Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Computer Over. Virus = Very Yes.
    • View Profile
Re: Whats the haps?
« Reply #20340 on: July 13, 2018, 10:06:05 AM »
Sorry, Annubis. :(
"You know, you're pretty cool too, Arvis.  You like good music, good games, and good tennis." - Divingfalcons

Jimmy

• Wakens the Ferine Strain
    • View Profile
« Reply #20341 on: July 13, 2018, 07:05:02 PM »
So sorry for your loss, Annubis. My mother passed in 2012, and it was incredibly hard. Iím sorry youíre not getting any support from your family; I canít imagine how it would have been without support from my own family. If you need to talk to someone, just let me know.

Dincrest

• Public Relations Nightmare
  • RPGFan Editor
  • I have nothing funny to say
    • View Profile
    • RPGFan
« Reply #20342 on: July 13, 2018, 09:48:44 PM »
Losing a parent sucks.

Having a family who's apathetic, just wants to wipe their hands clean of everything, only comes together when it comes time to fight over the  estate/inheritance, and leaves the one decent person holding the bag sucks. 

All of the above?  Words can't describe the level of suck. 

Please tell me your mom left a will.  I don't envy anyone who has to step up and be the executor, especially if the deceased neglected to leave a will.  Because no will= shit show to the extreme.  Seriously, it's the legal shit following the death of a loved one that I think is more difficult to deal with than the emotional trauma. 
Sometimes I wonder if there was ever a time a last-place Olympic diver decided before their final dive, "I'm in last place, I have nothing to lose, I might as well have some fun with this" then yell "CANNONBALL!" from the diving board before launching into a cannonball.

Annubis

• ee yan~☆
    • View Profile
« Reply #20343 on: July 14, 2018, 12:35:34 AM »
Please tell me your mom left a will.  I don't envy anyone who has to step up and be the executor, especially if the deceased neglected to leave a will.  Because no will= shit show to the extreme.  Seriously, it's the legal shit following the death of a loved one that I think is more difficult to deal with than the emotional trauma.
There is one and as far as I know, it's 50/50 between me and my brother.
The question that remains is if he'll take his share or actually turn it down because he hated my mom that much.

Dincrest

• RPGFan Editor
    • View Profile
    • RPGFan
« Reply #20344 on: July 14, 2018, 07:43:08 AM »
My mom used to be a probate/estates & trusts paralegal, so she's seen her fair share of this stuff.  One thing she observed is that no matter how much the children may have hated their deceased parent, they all had no qualms about cashing in and things often got disgusting.  And if I'm not mistaken, your brother simply "turning it down" may not really be an option.  Parent says it in the will, it's the named party's responsibility now.  And if he does turn it down, I imagine it'll be an absolute nightmare to try and pass the buck.  You can't just instantly name another executor, be it another family member or a third party like a bank.  No one wants that responsibility.  Still, definitely consult a probate attorney on that stuff if you can.  It won't be cheap, but not having to deal with the legal headaches is worth the price, especially if/when you're grieving.  When my dad passed away, I couldn't think straight for months. 
Sometimes I wonder if there was ever a time a last-place Olympic diver decided before their final dive, "I'm in last place, I have nothing to lose, I might as well have some fun with this" then yell "CANNONBALL!" from the diving board before launching into a cannonball.

Greganox

• View Profile
« Reply #20345 on: July 14, 2018, 07:48:53 PM »
Played paintball for the first time as part of a friend's birthday. It was a lot of fun.

Electricb7

• View Profile
« Reply #20346 on: July 15, 2018, 02:09:22 PM »
Work is bumming me out.
My car finally craped out so I got a newer used car. Thats bill every month that will make sure I stay at my crappy job for 3 years.
I always come home so tired I dont want to draw or play games.
Rash on my lower back!

Dincrest

• RPGFan Editor
    • View Profile
    • RPGFan
« Reply #20347 on: July 15, 2018, 04:42:23 PM »
Work is bumming me out.
My car finally craped out so I got a newer used car. Thats bill every month that will make sure I stay at my crappy job for 3 years.
I always come home so tired I dont want to draw or play games.
Rash on my lower back!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-34Fdtg1dI (It's an NSFW Adam Sandler song about a lemon.) 

Hope your new ride is reliable. 

Electricb7

• View Profile
« Reply #20348 on: July 15, 2018, 06:04:06 PM »
yeah its got the 100,000 mile warranty. 2015 with low mileage and no accidents. Its basically brand new.