Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 23, 2014, 02:25:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
337998 Posts in 13837 Topics by 2212 Members
Latest Member: WhiteWishes
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Rune Factory Oceans announced for the PS3/Wii
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: Rune Factory Oceans announced for the PS3/Wii  (Read 4544 times)
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2011, 01:15:32 PM »

The Wii version will run $39.99, while the Playstation Move-enhanced PS3 version will retail for $49.99.

My first reaction reading this was: can I get a non Move-enhanced PS3 version for $39.99 ?
=/
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2011, 01:25:31 PM »

Considering PS3 games are $60 at launch, $50 is pretty good. Aside the Move capability, it looks better too, having seen both at E3.

For anyone who hasn't seen the article Tides of Destiny is out on September 27th.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Klyde Chroma
LVL 12. Obsessive Compulsive Fruity Assassin

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: August 29, 2011, 12:10:56 PM »

In the last decade and a half I can honestly say that not too many JRPGs, that I've had an interest in,has slipped by me... Harvest Moon/Rune Factory has however....... That being said, this game looks pretty freakin' cool to me :)

So my question is should I just jump right in here when it comes out or play some priors in the series first? That is, are they standalone titles? If so whats worth my time and what is not? Anyone who could provide me some insight would be much appreciated :) Thanks

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.

OkamiGeisha

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: September 04, 2011, 03:33:09 PM »

So my question is should I just jump right in here when it comes out or play some priors in the series first? That is, are they standalone titles? If so whats worth my time and what is not? Anyone who could provide me some insight would be much appreciated :) Thanks

It looks like they're mostly stand-alones but with some characters from Frontier making a comeback in Tides of Destiny.   You might get a little burned out playing both one right after the other, but Frontier is worth getting. 
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 04, 2011, 05:05:46 PM »

The Wii version will run $39.99, while the Playstation Move-enhanced PS3 version will retail for $49.99.

My first reaction reading this was: can I get a non Move-enhanced PS3 version for $39.99 ?
=/

It'd be a waste of effort and more costly to make two versions over a bit of data that could harmlessly be in all copies. You can however get a non-HD (AKA the Wii) version for 39.99, though I guess you noticed that... Which I may do, depending on how much the wands add to the game.
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: October 13, 2011, 05:51:09 PM »

Nobody seems to have said so, but the game actually came out on the 8th instead of the 11th for some unknown reason.
I'll probably go get it this weekend as I can't say no to a game with beaches and hoes.
OkamiGeisha

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: October 18, 2011, 01:02:03 PM »

I've had it for a week.  I've got the PS3 version and you don't need Move.  A regular controller works fine. 

Anyone who liked Frontier will dig Tides of Destiny as well. 

There are some good changes and some bad changes but overall it's great. 

The good: I love the island exploration and the quests.  The farming is much easier and less time consuming, which is great IMHO.  You can farm all crops as long as you have tamed the monster that plants them, no matter what the season.  You can farm minerals, crystals and gems.  Overall, it's more difficult in terms of the combat and getting to the final floor of the dungeons. 

The bad:  Despite liking the overall difficulty, some of the attacks are cheap.  Sometimes it's not obvious how to advance the story.  You can't ride monsters or bring them into town but can fight with three at a time.  The combat controls aren't as good as Frontier though.       
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 01:03:51 PM by OkamiGeisha » Logged
Zyco
Hope I'm not the old guy!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: November 07, 2011, 06:58:09 AM »

Think OP meant Tides of Destiny for thread title.. I was about to make a new thread.

Just picked up Rune Factory Tides of Destiny for the PS3 this weekend for me and my wife to play thru.  I have been looking for Rune Factory Frontier for the Wiii for awhile with no luck, so was happy to find this (last copy) at my Gamestop. So far the game seems really good, I don't know why it seems to be such a niche or unpopular game style. But I think this and the Atelier alchemist series of games are a really good change of pace for me.. and my wife loves them.

I love how things are laid out in the game, its pretty cool how you ride a giant golem to discover islands in the ocean to gain items, pets and components. Sure combat is pretty simple but I love how its all skill based and you can level up pretty much everything to customize your character to the way you want. I am only a few hours in so I am looking forward to getting deeper into this one.

Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: November 07, 2011, 12:08:25 PM »

Think OP meant Tides of Destiny for thread title.. I was about to make a new thread.

'Oceans' is the original Japanese subtitle and this thread was started before an internation release was even confirmed, so...

Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: