Author Topic: Whats the haps?

Tomara

• View Profile
Re: Whats the haps?
« Reply #19860 on: October 14, 2017, 04:16:19 PM »
Welp, been 2 days since the wisdom teeth removal. Skipped getting knocked out, and only had 2 wisdom teeth to remove anyway, so local anesthesia was fine. Took about am hour and a half from my arrival to get it done, pay the bill, and get out. Hell I walked 4 blocks to meet up with my old man to go home. First day after the anesthesia wore off was the worst, buy it was BARELY what I would call pain. Yesterday I was eating normally (albeit carefully). Today or tomorrow, I'm hitting up wendy's for a baconator...I feel I deserve one!

I also saves upwards of 2,000 dollars based on my initial price estimates since I skipped the sedation amd only had 2 teeth to pull out. Hooray!

If it still hurts, some paracetamol should be enough to take care of that. And I'm jealous, it took me over a week to be able to eat something worthwhile again... I don't know what a baconator is, but I hope you'll enjoy it!

Ranadiel

• View Profile
« Reply #19861 on: October 14, 2017, 07:16:24 PM »
Welp, been 2 days since the wisdom teeth removal. Skipped getting knocked out, and only had 2 wisdom teeth to remove anyway, so local anesthesia was fine. Took about am hour and a half from my arrival to get it done, pay the bill, and get out. Hell I walked 4 blocks to meet up with my old man to go home. First day after the anesthesia wore off was the worst, buy it was BARELY what I would call pain. Yesterday I was eating normally (albeit carefully). Today or tomorrow, I'm hitting up wendy's for a baconator...I feel I deserve one!

I also saves upwards of 2,000 dollars based on my initial price estimates since I skipped the sedation amd only had 2 teeth to pull out. Hooray!
So if you only needed two removed...what happened to the other two?

Agent D.

• Agent Bewear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19862 on: October 14, 2017, 08:45:45 PM »

Only had 2 wisdom teeth, other 2 didn't grow in apparently. Small miracles, huh?

TASTY!

Starmongoose

• Forum Moderator
  • Contributing Editor
  • I Mean Bismuth
    • View Profile
« Reply #19863 on: October 15, 2017, 02:52:15 PM »
Made 30 Carrot Cake cupcakes today, with fluffy cream cheese frosting. :) Thought I'd share here since it seemed relevant to the forum. Chocobo's, Gyshal Greens and Moogles!

Penguin Boss Demands You Join Our Discord!

CLICK HERE TO BE TAKEN TO THE RPGFAN DISCORD

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #19864 on: October 15, 2017, 04:01:42 PM »
They look cute and delicious. Is there anyone in particular you made them for or were you in a 'I need to bake, I don't care who eats it' mood?

Starmongoose

• Forum Moderator
  • Contributing Editor
  • I Mean Bismuth
    • View Profile
« Reply #19865 on: October 15, 2017, 04:04:32 PM »
Thank you. :)

The latter, but I know for a fact people will eat them. :P Half of them have already been poached by the guy I'm seeing for his work tomorrow. :P

Mostly I just wanted an excuse to practice sugarpaste work and making frosting.

Goblin Shark

• RPGFan Editor
    • View Profile
    • RPGFan
« Reply #19866 on: October 15, 2017, 04:09:49 PM »
Dangit, I want a gyashl greens cupcake.  Carrot cake with cream cheese frosting/icing is my absolute favorite kind of cake. 
You can brag about your 5000+ friends on social media all you want, but riddle me this: how many of them would help you move?

Starmongoose

• Forum Moderator
  • Contributing Editor
  • I Mean Bismuth
    • View Profile
« Reply #19867 on: October 15, 2017, 04:13:07 PM »
I feel the same Din, the spicy cake and the tangy frosting. It's the best combo!

Rucks

• RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Salvum est Vita!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19868 on: October 15, 2017, 11:54:53 PM »
Dangit, I want a gyashl greens cupcake.  Carrot cake with cream cheese frosting/icing is my absolute favorite kind of cake.

Hey, that was my wedding cake!

"This goes way beyond pumpkin spice" "Whale oil beef hooked"

Klutz64

• I Like Wacky Hats
  • May Your Heart be Your Guiding Key
    • View Profile
« Reply #19869 on: October 16, 2017, 12:28:08 AM »
By the way @Starmongoose is Scotland relatively danger free from Ophelia? Seems like it won't be quite the storm they were predicting, but I'm still thinking about ya this week and hoping you're safe!

Starmongoose

• Forum Moderator
  • Contributing Editor
  • I Mean Bismuth
    • View Profile
« Reply #19870 on: October 16, 2017, 06:58:47 AM »
@Klutz64 Well, the sky is a weird orange colour right now, they say it's gonna hit in a couple of hours. I'll let you know then, but I'm not worried. I'm not aware of any alerts being issued. I just hope we don't lose power, apparently a lot of people in Ireland lost power when it hit there an hour ago

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Computer Over. Virus = Very Yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19871 on: October 16, 2017, 10:09:42 AM »
I have had a disturbing revelation.  I ordered food earlier this evening and ordered two Snapples with my meal.  When they arrived, they came in plastic bottles.  To say I was disturbed by this ominous development would be an understatement.  Their glass bottles were iconic.  I hate that they switched in order to save money. ;_; :_; ;_;

Dude, I haven't had a Snapple Peach Tea in forever until Saturday, where I made the same disturbing discovery as you did.  This is awful.  Glass keeps it colder.

Also, @Starmongoose , I really like those cupcakes.  For some reason, I like the Gysahl Greens ones the best.
"You know, you're pretty cool too, Arvis.  You like good music, good games, and good tennis." - Divingfalcons

Frostillicus

• View Profile
« Reply #19872 on: October 16, 2017, 10:22:45 AM »
Snapple in plastic is a strange concept. I rarely drink the stuff, but it's difficult to think of it being in anything other than glass.

"Mexi-Coke."

Soda from Mexico is awesome. Squirt from there is fantastic, especially. Makes the local stuff seem crappy by comparison, which it is.

Only had 2 wisdom teeth, other 2 didn't grow in apparently. Small miracles, huh?

Apparently, some people get different amounts of wisdom teeth. My brother in law never got any. Lucky bastard. I had my fantastic four taken out at one time, so they knocked me out for it.
"Movies are better than people. You don't have to smell who you're watching." ~ Baby Cakes

Rucks

• RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Salvum est Vita!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19873 on: October 16, 2017, 01:11:11 PM »
Wedding was awesome. We had it in our backyard.  Which seemed like a great idea until someone clogged both of our toilets and it turned into a literal shit show.

"Those memories that will last a lifetime"

"This goes way beyond pumpkin spice" "Whale oil beef hooked"

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Computer Over. Virus = Very Yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19874 on: October 16, 2017, 01:41:57 PM »
Wedding was awesome. We had it in our backyard.  Which seemed like a great idea until someone clogged both of our toilets and it turned into a literal shit show.

"Those memories that will last a lifetime"

Your life is a sitcom.  YAY!
"You know, you're pretty cool too, Arvis.  You like good music, good games, and good tennis." - Divingfalcons