Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 02, 2014, 08:41:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
330183 Posts in 13529 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Mega Man Legends 3
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 Print
Author Topic: Mega Man Legends 3  (Read 10290 times)
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: July 21, 2011, 02:43:36 PM »

http://www.capcom-unity.com/ask_capcom/go/thread/view/7371/28045345/Clarification_on_the_treatment_of_Megaman_fans_at_Comic_Con?pg=1

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: July 21, 2011, 02:53:09 PM »

...*facepalms audibly*
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: July 21, 2011, 03:01:21 PM »

Is MM Legends 2 rare or something? I was checking Ebay prices and they're insane.

ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: July 21, 2011, 03:03:23 PM »

Odds are it's probably part of a reaction to MML3 being canceled. It effectively killed any hopes of a PSN re-release so rabid fans are probably desperate to grab hold of any copy they can of their nostalgic game. Pretty much similar to what happened when Disgaea looked like it wouldn't be reprinted; I remember it going on Ebay in excess of $150 for a while.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: July 21, 2011, 03:09:15 PM »

http://twitter.com/#!/Capcom_Unity/status/94115858040881152

Capcom says: Objection!
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: July 21, 2011, 03:49:58 PM »

What I wonder is where all this hubris from companies like Capcom (and Nintendo) is coming from, where they think they can afford to just ignore their fanbase. This isn't the early 90s anymore.

Capcom and Nintendo are COMPLETELY DIFFERENT cases though. Capcom's problem is that its run by suits who want absolute control over the company and don't want to deal with all those whiny developers. They've more or less succeeded at accomplishing that task but with the caveat that they're in absolute control over an abandoned warehouse. Capcom's always been run by money grubbing businessmen, its just that for the longest time they've had people under them who knew how to put a game together, something that is thankfully, no longer true. They have Monster Hunter (grinding on menial tasks for the hope of enough loot to let you grind slightly less menial tasks ad nausium), Street Fighter + Whatever Vs. Capcom (now down to releasing character pack expansions for $70 a pop), and Resident Evil (no comment as I never cared about it to begin with) and they're outsourcing the development of these.

Nintendo's case (or more specifically NoA's case) is more due to the difficulties of distribution and a lack of a market than anything else. That and they're Nintendo, they won't say anything either way until they're good and ready and there isn't a goddamn thing anyone can do about it.

If anything Capcom's case is FAR MORE similar to Squeenix's than Nintendo's. In fact, it's more like an advanced case of what's going on with Squeenix since they still have the lead DQ designer/core team and Noruma (for whatever that amounts to). Capcom's got jack shit.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: July 21, 2011, 04:10:47 PM »

I was going to say Square doesn't have that same sort of hubris, but then I remembered Romancing Saga.

CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: July 21, 2011, 06:19:51 PM »

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=437748

WHAT. THE. FUCK?

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: July 21, 2011, 08:39:40 PM »

bit late to the party there CDFN

this PR meltdown is awesome and i am enjoying it very much
Fei

!?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: July 21, 2011, 10:03:40 PM »

Is MM Legends 2 rare or something? I was checking Ebay prices and they're insane

Odds are it's probably part of a reaction to MML3 being canceled. It effectively killed any hopes of a PSN re-release so rabid fans are probably desperate to grab hold of any copy they can of their nostalgic game. Pretty much similar to what happened when Disgaea looked like it wouldn't be reprinted; I remember it going on Ebay in excess of $150 for a while.

MML2 has been expensive for a while.  What I consider insane is probably different, but it's been well over $100 for almost a year (as far as I can remember :P)

If you re-spec your elduhz and own a Vita - http://twitter.com/BSNursery
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: July 21, 2011, 10:48:04 PM »

Hell, I saw it recently at a store downtown for $60 and didn't pick it up because I thought it was too expensive.

CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: July 22, 2011, 05:10:10 AM »

bit late to the party there CDFN

this PR meltdown is awesome and i am enjoying it very much

Wow, I had no idea things were so bad. I don't really care about MM but when I saw this on gaf I was blown away. What the hell Capcom? The sarcasm in the guy's answers is just... wow.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Ivalice Alliance
Valendia Knights of the Peace

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: July 22, 2011, 11:59:04 AM »

I'm not going to lie, I teared up watching that.  The art was good, the music was sad and now I really have to get a copy of Mega Man Legends 2 before the prices become impossible to obtain.  It may end up being as expensive as Panzer Dragoon Saga or some of all of the Neo-Geo games.

Currently Playing-Re-visiting Wii and Xbox 360 games (finish backlog)
Waiting On-Bloodborne, Final Fantasy Type-O, Final Fantasy XV, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Wonderflick, The Last Guardian, Shenmue III
Gerhilt

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: July 22, 2011, 12:19:18 PM »

http://www.facebook.com/pages/100000-Strong-for-Bringing-Back-Mega-Man-Legends-3/149316248475958 I found this while kicking around online, there trying to build up likes to remind Capcom that people actually want the game, check it out.
Maxximum
Not quite over gaming

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: July 22, 2011, 05:52:17 PM »

Its a matter if personal preference I guess, but I still say MM Legends isn't worth all the fuss. This is basically an invitation for Capcom to make a half assed game and overcharge for it because people will now blindly buy it just for the sake of "getting their way".

NOW PLAYING:
Hearthstone: I don't like card games, and yet I enjoy this.
Chaos on Deponia: Beat the first one, went straight for the second one, that says a lot.
F.E.A.R. 3 Feels rushed, but it's not bad
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: