Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 21, 2014, 11:24:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319313 Posts in 13037 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Fallout New Vegas
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15 Print
Author Topic: Fallout New Vegas  (Read 17787 times)
PaleRobbie
Podcast Host
RPGFan Editor

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 20, 2010, 09:46:22 AM »

Yup, I'm going to turn it off when I get home today.  I'm using an ATI card right now, so we'll see what happens.  I'm probably going to wait to play the damn thing until after a patch or two comes out.
MindCandy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: October 20, 2010, 09:50:58 AM »

You should never. EVER need to patch a game released on a console.

Currently playing:
Xbox 360 - NIER
Wii - Metroid Prime 2: Echos (trilogy version)
PSP - Disgaea
DS - SMT: Devil Survivor
PaleRobbie
Podcast Host
RPGFan Editor

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 20, 2010, 01:11:38 PM »

Turning off the steamcloud helped with the saving issue, but the game still freezes CONSTANTLY.  I've played for a total of two hours, and have had the game freeze seven times.  This is just horrible.  I'm supposed to be reviewing the game for PC, and the game is practically unplayable in this current form!
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: October 20, 2010, 02:39:00 PM »

Hmm, so far mine hasn't froze on PS3 yet, but I definitely get those FPS spikes where it temporarily freezes.  It seems to be once every 10-20 minutes.  I hear a lot of PS3 players have freezing issues - but from what I can tell some of them are from a bad installation.  I actually never had my PS3 version of vanilla F3 freeze on me until I downloaded Broken Steel.  Performance-wise, Broken Steel butchered the PS3 version's overall performance by adding more glitches and lowering my FPS. 

Anyway, since we're talking about PC bugs, I found this to be amusing.
http://www.destructoid.com/fallout-new-vegas-exorcist-edition
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: October 20, 2010, 03:37:14 PM »

Fallout 3 is the only game that has frozen on my PS3.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Masamune

XzMaSaMuNezX
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: October 20, 2010, 04:49:02 PM »

I'm playing it on 360, probably about 7 hours in.  Not really seeing any crazy bugs or game ruining stuff yet, although the game did freeze up on me once when I was running around the Mojave.  Maybe it'll get worse, but at this point it's no worse than Fallout 3 was before it was all patched up.  I just leave Auto-Save on incase something bad happens and I try to save in any major spots when I haven't auto-saved in awhile.  I don't really know why people are complaining about the bugs so much, how about complaining about areas being literally copy/pasted from Fallout 3.  Or the graphics not being updated whatsoever at all.

I'm not sure what people expected when they bought this game, but I got exactly what I was expecting.  Solild game, more of the same from Fallout 3 and some buggy/glitchyness - but nothing that is ruining the experience thus far.

Annubis
Image is from Magical Diary. It's the Deus Ex of VN/Dating sim

Voted most likely to become an evil dictator

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: October 20, 2010, 05:17:15 PM »

So you love paying 60$ for crap?
No wonder quality is dropping =/
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

a+dark+eclipse
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: October 20, 2010, 05:59:59 PM »

so much hilarity in this unboxing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOt4ToY0CdU&feature=player_embedded#!

"not collectors edition plastic, but that's ok"

"I'll read that later when I'm pooping"

Not being able to say "commemorating" or "commemorative"

"pogs"

and crap all over the bed.

Masamune

XzMaSaMuNezX
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: October 20, 2010, 06:24:23 PM »

So you love paying 60$ for crap?
No wonder quality is dropping =/

I would argue that quality is dropping because of microtransactions and DLC, not because a game is released with a few bugs.  I would also argue that you're in the minority if you think FNV is 'crap'. 

http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/fallout-new-vegas

Cumulative score of 85.  I'd say that's a little bit above average.

PaleRobbie
Podcast Host
RPGFan Editor

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 20, 2010, 07:03:54 PM »

I personally don't care about scores on Metacritic or GameRankings.  I care about the experience I'm having with a game, and this is borderline abusive to a consumer.  We haven't even gotten into NPC framerate drops.  This game should not have been released in this state for PC.  Fallout NV may be a good game, but I can't see it right now.  When the game won't even save properly and freezes every ten minutes you know you have a serious problem. 

I hope PS3 and 360 gamers are having a better time than us PC gamers are having right now.  Sounds like the problems aren't as severe on other platforms (can't wait to hear the "this is because of PC pirating" reasoning). 
Fei

!?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: October 20, 2010, 07:48:18 PM »

so much hilarity in this unboxing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOt4ToY0CdU&feature=player_embedded#!

"not collectors edition plastic, but that's ok"

"I'll read that later when I'm pooping"

Not being able to say "commemorating" or "commemorative"

"pogs"

and crap all over the bed.

Fallout Boy, hahaha.

If you re-spec your elduhz and own a Vita - http://twitter.com/BSNursery
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 20, 2010, 10:43:49 PM »

I hope PS3 and 360 gamers are having a better time than us PC gamers are having right now.  Sounds like the problems aren't as severe on other platforms (can't wait to hear the "this is because of PC pirating" reasoning).  

Nah, I think PC players are actually having an overall smoother time, or at worst will be better off in the long run, and maybe in the short term too. The game already received its first patch, and I've heard of people not having lockups or anything with the game. Know how you mentioned you had no idea what could be done for ATi users? That's because there ISN'T anything they need to do in regards to their video card, my brother's been on an ATi and told me it's been running fine so far. I'm on an nVidia card line that's apparently had issues so I really do need to wait, but it's definitely YMMV.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2010, 11:26:05 PM by Eusis » Logged
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: October 21, 2010, 01:22:24 AM »

http://twitter.com/bitmobshoe

Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: October 21, 2010, 01:28:38 AM »

Damn, I was about to post that.  I got my information from the Fallout wiki, though.
http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:Willooi/Bethesda_allegedly_pulls_bad_reviews_of_Fallout:_New_Vegas_due_to_ongoing_ad_campaign

I love Bethesda games, but I can't say that I like the company's decisions and their management at all.  Of course, they're a business and they're out to make money, I can accept that.  It doesn't mean I have to like or agree with it.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: October 21, 2010, 01:41:07 AM »

Damn, I was about to post that.  I got my information from the Fallout wiki, though.
http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:Willooi/Bethesda_allegedly_pulls_bad_reviews_of_Fallout:_New_Vegas_due_to_ongoing_ad_campaign

I love Bethesda games, but I can't say that I like the company's decisions and their management at all.  Of course, they're a business and they're out to make money, I can accept that.  It doesn't mean I have to like or agree with it.

Why would you accept it if you don't agree with it?

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: