Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 30, 2014, 03:25:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
335195 Posts in 13725 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Mega Man Legends 3
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 Print
Author Topic: Mega Man Legends 3  (Read 10521 times)
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: July 23, 2011, 01:01:36 PM »

I'd wager it has more to do with the brainwashing. You ever been there recently? Half its members are in a cult that worships Sony as the new God or something.

ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: July 23, 2011, 01:04:56 PM »

Recently but only to access some old FAQs for FF8. I stopped caring about the forums years ago as they pretty much became a breeding ground for stupidity. Enough to the point where I'm not even inclined to look at any of them out of remote curiosity; and that's saying something considering some of the avatar-based forums I still peruse.
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: July 23, 2011, 01:06:37 PM »

It's almost amusing in a way to watch these people forfeit their free will to a faceless international corporation that doesn't even know they exist.

I say almost because it's more saddening to see the state of the human condition deteriorating this far.

ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: July 23, 2011, 01:12:56 PM »

What's even sadder is I'd actually consider that an improvement over the "who has the bigger boobs" style topics that used to flood said forums.
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: July 23, 2011, 01:18:18 PM »

I wouldn't. At least the participants of those discussions didn't sign their souls away when they bought a new game system.

Ivalice Alliance
Valendia Knights of the Peace

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: July 23, 2011, 02:05:39 PM »

I guess you guys didn't like those two videos? lol, sorry :(

Currently Playing-The Last Story, The Evil Within, Fable Anniversary
Waiting On-Bloodborne, Final Fantasy Type-O, Final Fantasy XV, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Wonderflick, The Last Guardian, Shenmue III
hell_snake

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: July 23, 2011, 02:17:36 PM »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but The Last Guardian is developed by Sony's Team ico, right?

That means Sony is the best corporation in the world by default. I kinda miss having my soul from time to time though...

"An unanswered question is better than an unquestioned answer"
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: July 23, 2011, 02:59:09 PM »

Activision is headed by Bobby Kotick, so they're assholes until something is done about him. Capcom and SE have been going this route recently and it pisses me off.

If it wasn't for Kotick Activisions wouldn't even exist today.  He literally saved the company.

I know it has become trendy lately to hate Kotick (even though he has been the head of Activision for a long time now...), but I honestly feel that most of that hate is completely unjustified.  If people dislike annual franchises so much then stop buying them.  Do't hate Activision for giving people what they want.  As for the whole Infinity Ward scandal, if you actually read about some of the stuff the Infinity Ward heads were doing (secret meetings with E-A while they were still employed by Activision, etc.) then their dismissal was completely appropriate.

hell_snake

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: July 23, 2011, 03:27:09 PM »

Activision is headed by Bobby Kotick, so they're assholes until something is done about him. Capcom and SE have been going this route recently and it pisses me off.

If it wasn't for Kotick Activisions wouldn't even exist today.  He literally saved the company.

I know it has become trendy lately to hate Kotick (even though he has been the head of Activision for a long time now...), but I honestly feel that most of that hate is completely unjustified.  If people dislike annual franchises so much then stop buying them.  Do't hate Activision for giving people what they want.  As for the whole Infinity Ward scandal, if you actually read about some of the stuff the Infinity Ward heads were doing (secret meetings with E-A while they were still employed by Activision, etc.) then their dismissal was completely appropriate.

Of course. If we're talking strictly business-wise, Kotick is actually pretty good at what he does. And people love CoD, regardless of what a minority of gamers on message boards think.

If the reason to hate him is how CoD is being milked, we should be directing our hate towards the market and not Activision.

"An unanswered question is better than an unquestioned answer"
Fei

!?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: July 23, 2011, 03:56:23 PM »

I blame the people who didn't buy Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D, because if Capcom's biggest franchise can't pull it off on the 3DS, how could Megaman, whom they accuse of being unpopular in the west.   ?
« Last Edit: July 23, 2011, 03:59:52 PM by Fei » Logged

If you re-spec your elduhz and own a Vita - http://twitter.com/BSNursery
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: July 23, 2011, 04:02:56 PM »

Oh please, is not people's fault that The Mercenaries 3D was a mediocre launch title at best.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 23, 2011, 04:18:32 PM »

I blame the people who didn't buy Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D, because if Capcom's biggest franchise can't pull it off on the 3DS, how could Megaman, whom they accuse of being unpopular in the west.   ?

A spin-off that's just a part of RE4/RE5 cut off and sold for full price, that has a lot of bad publicity due to the inability to delete save data, and had a successful port of SSFIV preceding it? Yeah, that's not a factor at all.
Fei

!?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: July 23, 2011, 08:51:06 PM »

Oh yeah, SSIV was Capcom.  Nevermind.

Still, you never know how tight their budgets are.  One flop like Mercs could ruin funding for a lower priority project (apparently MML3). 

If you re-spec your elduhz and own a Vita - http://twitter.com/BSNursery
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 23, 2011, 09:09:53 PM »

They might judge it as a poor market for shooters... or realize the games are significantly different and that a lot of people may see RE Mercenaries as just a bad value.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: July 23, 2011, 09:49:24 PM »

The "Capcom rigged the game to only allow one playthrough to killed the used sales" element might have had something to do with that.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: