Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2014, 04:14:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331801 Posts in 13585 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Alundra and Arc the Lad coming to PSN on 10.12.2010
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: Alundra and Arc the Lad coming to PSN on 10.12.2010  (Read 4183 times)
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2010, 02:12:21 PM »

I'm new to PSN and PSP.

Can I play these old games on a PSP?

Yes, you can play all the PSOne classics (except MotorToon Grand Prix).

I've got Cho Aniki on my PSP.

You're jealous, I know.

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2010, 03:21:22 PM »

I played Alundra briefly back when it came out. I don't remember why, but it didn't work for me.
I've always wanted to play the Arc games. Hmmm...

Wait for Arc the Lad 2. Arc the Lad is a decent game but the combat system is so basic that it suffers from Disgaea syndrome. Just level up the main character to the level cap and every enemy (even the final bosses) become a joke. And the level cap is only like...60? I can't remember but it's a low-ish number.

Of course you don't want to do this surprisingly. Your save data from AtL carries over to AtL 2, and there are points where you're suddenly forced to control the original cast...at the exact level they were at the end of your AtL save. So imagine my shock about 3/4th through the game when I suddenly have to solo a boss with a level 12 character...XD
Ivalice Alliance
Valendia Knights of the Peace

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2010, 08:07:26 PM »

I've never played Alundra, but I've seen a friend play it.  Looked okay, but everybody seems to love it.  How can you guys not like Arc the Lad 1 for 6$?!  That game is awesome, I was just thinking about it today.  It's only like 10 hours long, but the battle system and the storyline are decent enough to keep you playing.  If you really enjoy it you can do the optional 100 level dungeon to get a bonus character.  I bought the Arc the Lad collection long ago whenever it came out, but I only ever beat the first.  Got bored with the 2nd and never touched the 3rd.  Sounds like the Xenosaga series. 

Got bored with Arc II!?  Thats where the series shines!  III is a great ending to the trilogy.

Currently Playing-Re-visiting Wii and Xbox 360 games (finish backlog)
Waiting On-Bloodborne, Final Fantasy Type-O, Final Fantasy XV, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Wonderflick, The Last Guardian, Shenmue III
ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2010, 08:13:24 PM »

Honestly I can see how someone might get bored with Arc 2. A little over half-way through the game I started to relapse into my "Hurry up and give me more plot and less gameplay" phase and tried burrowing through the game to the ending. It took forever and a day and I wound up having to exploit the hell out of the final boss to win due to some wonky leveling. XD Good game but the pacing needed some major work.

Edit: After some thought; actually I think Arc will be a Day 1 purchase for me. If nothing else just for the Theme Music. Arc's Main Theme is on par with the Final Fantasy Anthem I think (personally I consider Arc's to be slightly superior).

Curious: Did anyone else pay through the nose for the Arc the Lad Collection for PS1 when it originally came over? I remember seeing copies in Wal-Mart and Gamestop that were like...$129.99 or so.  XD I wound up trading in a bunch of stuff to eventually own it. Needless to say for the price alone I had motivation to play that puppy to the final end.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2010, 08:33:58 PM by ZeronHitaro » Logged
insertnamehere

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2010, 11:04:57 PM »

I hope thousand arms gets released as a PS1 classic next.

come get high with me
ba dum tissssss
Masamune

XzMaSaMuNezX
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2010, 11:59:35 PM »

Curious: Did anyone else pay through the nose for the Arc the Lad Collection for PS1 when it originally came over? I remember seeing copies in Wal-Mart and Gamestop that were like...$129.99 or so.  XD I wound up trading in a bunch of stuff to eventually own it. Needless to say for the price alone I had motivation to play that puppy to the final end.

I think I paid $50 or $60 for it the day of release.  I think it was $60, but the extra $10 was justified by having 3 games in 1 package.  As for Thousand Arms, I have that game as well!  I've started it 3-4 times but never finished the game completely.  My PS1 backlog is huge and amazing at the same time.  I dunno if you'll see any Atlus games on PSN/XBLive.

Ivalice Alliance

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2010, 01:48:59 AM »

I bought the Collection on Day 1 at EBGames in 2002 and the Hardback guide for a total of like $100 I think.  It still is in new condition.  One of the best purchases I've ever made :)

Waiting On-Bloodborne, Final Fantasy Type-O, Final Fantasy XV, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Wonderflick, The Last Guardian, Shenmue III
ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2010, 02:35:00 AM »

It might've been $100. Been too long so I can't remember specifically. XD All I recall is, as a kid, seeing that collection box's price and going: O.O "Damn! What are the discs made out of? Gold?"

*sigh* Ah the days when collection/special boxes actually meant something. I almost regret being an honest gamer and trading in the fully complete Lunar 2 Collection Box. I'd love to still have Lucia's pendant.  :(
Ivalice Alliance

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2010, 02:58:33 AM »

It might've been $100. Been too long so I can't remember specifically. XD All I recall is, as a kid, seeing that collection box's price and going: O.O "Damn! What are the discs made out of? Gold?"

*sigh* Ah the days when collection/special boxes actually meant something. I almost regret being an honest gamer and trading in the fully complete Lunar 2 Collection Box. I'd love to still have Lucia's pendant.  :(

I never bought Lunar 2 but I have Lunar.  Working Designs always had the best packaging.  Even Vanguard Bandits and its guide was amazing!  I miss them :(

SnaggleToe
Indie Developer

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2010, 02:14:33 PM »

Both of these games deserve the attention.
.... Burn ground
Federax

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2010, 05:29:26 PM »

I live in Canada and I remember paying $149.99 for Arc the Lad Collection at EB Games when it came out.  Since I pre-ordered it, I received a watch with the collection.  It was the watch of the big guy  carrying strange boxes.  He also had of beard I think.   :(  I don't remember his name.  But I remember being very disappointed because I really wanted to have either Arc or Tosh on my watch.  But it doesn't matter anymore since I sold the watch.
SnaggleToe
Indie Developer

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2010, 07:22:37 PM »

Speaking of Arc the Lad, does anyone know what happened to the members of G-Craft? If memory serves they came from Square right?
Ivalice Alliance

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2010, 08:29:45 PM »

I live in Canada and I remember paying $149.99 for Arc the Lad Collection at EB Games when it came out.  Since I pre-ordered it, I received a watch with the collection.  It was the watch of the big guy  carrying strange boxes.  He also had of beard I think.   :(  I don't remember his name.  But I remember being very disappointed because I really wanted to have either Arc or Tosh on my watch.  But it doesn't matter anymore since I sold the watch.

I didn't realize maybe five years later after I bought the Collection, that there was another that came with the watch.  I felt kinda sad but oh well...

Ivalice Alliance

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2010, 08:30:24 PM »

Speaking of Arc the Lad, does anyone know what happened to the members of G-Craft? If memory serves they came from Square right?

Hmm, I never knew that if it's true. 

ULTROS!
People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Contributing Editor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2010, 09:51:37 AM »

"I feel ugly, I need a hard drink" - Maribel of Dragon Quest VII

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: