Author Topic: Whats the haps?

Tomara

• View Profile
Re: Whats the haps?
« Reply #20415 on: October 01, 2018, 08:38:21 AM »
You're in for a surprise.

The amount of mustard (and whatever else is thrown in there) varies from region to region and family to family, but yes, the soup is (nowadays) made from the condiment. That said, the mustard we use for soup is very different from the bright yellow stuff they serve in American-style fastfood restaurants.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2018, 08:40:50 AM by Tomara »

Agent D.

• Agent Bewear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20416 on: October 01, 2018, 01:48:31 PM »
Mustard is terrible....

I'm saying that because I'm allergic to it, but it still sucks.

TASTY!

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Computer Over. Virus = Very Yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20417 on: October 01, 2018, 02:52:52 PM »
Mustard is great in coffee, D, you should try it
"You know, you're pretty cool too, Arvis.  You like good music, good games, and good tennis." - Divingfalcons

Dincrest

• RPGFan Editor
    • View Profile
    • RPGFan
« Reply #20418 on: October 01, 2018, 05:24:20 PM »
Japanese mayonnaise in coffee was a thing in the game Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth. 

As for haps... not much beyond bicycles, bass guitar, books, and my non-B's: my day job and RPGFan. 
You can brag about your 5000+ friends on social media all you want, but riddle me this: how many of them would help you move?

Frostillicus

• View Profile
« Reply #20419 on: October 02, 2018, 08:37:13 AM »

There's no way you're being serious... That sounds like a terrible waste of perfectly good coffee.

My haps: A month or so ago, I bought my family tickets for a special showing of My Neighbor Totoro. None of us had seen it yet.
The show was on Sunday. We all completely forgot about it.
Dammit.
"Movies are better than people. You don't have to smell who you're watching." ~ Baby Cakes

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #20420 on: October 02, 2018, 09:23:25 AM »

There's no way you're being serious... That sounds like a terrible waste of perfectly good coffee.

You're correct, I was just messing with D.  He loathes coffee.  And then Dincrest ruined it by one-upping my attempt at being gross.  No way in the world would I ever waste coffee, coffee is glorious.

Also, that really sucks about missing Totoro. :(
"You know, you're pretty cool too, Arvis.  You like good music, good games, and good tennis." - Divingfalcons

Agent D.

• Agent Bewear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20421 on: October 03, 2018, 02:24:35 PM »
Take the coffee and mustard and dump em both in the toilet.

Best use of both those things.

TASTY!

Dincrest

• RPGFan Editor
    • View Profile
    • RPGFan
« Reply #20422 on: October 03, 2018, 05:26:48 PM »
Take the coffee and mustard and dump em both in the toilet.

Best use of both those things.

https://img0.etsystatic.com/006/0/6329570/il_fullxfull.384113082_r0qx.jpg

When it comes to mustard, I  don't like yellow mustard.  I prefer brown mustard and wasabi. 
« Last Edit: October 03, 2018, 05:28:38 PM by Dincrest »
You can brag about your 5000+ friends on social media all you want, but riddle me this: how many of them would help you move?

ironmage

• chaotic neutral observer
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
  • I know what you did and I wholeheartedly approve
    • View Profile
« Reply #20423 on: October 03, 2018, 07:04:53 PM »
American-style yellow mustard (like american processed cheese) is best served only as a cautionary example.

I like old-style french mustard; it's basically just mustard seeds soaked in vinegar.

Frostillicus

• View Profile
« Reply #20424 on: October 04, 2018, 10:25:32 AM »
I didn't like coffee until I was 31, when my son was born. It was pretty much necessary to make it through the first few weeks. I've actually met several people over the years since who also didn't like coffee, until they had kids.
Now, I love it. Nothing like a hot cup on a chilly Saturday morning.

On that note, @Rucks  will be pleased to know that I've already bulk-ordered some pumpkin spice coffee for the season, because it seems to be going quick. Cookie cutter as it is, it's damn delicious. ;)
"Movies are better than people. You don't have to smell who you're watching." ~ Baby Cakes

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #20425 on: October 04, 2018, 10:32:41 AM »
Ha ha, Frosty, let's not start that again! :P

And yeah, I'm with you, coffee on a quiet, chilly morning is one of the best things ever.  Especially with a croissant and video games.  I, too, went until about 30 without liking coffee.  The story of how I got into it is long and, at times, kind of funny (I think), but the short version is that I was working a lot and doing some volunteer work, and I noticed on volunteer days that I would get insanely sleepy  at 4pm, like clockwork.  So I started getting frozen coffees for a pick-me-up and it all spiraled from there to where now I drink coffee almost daily.

Rucks

• RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Salvum est Vita!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20426 on: October 04, 2018, 12:40:36 PM »
^ this

wake up early on a Saturday. Wife still in bed. Make a pot of coffee and play some RPGs until she finally scrapes herself back into existence around 1030.

Then make some breakfast.

Best possible use of a weekend.

"This goes way beyond pumpkin spice" "Whale oil beef hooked"

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #20427 on: October 04, 2018, 01:46:19 PM »
As different as Rucksy, Frosty, and I are, we have the important things in common: coffee and RPGs.

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #20428 on: October 04, 2018, 02:46:10 PM »
This is the mustard I use (but I pay the equivalent of $1,15, hah). It's fairly mild stuff.

As for coffee, I don't mind the taste, even black is fine with me, it's just not a taste I enjoy drinking. Coffee candy, though? Yes please.

Frostillicus

• View Profile
« Reply #20429 on: October 04, 2018, 03:09:17 PM »
As different as Rucksy, Frosty, and I are, we have the important things in common: coffee and RPGs.

Indeed. They are among the wonderful things that bring us together.

Coffee candy, though? Yes please.

I know I've mentioned this before, possibly even in response to Tomara mentioning coffee candy in the past, but I have to stay away from chocolate covered coffee beans, or I will eat them all in one sitting. Nothing like a combined sugar and caffeine rush to make you feel like your heart is going to explode.