Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 22, 2014, 09:23:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327182 Posts in 13393 Topics by 2163 Members
Latest Member: KashelGladio
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Professor Vs. Gyakuten Saiban (Layton Vs. Ace Attorney) announced for the 3DS
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Professor Vs. Gyakuten Saiban (Layton Vs. Ace Attorney) announced for the 3DS  (Read 2190 times)
ULTROS!
People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Contributing Editor

View Profile

Ignore
« on: October 19, 2010, 08:19:31 AM »

Capcom/Level-5 Project announced via L5 Press Conference.

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gufhYicCUs4
« Last Edit: October 19, 2010, 08:34:53 AM by Hoshino_Kid » Logged

"I feel ugly, I need a hard drink" - Maribel of Dragon Quest VII

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2010, 08:40:13 AM »

Oh! So this is the big secret game they were working on? Good idea for a crossover.
FlamingR1ft
RPGFan Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2010, 08:42:00 AM »

"Objection!"

"Only after a spot of tea, my good fellow."

Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2010, 09:17:50 AM »

...not sure if want.
ULTROS!
People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Contributing Editor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2010, 10:45:16 AM »

I've been thinking if I want to get this game since I hate Professor Layton (yes, I'm probably the only person who finds the Layton series boring as hell and the puzzles getting frustrating over time) yet I love Phoenix Wright.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2010, 10:46:52 AM by Hoshino_Kid » Logged

"I feel ugly, I need a hard drink" - Maribel of Dragon Quest VII

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2010, 10:59:42 AM »

Oh fuck, I already linked the Neogaf thread in the thread that... uhh, technically IS about this.

Well, I'll just redirect everyone here then.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2010, 11:11:30 AM »

This looks AWESOME!!!
Not sure how they were Phoenix being there - curious about that.  Strang to see people with tiny dotted eyes and plump noses amidst more "ideal" anime looking types (which are quite ironically, a tad more anatomically correct).
Awww... I wouldn't want them AGAINST each other though! =(

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2010, 11:15:46 AM »

They'll team up half way through when a common enemy appears, Dice.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2010, 11:20:27 AM »

It's probably like those Dracula VS Frankenstein or whatever movies where the two barely have any scenes together, let alone fight each other.
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2010, 11:41:52 AM »

Also nice to see a revamped Phoenix Wright - the old GBA graphics were seriously sad to be seen on DS.

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2010, 01:10:20 PM »

Quote from NeoGAF:

Quote from: thetrin
I'll be very happy if Layton and Luke solve puzzles to gain clues for Phoenix to use as evidence in court. OH MAN!
Quote from: slaughterking
How great would it be if the game starts with Layton or Luke being accused of whatever and Phoenix has to defend them in court. Like this would be introductory case where the two parties come together for the rest of the game. Aww yeah, that would be great. *laugh.gif*

The 3DS is going to be like the god of gaming.

Also nice to see a revamped Phoenix Wright - the old GBA graphics were seriously sad to be seen on DS.

Sad is when people still waste their money on Square Enix games, the reboot of Devil May Cry or that we still have to wait more for GT5.
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2010, 01:34:59 PM »

Quote from NeoGAF:

Quote from: thetrin
I'll be very happy if Layton and Luke solve puzzles to gain clues for Phoenix to use as evidence in court. OH MAN!
Quote from: slaughterking
How great would it be if the game starts with Layton or Luke being accused of whatever and Phoenix has to defend them in court. Like this would be introductory case where the two parties come together for the rest of the game. Aww yeah, that would be great. *laugh.gif*

The 3DS is going to be like the god of gaming.

Sad is when people still waste their money on Square Enix games, the reboot of Devil May Cry or that we still have to wait more for GT5.

I *pray* the outcry over the 3DS price will bring the cost down though - i want it soooo bad. =(

CastNuri
AMG A GIRL

There are no coincidences.

CastNuri
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2010, 01:47:14 PM »

This could be awesome! :-O

I love the Layton games but haven't play any PW (do have a copy of the first game though). Guess this gives me further incentive to do so.

"It is a silly game where nobody wins. " ~ Thomas Fuller ~

http://castnuri.tumblr.com
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2010, 02:05:45 PM »

I've been thinking if I want to get this game since I hate Professor Layton (yes, I'm probably the only person who finds the Layton series boring as hell and the puzzles getting frustrating over time) yet I love Phoenix Wright.

I actually agree with you that the puzzles don't make a good attempt to make sense within the story (You have a couple but a lot of times they're completely contrived anyway, like there being 4 detached cranks to a switch for no reason). A lot of the puzzles feel like something I could find in one of those old random puzzle collection booklets or on any given newspaper. They're not bad, just...uninspired.

That being said, I enjoy a puzzle game every now and then, and with the colorful graphics and lighthearted story to go with it, I still like Layton. Story for the second game was pretty stupid though, IMO. They also got even lazier with the puzzles because they had no attempt at a difficulty curve.
Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2010, 02:32:18 PM »

I was in doubt of getting a 3DS right away, but the more I see it the more I want it. And even though I don't care for any of the remakes, Professor Layton, Phoenix Wright and Resident Evil are reason enough for me to buy it.

But I hope they release the remaining Professor Layton games yet to be localized for the DS instead of the 3DS (like Capcom did with the Phoenix Wright games, as the first 3 ones were GBA games and for us only DS games).

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: