Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 20, 2014, 06:31:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329274 Posts in 13490 Topics by 2177 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Fallout New Vegas
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15 Print
Author Topic: Fallout New Vegas  (Read 18399 times)
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: October 25, 2010, 05:55:33 PM »

I loved the radio in Fallout 3..."chomping that meat!"

Hate to break it to ya, but the word is "Chopping that meat". It's about a psychopathic butcher, not a cannibal, he loves to cut things up.

I took it that Pete is a sexaholic.
I don't see how he stays alive
Meat's gonna be the death of ole Pete, yeah

That line did it for me. I just imagined some dude having sex all over town.

Also in the lyrics "big sharp knife" = his penis
Lazlowe1984
Restricted Members

Centurion

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: October 25, 2010, 06:33:17 PM »

You don't melee deathclaws, you shotgun them in the face! =)

EDIT: BTW, I love the new shotgun surgeon perk *thumbs up*

I didn't say I melee Deathclaws but I wouldn't recommend shotgun up close.You will get surrounded  by 3 or 4 faster than you can say antidisestablishmentarianism

ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: October 25, 2010, 06:57:34 PM »

Y'know I have to wonder exactly how much testing the game was put through. :-/ The balance on everything is screwy. I finally got tired of dying because my more "Damaging" weapons weren't doing squat and instead whipped out the Re-barb melee weapon and started swinging wildly. Explain how having 50 points in Energy Weapons, 8 Perception, and a Plasma weapon with a Damage near 30 hardly scratched anything after multiple shots with VATS; while swinging a 22 Damage melee weapon, without VATS, a Strength of 6 and only 16 points in the Unarmed skill does far better damage and to multiple opponents?

Sense this game's stat systems do not make. XP
Prime Mover

All's fair in love, war, and the recording studio

Shattre
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: October 25, 2010, 07:12:52 PM »

To Yoda and daschrier:

I always took that song to be mocking the racist slurs that black men are all going to sleep with and rape all the women. I mean, it's the 1950s and you have a black man singing about some guy who runs around town chopping up people's wives. I think, back then, a lot of white people thought that that was all black men amounted to, and I think it's making fun of that. In fact, I'm almost POSITVE that that's what the song is about. Yeah, it's sexual.

PS: That's only Part 1 (hence the, "turn this record over" comment), the second part continues the story. Google for lyrics.

eelhouse.net
- order the new album

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 2, Trails in the Sky, Bioshock: Infinite
Currently Listening to: Devin Townsend, Dream Theater
Watching: Star Trek: TOS, Slayers, Doctor Who (as usual)
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: October 25, 2010, 07:59:14 PM »

Y'know I have to wonder exactly how much testing the game was put through. :-/ The balance on everything is screwy. I finally got tired of dying because my more "Damaging" weapons weren't doing squat and instead whipped out the Re-barb melee weapon and started swinging wildly. Explain how having 50 points in Energy Weapons, 8 Perception, and a Plasma weapon with a Damage near 30 hardly scratched anything after multiple shots with VATS; while swinging a 22 Damage melee weapon, without VATS, a Strength of 6 and only 16 points in the Unarmed skill does far better damage and to multiple opponents?

Sense this game's stat systems do not make. XP

PC? If so I'd  suggest this: http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=35240
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #125 on: October 25, 2010, 10:23:17 PM »

Also in the lyrics "big sharp knife" = his penis

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
Kurt Vonnegut
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: October 26, 2010, 12:32:26 PM »

Anyone finds that there's TOO MUCH AMMO in this game?
I play a rifle character and I have about 300 of every ammo needed after just a couple of hours in the game.

Also, my complaint is a dual-entendre since with the parts to make the bullets and bullets spam your inventory like crazy =/ pretty hard to sell your crap scrolling through all that.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 26, 2010, 12:35:03 PM »

I'm guessing it was designed with the idea in mind that if you're playing hardcore you're not going to be lugging around all that ammo anyway and need to find some quickly, whereas normal mode players will just stock up and blow through it.
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: October 26, 2010, 07:16:25 PM »

Nude patch:

http://www.gamesradar.com/pc/fallout-new-vegas/news/fallout-new-vegas-nude-patch-already-created/a-20101026112533858029/g-2009050816320911075

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
hell_snake

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: October 26, 2010, 07:37:46 PM »

I got the 360 version because I couldn't wait for the PC one...

I made a mistake :(

"An unanswered question is better than an unquestioned answer"
Danku

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: October 26, 2010, 08:33:15 PM »

My brother got it for free on 360 so I can't really complain. I just wish the load times weren't so bad, haven't had any other problems. Besides the Strip corrupt data thing when you kill that cowboy. If the load times get addressed for the 360 in the coming months, I'll definitely go back and put more than 30 hours into it. If not, I'll simply buy it on the PC, because this game deserves to be bought. Even with it's problems, the amount of quality content put into it is great, even for an open world game.

Also, people should play this on Hardcore Mode, it seems like the right way to play it. Not too difficult or tedious, but keeps the game balanced so you don't steamroll everything like in Fallout 3.
Lazlowe1984
Restricted Members

Centurion

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: October 27, 2010, 05:19:07 AM »

It won't hurt at first.However as soon as FalloutNexus gets effort into it,the PC version will be a completely elevated game compared to the consoles

Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: October 27, 2010, 05:32:28 AM »

It won't hurt at first.However as soon as FalloutNexus gets effort into it,the PC version will be a completely elevated game compared to the consoles

Truth.  That's why I went with the console version at first and will play the PC version later once some mods are available.  Some amazing mods are still being created for Morrowind 8 years later, and I mean mods that are bigger than the official expansions, so there's really no hurry.  In fact, the longer you wait the better the PC version will be.
Lazlowe1984
Restricted Members

Centurion

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: October 27, 2010, 01:59:34 PM »

Caeser's Legion and the Cazadores are the most aggravating enemies ever.They don't have powerful armor yet they soak up 5.56 ammo easily

Also they always travel in groups >:(

Masamune

XzMaSaMuNezX
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: October 27, 2010, 04:12:40 PM »

Cazadores are by far my most hated enemy.  They aren't so bad with Grim Reaper's Sprint, but that makes everything easier.  I'm level 22 with 32 hours clocked and I've still yet to really focus on the storyline missions.  Really enjoying this game, I don't think I'm even gonna bother with Fable 3 until I've completed Fallout NV.  Seems like most people who can only buy one or the other are going with Fable, which really baffles me.  I think Fallout is a superior series in just about every way, but that's just personal opinion.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: