Author Topic: Whats the haps?

Annubis

• ee yan~☆
    • View Profile
Re: Whats the haps?
« Reply #20190 on: March 04, 2018, 10:00:35 AM »
what instances are there where doing the real thing is easier than the video game?

Running

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #20191 on: March 04, 2018, 10:26:57 AM »
Any daily acitivities in David Cage games. I'm shit at quick time events.

Klutz64

• I Like Wacky Hats
  • May Your Heart be Your Guiding Key
    • View Profile
« Reply #20192 on: March 04, 2018, 11:30:40 AM »
Winning a killing game would be easier in real life, because I wouldn't rely on elaborate plans that involve a mountain of props and traps to be later used as evidence.

Ranadiel

• View Profile
« Reply #20193 on: March 05, 2018, 06:33:14 AM »

This got me thinking about something.  While so many things are far easier in video games than in real life (e.g. fishing, karate fighting, even dating), what instances are there where doing the real thing is easier than the video game? 
Driving while obeying traffic laws.

Agent D.

• Agent Bewear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20194 on: March 05, 2018, 12:37:30 PM »
Lockpicking.

TASTY!

Kevadu

• Some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #20195 on: March 05, 2018, 01:14:06 PM »
Driving while obeying traffic laws.

Oh, this.  So much this.

Also, knowing where your feet are.

Ranadiel

• View Profile
« Reply #20196 on: March 06, 2018, 06:34:09 AM »
Lockpicking.
So does that mean you are playing Kingdom Come Deliverance too?

Agent D.

• Agent Bewear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20197 on: March 06, 2018, 08:17:30 AM »
Lockpicking.
So does that mean you are playing Kingdom Come Deliverance too?
Nah, just previous games with Lockpicking as a skill and my own knowledge of it.

TASTY!

Dincrest

• Public Relations Nightmare
  • RPGFan Editor
  • Insert clever quip here.
    • View Profile
    • RPGFan
« Reply #20198 on: March 06, 2018, 05:44:07 PM »
Lockpicking was the absolute worst in Shadow Madness. 
"The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." 
     -Hubert H. Humphrey

Frostillicus

• View Profile
« Reply #20199 on: March 07, 2018, 08:42:25 AM »
My Xbox 360 didnít sell the first time, so I re-listed it at a reduced price, and it sold in less than 24 hours. Gonna pack it up tonight for shipment tomorrow.
Iím honestly a little sad about itÖ I bought it new roughly 10 years ago, and have played some great games on it over that time (including one of my favorites of the Tales series: Vesperia). The ol' 'Box never gave me a single problem.
As silly as it sounds, itís like saying goodbye to a trusty friend. ...Adios, amigo.
"Movies are better than people. You don't have to smell who you're watching." ~ Baby Cakes

Dincrest

• RPGFan Editor
    • View Profile
    • RPGFan
« Reply #20200 on: March 07, 2018, 02:29:49 PM »
Letting go is always the hardest thing.  I gave up or sold consoles and games to old friends.  They are enjoying tons of play there rather than sitting on my table collecting dust.  I've mentioned before that I donated a couple of my old workhorse bass guitars to the music department of the high school I work at, and am glad that those instruments are inspiring the next generation of rock stars the way they inspired me.  On the opposite end, I acquired an amazing 6-string bass that had been languishing for a long time and I have plans to restore it some.  Make it really shine. 

I'm in the contemplative process of potentially parting with some of my comic books.  I loved those stories (some of which had profound effects on me), but a part of me thinks that they would be better served being read by someone else than just sitting in my collection box.  A few of my LP records too. 

...and watch this, all I'll end up doing is getting store credit for those things at various comic book and secondhand music stores in my area and buying new comics, collectables, and music. 
« Last Edit: March 07, 2018, 05:55:03 PM by Dincrest »
"The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." 
     -Hubert H. Humphrey

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Computer Over. Virus = Very Yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20201 on: March 07, 2018, 03:02:25 PM »
This reminds me that I should probably stop being lazy and start listing my old collection on Craigslist.

...that's really never going to happen.
"You know, you're pretty cool too, Arvis.  You like good music, good games, and good tennis." - Divingfalcons

Rucks

• RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Salvum est Vita!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20202 on: March 07, 2018, 03:46:09 PM »
getting this computer together is going to give me a panic attack

"This goes way beyond pumpkin spice" "Whale oil beef hooked"

Frostillicus

• View Profile
« Reply #20203 on: March 08, 2018, 09:11:14 AM »
Letting go is always the hardest thing.  I gave up or sold consoles and games to old friends.  They are enjoying tons of play there rather than sitting on my table collecting dust.  I've mentioned before that I donated a couple of my old workhorse bass guitars to the music department of the high school I work at, and am glad that those instruments are inspiring the next generation of rock stars the way they inspired me.

That was my biggest reason for giving it up. I've had my fun with it. It's time someone else enjoys that system and those games.
"Movies are better than people. You don't have to smell who you're watching." ~ Baby Cakes

Dincrest

• RPGFan Editor
    • View Profile
    • RPGFan
« Reply #20204 on: March 10, 2018, 10:35:01 AM »
New New Year's Resolution:

I resolve to change the batteries in my smoke detectors every weekend we have the "spring forward/fall back" time changes.  Because few things are more insufferable than a smoke detector chirping for Energizer 9-volts at 2 in the bloody morning.  I'm up every day at 5 AM, so sleep is more precious to me than the Ring is to Gollum. 

http://sloblogs.thetribunenews.com/joetopia/this-smoke-alarm-is-such-an-insufferable-nag/

So, yeah, I changed the batteries in my smoke detectors today.  Luckily, I always have a running supply of 9-volts because one of my basses has active electronics.  Also, luckily, my new house doesn't have high vaulted or cathedral ceilings that are all the rage these days on HGTV.  I actively sought out a home where "changing the batteries in my smoke detectors won't be a pain in the ass."  All I need is a step ladder. 
« Last Edit: March 10, 2018, 11:33:37 AM by Dincrest »
     -Hubert H. Humphrey