Author Topic: Whats the haps?

Rook

• View Profile
Re: Whats the haps?
« Reply #20265 on: May 05, 2018, 08:37:37 PM »

Guess my time in gigging bands (especially Pool of Thorns) left me jaded, but that is how I felt during gigs when I saw some of those "midlife crisis/dad bands" on stage trying to be cool/look cool and just coming off like a bunch of man-children still stuck in 1987.  Also, no one was there to see them (because everyone they know is adulting and can't come out to shows), people at the show didn't care to see them (since they were mostly folks in their 20s who wanted to see cool bands with people their age and not "dad bands"), and I don't know... it just felt like I was watching a plant wilting.  Perhaps, objectively speaking, that's "wrong" but that is how I gut-felt. 

Maybe I'm turning into that very thing I despise and becoming a grumpy old man. 

This thing is hilarious: http://www.metalsucks.net/2011/03/03/being-in-a-band-is-for-losers-scientific-proof/

A very underrated good time: go see a tribute band of one of your favorite bands. For the most part Tribute bands >>>>>> the actual band when said band is over 50.

Dincrest

• RPGFan Editor
    • View Profile
    • RPGFan
Re: Whats the haps?
« Reply #20266 on: May 05, 2018, 09:35:50 PM »
Ehhh... that's not for me.  I'm not into tribute bands or cover bands at all.  I only like to go see original bands who compose and perform their own music.  Nothing against tribute or cover bands (or original bands busting out a cover or two to hook an audience), but I'm more interested in what music is and could be rather than what was. 

EDIT:  I had a rollicking good time going to a bunch of comic book stores for Free Comic Book Day dressed up as a Team Rocket grunt.  Even had random people take photos with me.  Some of the freebies are really good, like Stephan Franck's "Silver." 

And I have a new favorite meme:

I'm too old to begin my Jedi training

I didn't find a wardrobe to Narnia when I was 8

I never got my acceptance letter from Hogwarts when I was 11

I managed to reach age 19 without getting reaped

...So Gandalf better come knocking on my door when I'm 50!

Either that, or I encounter The Doctor. 
« Last Edit: May 19, 2018, 07:06:53 AM by Dincrest »
"Yes, there's lots of things to do if you're not so busy huffing and puffing."
     -Leonard the Wolf (Sesame Street)