cool too, Arvis.  You like good music, good games, and good tennis." - Divingfalcons

Agent D.

• Agent Bewear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18296 on: December 06, 2016, 12:52:52 PM »
Haps are:

1) I "liked" my first RPG Fan forum post.

2) I was listening to the Downton Abbey OST on Youtube and there was an interesting comment chain under the track "Damaged".  The track was quite lovely, and the comment chain was talking about a particular work of fanfiction that this song reminded them of.  Some of the comments said that this fanfiction was "the greatest story they had ever read" and on the same level as the works of Oscar Wilde.  Curious, I clicked the provided link, warned that only "dicks" could hate this masterwork of literary prose.
Spoiler: show
It was a One Direction slash fic.

Add "Had my first 'liked' forum post" to the haps.

TASTY!

Starmongoose

• Forum Moderator
  • Contributing Editor
  • I Mean Bismuth
    • View Profile
« Reply #18297 on: December 06, 2016, 01:06:44 PM »
Fighting against the "Like" feature on the forums while compulsively checking my likes.

Penguin Boss Demands You Join Our Discord!

CLICK HERE TO BE TAKEN TO THE RPGFAN DISCORD

Giga_Force

• SEGA Forever
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Reinforcements? I am the reinforcements.
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #18298 on: December 06, 2016, 01:13:45 PM »
Today is the day, guys! I'll FINALLY have The Last Guardian in my possession (I bought the Collector's Edition)! Final Fantasy XV will have to be put on hold for a week or two (crazy, I know). 
[Gamer, Collector] 🎮

PSN: Kenshin_EvoX

Currently Playing:

Waiting On: Final Fantasy VII Remake, Resident Evil 2

Frostillicus

• View Profile
« Reply #18299 on: December 06, 2016, 01:22:56 PM »
Fighting against the "Like" feature on the forums while compulsively checking my likes.

I think a "dislike" button should be added, to keep certain people from collecting too many likes. Think of it as combating swelled heads.
"Movies are better than people. You don't have to smell who you're watching." ~ Baby Cakes