Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2014, 08:04:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319733 Posts in 13047 Topics by 2147 Members
Latest Member: TacoBell_Lord
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Fallout New Vegas
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15 Print
Author Topic: Fallout New Vegas  (Read 17822 times)
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2010, 10:35:57 PM »

Yeah, Microsoft comes forward, offers them a ton of cash, and they go exclusive with it rather than multiplatform. Alternatively, they outright fund DLC to be made, which actually wouldn't be as bad... though it's hard to imagine Bethesda NOT deciding to do so from the start.
Danku

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2010, 11:18:56 PM »

I'm getting it on 360 tonight, then I will get it on PC when the GOTY edition is eventually released. That way I will have all DLCs and give modders a chance to make great stuff by the time I get it on the PC.
Serene Prophet

sereneprophet@yahoo.com sereneprophet
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2010, 11:40:49 PM »

Im getting the PC Collectors Edition, because in my opinion this is one of the few CE's where the extra stuff is actually cool, and tangible.  I guess DLC wise, im not keen on it, but I know ill get it one way or another, so *shrug*.

Also just read a review, and it sounds GREAT!  Thanks for not letting me down Obsidian, Ive stuck with you despite AP and I have been rewarded.  Lol.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2010, 11:46:49 PM by Serene Prophet » Logged

-Give a man a fire, and hes warm for a day.  Light a man on fire, and hes warm for the rest of his life.-
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2010, 12:03:39 AM »

Im getting the PC Collectors Edition, because in my opinion this is one of the few CE's where the extra stuff is actually cool, and tangible.  I guess DLC wise, im not keen on it, but I know ill get it one way or another, so *shrug*.

Also just read a review, and it sounds GREAT!  Thanks for not letting me down Obsidian, Ive stuck with you despite AP and I have been rewarded.  Lol.

Who broke embargo?  Reviews were not supposed to be up twenty minutes ago, damnit.

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Serene Prophet

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2010, 12:05:11 AM »

It was Feed Your Console John.  Course the sites down now from all the traffic I assume.  Oh and Attack of the Fanboy has one up..though I dunno if id call it a review, but they labeled it as such.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2010, 12:07:56 AM by Serene Prophet » Logged

-Give a man a fire, and hes warm for a day.  Light a man on fire, and hes warm for the rest of his life.-
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2010, 12:26:04 AM »

It was Feed Your Console John.  Course the sites down now from all the traffic I assume.  Oh and Attack of the Fanboy has one up..though I dunno if id call it a review, but they labeled it as such.

Well balls to them.  My review is up!

Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2010, 12:38:44 AM »

Getting it on 360 here. Had it preordered for a while.

Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2010, 01:03:27 AM »

John, one question I haven't seen addressed in tonight's reviews: can you keep playing after the credits roll, or is that the end of your playthrough? Hope the question doesn't put us in spoilertown. If so, please ignore.

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
Serene Prophet

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2010, 02:19:06 AM »

As far as ive read, there is a solid end, so no playing through after you beat it.  What that entails, and how it will affect the DLC, who knows.

And solid review John.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2010, 02:25:06 AM by Serene Prophet » Logged

John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2010, 07:39:36 AM »

John, one question I haven't seen addressed in tonight's reviews: can you keep playing after the credits roll, or is that the end of your playthrough? Hope the question doesn't put us in spoilertown. If so, please ignore.

It's a hard ending.  Which was kind of disappointing, because my ending was pretty open.

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2010, 10:56:13 AM »

I'm guessing it doesn't do anything like send you back to your pre-finale state? Because I've been saying that's what I really think Bethesda should've done in regards to FO3, and any open world game where their narrative requires a real finale rather than just being the most significant questline in the game.

Anyways, all this talk about technical issues has given me a third reason to wait on the game, and more solid than the DLC: so they can maybe patch it up by the time a good sale hits. I figure chances are good that they'll put it on sale for Christmas, even if it's like $10 off, and I can grab it then.

(The first reason is time and money.)
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2010, 12:08:18 PM »

It makes it obvious when you're heading into the final mission - there's a big menu and it's like "OMG YOU ARE ABOUT TO DO SOMETHING."  I just made a save there and will go back and explore from there.

The bugs suck, they really do, but they're not game killers.  The rest of the game is good enough where it's cool.

daschrier

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2010, 03:49:37 PM »

I think any games with bugs should be avoided. Let the developers and publishers suffer lost profits and maybe eventually they'll get it right.
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #28 on: October 19, 2010, 03:53:24 PM »

I think any games with bugs should be avoided. Let the developers and publishers suffer lost profits and maybe eventually they'll get it right.

Disagree completely.  I'd rather play a game that's good, if buggy than a game that's shitty, but bug free.  Of course, I'd rather play a game that's good and bug free.

Lazlowe1984
Restricted Members

Centurion

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: October 19, 2010, 03:58:10 PM »

I just got it.Loving it so far

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: