Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 24, 2014, 01:56:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327337 Posts in 13403 Topics by 2163 Members
Latest Member: KashelGladio
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Mega Man Legends 3
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10 Print
Author Topic: Mega Man Legends 3  (Read 10070 times)
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: April 26, 2011, 11:24:08 AM »

Cross posting this from the Neptunia thread due to shear What the Christ!?!-ness.

Quote from: ZeronHitaro on April 15, 2011, 08:49:14 PM
Wait a second...Kenji Inafune is involved in promoting the sequel? So the grandfather of Megaman cuts involvement with the project he's been wanting to do for over a decade and is now involved in Neptune mk-II? What...the...*foghorn*?

I don't know if that means Neptune mk-II is just that good in concept or if MML3 is already that bad.

Bumping this for this ==>http://www.siliconera.com/2011/04/25/keiji-inafune-is-back-as-a-hyperdimension-neptunia-mk-2-cameo-character/

That's right, he's a motherfucking summon....

What the Christ!?!

As for why he's in this rather than working on MML3, look no further than this ==>http://www.siliconera.com/2011/04/22/mega-man-legends-3s-development-hinges-on-the-prototype-versions-reception/

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: April 26, 2011, 12:03:22 PM »

Aka: MML3's going to be the biggest fanbase tease in existence as it goes down in flames after having been built up to nearly Duke Nuke'em Forever proportions in terms of engine/game readiness?

It's almost a guaranteed "won't happen" because of the timing. The 3DS hasn't had nearly enough time to saturate the market enough to get enough players to show support for this. With summer coming up and gas prices hopping through the roof wallets are going to be tighter than ever, so I don't see 3DSs becoming a wide spread phenomenon until Christmas at least. Something like MML3 would need to be tested pretty much while the 3DS is at system saturation because the Legends split off has always been such a fan base divider.

For every person that loved MML 1 & 2 there has always been another roaring that it's the worst thing to happen to the Megaman franchise in history. Heck you even see major gaming outlets like Gametrailers touting it as the worst Megaman game of all time. Some people take word of mouth from outlets like that quite seriously; so even with a widespread audience MML3 would have an uphill battle if it's survival is based upon how well the prototype does. As is now...I don't see it surviving.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 12:10:20 PM by ZeronHitaro » Logged
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: April 26, 2011, 12:08:49 PM »

Wasn't the whole point of putting it on a handheld to cut back on the development costs of a current-gen game? Even with that, they still want to do this dumb "gauging interest" thing?
neogalahad

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: April 26, 2011, 05:25:36 PM »

Aka: MML3's going to be the biggest fanbase tease in existence as it goes down in flames after having been built up to nearly Duke Nuke'em Forever proportions in terms of engine/game readiness?

It's almost a guaranteed "won't happen" because of the timing. The 3DS hasn't had nearly enough time to saturate the market enough to get enough players to show support for this. With summer coming up and gas prices hopping through the roof wallets are going to be tighter than ever, so I don't see 3DSs becoming a wide spread phenomenon until Christmas at least. Something like MML3 would need to be tested pretty much while the 3DS is at system saturation because the Legends split off has always been such a fan base divider.

For every person that loved MML 1 & 2 there has always been another roaring that it's the worst thing to happen to the Megaman franchise in history. Heck you even see major gaming outlets like Gametrailers touting it as the worst Megaman game of all time. Some people take word of mouth from outlets like that quite seriously; so even with a widespread audience MML3 would have an uphill battle if it's survival is based upon how well the prototype does. As is now...I don't see it surviving.

all speculation, we all just have to wait and see.
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: April 27, 2011, 02:04:04 AM »

Wasn't the whole point of putting it on a handheld to cut back on the development costs of a current-gen game? Even with that, they still want to do this dumb "gauging interest" thing?

Well we all know what Capcom thinks of America's support for the series.

As I've mention before, the series died with Inafune's departure. We're in the corpse sodomization and defecation phase.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: April 27, 2011, 08:23:59 AM »

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/03/11/listen-to-voice-clips-from-mega-man-legends-3/
(Second English clip)

http://www.rpgfan.com/pics/Mega_Man_Legends_3_Prototype_Version/ss-001.jpg

Warning! Warning! 90's Cliched Tomboy Boy-Hater Detected! Abandon Game! Abandon Game!

Well...not literally. But I loathe Aero already. XP She better have one hell of a redeeming quality as the writers have managed to strike the one cliche that irks me just about as much as the "amnesiac hero" does to everyone else around here. I've seen that personality based over-used far too many times in American sitcoms to have any tolerance of it left.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 08:25:37 AM by ZeronHitaro » Logged
hell_snake

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: July 18, 2011, 09:51:19 PM »

http://www.capcom-unity.com/devroom/blog/2011/07/18/a_message_from_capcom

Found this on GAF. Bummer for those waiting for the game I guess.

"An unanswered question is better than an unquestioned answer"
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 18, 2011, 10:01:29 PM »

Merged. I actually posted it in the 3DS thread, but given that's not a dedicated MML3 thread I thought this would be better than locking for redundancy.
hell_snake

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: July 18, 2011, 10:06:52 PM »

Works for me... As long as I can lol @ the inevitable rage.

Capcom is freaking clueless this gen.

"An unanswered question is better than an unquestioned answer"
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: July 18, 2011, 10:12:57 PM »

Capcom is freaking clueless this gen.

Capcom has always being clueless. They just have luck to have such talented people working for them... that sooner or later left the company.
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 18, 2011, 11:05:33 PM »

They've gotten even more clueless. Between this and the really misguided decision to give Devil May Cry to Ninja Theory...

But I digress. It sucks that they didn't even get to the point where they could release the demo.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: July 18, 2011, 11:45:28 PM »

This is a bummer indeed. I always loved the style of these games.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: July 19, 2011, 12:38:54 AM »

And capcom has joined the ranks of shit.

TASTY!
ShiningHero

Lawlerabs

lightbreakerec@hotmail.com Blazeddc
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: July 19, 2011, 12:47:57 AM »

How does it join a rank it is already a part of?

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 19, 2011, 12:53:47 AM »

How does it join a rank it is already a part of?

This was the last game I REALLY cared about from them, and it had a reasonably strong chance of doing well given the current 3DS situation. Now it's all fighting games, misguided attempts at appealing to the western market, and some games I'm interested in but not EXCITED for.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: