Author Topic: Whats the haps?

Tomara

• View Profile
Re: Whats the haps?
« Reply #19740 on: September 25, 2017, 02:17:02 AM »
I'm sorry your obsolete electronics lived up to their unrealistic expectations.

Rucks

• RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Salvum est Vita!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19741 on: September 25, 2017, 09:14:05 AM »
There were houseguests.  They brought a movie with them.  It was on magnetic tape.

Yes, I still have a VCR, but I hadn't powered it up in years.  Was it going to screech and grind?  Was it going to smoke?  Was it going to mangle their tape?

Alas, the outcome was far worse than I feared.  The VCR worked perfectly, and the movie was hideously boring.

but did you use the tracking???

"This goes way beyond pumpkin spice" "Whale oil beef hooked"

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Computer Over. Virus = Very Yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19742 on: September 25, 2017, 11:37:50 AM »
There were houseguests.  They brought a movie with them.  It was on magnetic tape.

I'm having a hard time understanding this.  Who brings VHS movies when visiting friends?  And why?
"You know, you're pretty cool too, Arvis.  You like good music, good games, and good tennis." - Divingfalcons

Rucks

• RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Salvum est Vita!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19743 on: September 25, 2017, 11:53:40 AM »
I had a patron get mad at me this morning because our water fountain was "too far away from the front door" and he was too lazy to walk the 40 feet over to it.

Klutz64

• I Like Wacky Hats
  • May Your Heart be Your Guiding Key
    • View Profile
« Reply #19744 on: September 25, 2017, 01:03:41 PM »
I had a patron get mad at me this morning because our water fountain was "too far away from the front door" and he was too lazy to walk the 40 feet over to it.

I had a customer the other day get huffy with me because I told her I could help her on the next register over after she used her basket to push the "Please Use Other Register" sign out of her way and started unloading her stuff.

Amusing customers/clients/patrons are so much better than genuinely irritating ones.

ironmage

• chaotic neutral observer
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
  • I know what you did and I wholeheartedly approve
    • View Profile
« Reply #19745 on: September 25, 2017, 08:03:15 PM »
but did you use the tracking???

I didn't need to adjust the tracking, which is fortunate, since then I would have had to find the remote.

Agent D.

• Agent Bewear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19746 on: September 26, 2017, 01:53:03 PM »
4 days til my buddies amd I attempt this plane pull. Should be fun...if my tooth stops hurting before then. The fucking week before this stupid event and now my tooth wants to be a pain in the face... goddamnit.

TASTY!

Dincrest

• Bollywood Punk
  • RPGFan Editor
  • Educated Fool
    • View Profile
    • RPGFan
« Reply #19747 on: September 26, 2017, 05:50:31 PM »
Well that just plain sucks.  Hope the tooth decides to cooperate in time. 

Happens to the best of us.  I've had to either go wimp-mode or bow out of event rides due to health issues (e.g. bad knee, stomach virus) and it always bit big wind. 
"Golly, why can't I act right outside of a baseball game?"
     -Peppermint Patty

Agent D.

• Agent Bewear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19748 on: September 26, 2017, 09:48:10 PM »
Well that just plain sucks.  Hope the tooth decides to cooperate in time. 

Happens to the best of us.  I've had to either go wimp-mode or bow out of event rides due to health issues (e.g. bad knee, stomach virus) and it always bit big wind.
It's such a dull ache, barely noticeable until I stop doing things, but that's pretty much a guarantee to happen when I hit the sack. I've been sleeping crappily because of it the last 2 days, and pain relievers only help for a couple hours.

Meanwhile, I managed a 305 Standing Military Push Press today...hell of a way to end my heavy lifting training before the plane pull. After that, I'm focusing ALL of my efforts on dropping a few pounds.

TASTY!

Frostillicus

• View Profile
« Reply #19749 on: September 27, 2017, 10:49:35 AM »
^ Dude, if it's messing with your ability to sleep, you really need to go to the fuckin' dentist already. I forget what your deal with that is exactly, but you should really figure out whatever issue there is, and get 'er done.
Have the painful tooth taken care of. Put off all other recommended treatment in the meantime, and then cancel all future appointments once your discomfort is remedied. End of story.

Speaking of exercise, I've found out the hard way that I've been using bad form in my resisted push ups. Been getting some awesome stiffness and pain in my right elbow as a result. Understandably, it seems that form becomes increasingly important as you get older. ...Aging sucks.

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Computer Over. Virus = Very Yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19750 on: September 27, 2017, 11:00:12 AM »
I second the dentist idea.  You seem to have a lot of issues with your teeth, @Agent D.
"You know, you're pretty cool too, Arvis.  You like good music, good games, and good tennis." - Divingfalcons

Rucks

• RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Salvum est Vita!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19751 on: September 27, 2017, 12:29:28 PM »
just got back from the dentist. It sucks to go there and even though they spent half the visit praising me for how well I take care of my teeth, I still need to have 4 fillings replaced.  It's a bitch, but it's necessary if I don't want to have to sleep with a bite guard or get crowns later on...

Agent D.

• Agent Bewear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19752 on: September 27, 2017, 01:56:26 PM »
I told you guys, I went at the start of september. I have to get two wisdom teeth pulled and 1 tooth needs a cap. I asked the dentist however to hold off on amy procedures that may inhibit my ability to train at the gym until after the plane pull. I'm "SCHEDULED" for a follow up in november, but after this saturday I'm going to push for a closer date.

TASTY!

Frostillicus

• View Profile
« Reply #19753 on: September 27, 2017, 02:18:35 PM »
My bad. I didn't notice it.
I told you guys, I went at the start of september. I have to get two wisdom teeth pulled and 1 tooth needs a cap. I asked the dentist however to hold off on amy procedures that may inhibit my ability to train at the gym until after the plane pull. I'm "SCHEDULED" for a follow up in november, but after this saturday I'm going to push for a closer date.

My bad. I did not catch that. Good on you. You'll definitely be thankful once the shit is said and done.

Agent D.

• Agent Bewear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19754 on: September 27, 2017, 02:34:47 PM »
My bad. I didn't notice it.

My bad. I did not catch that. Good on you. You'll definitely be thankful once the shit is said and done.
It's cool, and it's not like it's unreasonably farfetched to think I hadn't done anything about it. It's just hysterically funny that this close to the event, my tooth wants to act up. I know it's just pressure along the gums and nerves because of the teeth "adjusting" due to the broken tooth, and thankfully it may already be done as it hasn't hurt since yesterday, but I'm still gonna finish these problems off as soon as I can call in an apointment aftet saturday. Matter of fact, I'm doing a whole slew of changes after the plane pull. Dieting, some weight loss, some long overdue doctor visits, and maybe even re-doing my bedroom...the feng shui is way off.

TASTY!