Author Topic: Whats the haps?

Rucks

• RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Salvum est Vita!
    • View Profile
Re: Whats the haps?
« Reply #19785 on: September 30, 2017, 12:05:37 PM »
Pulling up to the airport now. We pull in about 2 hours. I'm so not excited I can't even feign enthusiasm. Fuck mornings.

slay em D!

"This goes way beyond pumpkin spice" "Whale oil beef hooked"

Agent D.

• Agent Bewear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19786 on: September 30, 2017, 04:28:50 PM »
Welp, we came in about 21st for time, but I blame that on a bad start, my team was all over the place when the horn blew. Second try was for lowest total weight to move the plane,  we came in 8th for that at 2080lbs with 9 people, though I blame that on my last dude just running in and pulling before we called him in. Still, wasn't terrible. 2 teams beat us by less than 20lbs, 1 by only 2 and a half pounds. We also pulled WAAAAYYYYYYY late so I think nerves may have finally just settled down and adrenaline subsided, lost a lot of drive at that point

Still, 8th out of over 50 teams. Not terrible.

TASTY!

Agent D.

• Agent Bewear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19787 on: September 30, 2017, 07:07:06 PM »
https://youtu.be/eL_BEkRgIWY

Second pull attempt for low weight, took 9 of us, combined weight of 2080 pounds.
@Dincrest I know you wanted to see it.

TASTY!

Rucks

• RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Salvum est Vita!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19788 on: September 30, 2017, 08:51:49 PM »
^this is amazing. you're an ox buddy. so impressed.

Agent D.

• Agent Bewear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19789 on: September 30, 2017, 10:53:10 PM »
Thanks dude. Honestly, I feel like we got screwed a little by the last guy jumping in, the plane was moving already, he just added extra weight to our total. Still, was a worthy attempt for our first try ever...especially when you consider we spent no actual time training for it.

TASTY!

Dincrest

• Bollywood Punk
  • RPGFan Editor
  • Educated Fool
    • View Profile
    • RPGFan
« Reply #19790 on: October 01, 2017, 01:26:04 PM »
https://youtu.be/eL_BEkRgIWY

Second pull attempt for low weight, took 9 of us, combined weight of 2080 pounds.
@Dincrest I know you wanted to see it.

Buff Plankchest!

Slab Squat-thrust!

Big McLargeHuge!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFHlJ2voJHY

Seriously, though, that is freaking sick, brother.  Are you going to attempt it again next year? 

As for my haps, good club ride today.  Our 42 mile ride became a 44 mile ride because we were experimenting with a new loop and took a few wrong turns.  But like I always say, "We're not lost, we're on an adventure." 

Saturday was an accomplished day as well, thanks to the SA truck coming in and taking a whole bunch of furniture and stuff we do not need any more.  My mom and I are in the process of downsizing because, as much as we love the family home, it's too much house and too much mortgage.  We're hoping to get it on the market mid-month and hopefully find and move into a new smaller house before year's end. 
"Golly, why can't I act right outside of a baseball game?"
     -Peppermint Patty

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #19791 on: October 01, 2017, 01:36:43 PM »
Last night I had this weird Ys VIII dream in which Adol wanted to move an airplane that was in the way, but there weren't enough villagers. Good to know our own Dogi had no trouble :)

Agent D.

• Agent Bewear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19792 on: October 01, 2017, 01:51:56 PM »
@Dincrest yeah, I think I'll go again next year, but I'm probably going to actually train for the event instead of just coming in all "hurr me strong me lift things!". Gotta find a weighted sled for dragging to practice with now....

@Tomara Well, as long as I'm not wearing that unsightly lime green vest and purple pants combo I'm happy to be the resident wallcrusher.

TASTY!

Rucks

• RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Salvum est Vita!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19793 on: October 01, 2017, 03:40:57 PM »
A patron just got mad at me because the quiet room wasn't quiet enough. She was the only one in there.  I guess our furnace was humming too loudly for her to study...

everyone is insane, all the time.

Dincrest

• Bollywood Punk
  • RPGFan Editor
  • Educated Fool
    • View Profile
    • RPGFan
« Reply #19794 on: October 01, 2017, 05:17:46 PM »
@Agent D. Yeah, that makes sense.  Now that you know what it entails, you can train properly for it.  Like when I first started doing bike-a-thons a few years ago, I thought that because I had done the 100km ACS ride that I could do this 100km PD500 ride... both were completely different beasts.  The ACS ride was mostly flat, but the PD500 was mostly hill climbs.  Challenging hill climbs that ate my skills for lunch.  So now I know to train differently for it.  A 70km ride that's 85% uphill climbs can leave me more spent than a 107km ride that's mostly flat.  And I'm a wannbe climber. 

@Rucks I'm almost curious how this patron would handle that World's Quietest Room in Minneapolis that is reportedly so quiet you can hear your blood flowing and your organs churning. 
« Last Edit: October 01, 2017, 05:23:46 PM by Dincrest »
     -Peppermint Patty

Agent D.

• Agent Bewear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19795 on: October 02, 2017, 07:13:51 AM »
Got a call saturday to confirm a consultation appointment at my dentist for today at 7, which I was neither told about nor agreed to. I dropped my scheduled stuff back a couple hours to make it...

The fucking dentist isn't open til 9...

They close at 7....

No one is answering or calling me to see where I am...

Think I got got.

TASTY!

Agent D.

• Agent Bewear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19796 on: October 03, 2017, 07:51:42 AM »
Double post, yay!

So I'm trying to schedule surgery this week to get both my broken wisdom teeth removed. Have to go to a different location from my dentist for it, and then he still has about 8k worth of dental work to perform on me. Gonna be a fun few months :(

TASTY!

Frostillicus

• View Profile
« Reply #19797 on: October 03, 2017, 05:29:36 PM »
It's that time of year again. ...Time to play some scary games. Anyone else doing so this season?
I have Fatal Frame 2 and Among the Sleep lined up this time. If I have time, I'll finally get to Alan Wake as well. Aside from finishing the first level of AtS like over a year ago, I've never played any of these before.
I'm a bit excited about Fatal Frame 2, as many have said it is one of the scariest games they have ever played. I say bring it on. I'd actually like to do a "let's play", but in the end, I don't have the patience or equipment for something like that.
Looking forward to the scares!

Dincrest

• Bollywood Punk
  • RPGFan Editor
  • Educated Fool
    • View Profile
    • RPGFan
« Reply #19798 on: October 03, 2017, 06:01:24 PM »
When it comes to scary/creepy games, a few of mine that come to mind are Corpse Party, System Shock 2, and the Splatterhouse series.

I'm looking forward to both Halloween and Halloween Comic Fest. 
     -Peppermint Patty

Klutz64

• I Like Wacky Hats
  • May Your Heart be Your Guiding Key
    • View Profile
« Reply #19799 on: October 04, 2017, 01:03:23 AM »
It's that time of year again. ...Time to play some scary games. Anyone else doing so this season?
I have Fatal Frame 2 and Among the Sleep lined up this time. If I have time, I'll finally get to Alan Wake as well. Aside from finishing the first level of AtS like over a year ago, I've never played any of these before.
I'm a bit excited about Fatal Frame 2, as many have said it is one of the scariest games they have ever played. I say bring it on. I'd actually like to do a "let's play", but in the end, I don't have the patience or equipment for something like that.
Looking forward to the scares!

Used to do this, but then the industry decided to move away from releasing everything in November to releasing it all end of September through the beginning of October.