Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 23, 2014, 04:22:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338067 Posts in 13842 Topics by 2214 Members
Latest Member: CoreSignal
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Fallout New Vegas
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15 Print
Author Topic: Fallout New Vegas  (Read 19046 times)
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« on: October 18, 2010, 12:00:12 PM »

Who plans to get this right away? I was planning to wait anyway, but announcing 360-exclusive DLC the day before release puts me off enough that I'll definitely wait and avoid the 360 version since I'm sick and tired of this crap, especially when they wait until people's orders are already locked in or shipping to state this.
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2010, 12:04:22 PM »

Review will be up tomorrow on the 'fan.

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Lazlowe1984
Restricted Members

Centurion

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2010, 01:38:01 PM »

Damn.Many of my friends who are getting Fallout NV on PS3 and PC will get really angry over the exclusive DLC.

Its not cool to do this on the release week.

Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2010, 04:09:52 PM »

We need a selective team of very profession 360/PC hacker. STAT!

=/
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2010, 04:32:13 PM »

It's almost certainly a timed exclusive, so it's not like we need a flashier way of stealing here.
Logick

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2010, 05:11:24 PM »

I'm personally gonna wait for the GOTY edition to be on sale in steam :P

"If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing."
~Malcolm X
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2010, 08:33:21 PM »

As big as a slut for Fallout as I am, I think I'm waiting to get this as a Christmas gift.  Amazon's already managed to lure me into preordering Fable 3 with a $20 credit, so that should do me for this month. :P

Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2010, 09:30:38 PM »

I'm purposely avoiding buying the 360 version because of the nonsensical exclusive DLC bit and went with the PS3 version instead.  Childish, perhaps, and it won't do anything in the long run, but it's still my tiny form of revenge.  
I'll get it for PC in the GotY version.  By the time it's released again some great mods will be out for it.

For that matter, since I've heard the title reuses textures and models from F3, they should be rather easy to mod into New Vegas. Can anyone confirm/deny?
« Last Edit: October 18, 2010, 09:35:13 PM by Cyril » Logged
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2010, 09:51:12 PM »

Honestly, my plan's been to get the PC version unless it sounds like it'll run like crap, which shouldn't happen. Should it though... yeah, going with the PS3 version. I'm tired of rewarding this shit, especially since it's typically just timed exclusives anyway.
Fei

!?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2010, 09:52:18 PM »

They should have made the DLC PS3 exclusive, since the PS3 is not nearly as piracy prone as the other platforms.

I was going to say that this may be a way to prompt people to actually pay for the 360 version, but I realized how dumb that is.  They will pirate the DLC too.

So yeah.  Lame.

If you re-spec your elduhz and own a Vita - http://twitter.com/BSNursery
Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2010, 09:54:21 PM »

They should have made the DLC PS3 exclusive, since the PS3 is not nearly as piracy prone as the other platforms.

I was going to say that this may be a way to prompt people to actually pay for the 360 version, but I realized how dumb that is.  They will pirate the DLC too.

So yeah.  Lame.

Yeah because every 360 owner has a modded console, lol.

I bet sales from the 360 version even with piracy would dwarf potential PS3 sales.

Anyways, PC gamer here. I am pissed even though I haven't played Fallout. This exclusive DLC shit is such crap.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2010, 09:56:13 PM »

360 piracy is probably on the same level as prior generations where there wasn't a handy soft mod to use. Probably a bit lower thanks to the XBL factor actually. You get too anal retentive and you end up punishing customers more than anything else.
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2010, 09:59:39 PM »

This exclusive DLC shit is such crap.
100% agree.

I hate the fact that because everyone has ties with others ($$$$$$$$$$), multi-platform games always have ONE superior version.
That's  just wrong on so many levels.
Fei

!?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2010, 10:32:27 PM »

So yeah.  Lame.

I bet sales from the 360 version even with piracy would dwarf potential PS3 sales.

Wow, I'm impressed!  That's probably true.

Why make it exclusive to 360 though?  That's what I was getting at.  Laziness?

If you re-spec your elduhz and own a Vita - http://twitter.com/BSNursery
Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2010, 10:34:16 PM »

So yeah.  Lame.

Wow, I'm impressed!  That's probably true.

Why make it exclusive to 360 though?  That's what I was getting at.  Laziness?

Money.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: