Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2014, 04:56:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334516 Posts in 13704 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Vending machine win
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: Vending machine win  (Read 2641 times)
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2010, 06:53:18 PM »

To be fair, that's in the middle of friggin nowhere and I still don't think those are used panties.  I think people really exaggerate these things.  It may exist but it's hardly normal or common.  You think you won't find any strange crap in some backwater place in the US?  I spent a great deal of time walking around Akihabara and while there is plenty of weird stuff there I didn't see anything like that.

Look harder then ->  http://zepy.momotato.com/2010/08/07/its-a-hot-summer-have-some-chilled-panties/
Lucca
AMG A GIRL

SUGAR PEAS!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2010, 07:20:23 PM »

I've seen Japanese vending machines up close, and they're /amazing/. What was neat is I went to a drink vending machine (which are everywhere) in one of Tokyo's parks. This vending machine was smack dab in the park, next to a restroom. It was a fairly warm day so I thought I'd get some tea. I figured that it'd be iced becuase that's what you get in America. Right? WRONG. The tea was actually HOT TEA. From a machine filled with coke products. It was amazing!

I've seen hot coffee, corn soup, hamburgers, fried chicken, fries, and udon. On cold days Japanese people will actually just buy hot stuff (including corn soup) to warm up their hands. Japan also has something that's delicious and I can't find it in America, and that's Banana Juice. Just straight up Banana juice. You'd think it'd be gross, but it's absolutely creamy and delicious.

Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2010, 07:41:00 PM »

To be fair, that's in the middle of friggin nowhere and I still don't think those are used panties.  I think people really exaggerate these things.  It may exist but it's hardly normal or common.  You think you won't find any strange crap in some backwater place in the US?  I spent a great deal of time walking around Akihabara and while there is plenty of weird stuff there I didn't see anything like that.

Look harder then ->  http://zepy.momotato.com/2010/08/07/its-a-hot-summer-have-some-chilled-panties/

Not a vending machine! ;)

Well, I wasn't there during the summer...

Perley
Gunslinger Extraordinare

You feelin' lucky, punk

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2010, 07:40:58 AM »

I think it just amazes me that they sell so many heated products in vending machines. These things just seem so convenient. Are they trying to get rid of the fast food joints and small noodle shops with these? Like I said it doesn't seem like there's a limit on what they put in them. It would be funny, yet very disturbing, if Japan invents the first Scud vending machine.

Also banana juice does sound kinda gross. Then again i hate the taste of banana when it tastes like banana. I like mine slightly green, with a slight bitter taste.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2010, 08:40:27 AM »

I bet that this is fake, but is all kinds of WTF. :p

Japan also has something that's delicious and I can't find it in America, and that's Banana Juice. Just straight up Banana juice. You'd think it'd be gross, but it's absolutely creamy and delicious.

Banana Juice? Never heard of such a thing, but I would like to try it. I'm all for eat new stuff.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2010, 12:42:55 PM »

At 100 yen that has got to be fake ;)

MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2010, 01:40:38 PM »

Those bananas don't even look ripe.

Some of the rest areas in Ohio have awesome vending machines, especially if you're heading to cincinnati, cleveland, or uh, Chicago. If you take the bypass and not the route that goes through Bumfcuk, Indiana, anyway. which you shouldn't because Indiana is terrifying.

On the other hand most of those rest areas also have the phrase "Dog Sex #1" carved into every toilet seat which is fucking odd because I saw the same thing on the way to Florida one year.

It's like those Toynbee tiles, only furry-er.

CS building

Man, the CS building at BGSU is total crap. It's like... basement is a just this empty, unfinished loop with some labs off of it, first floor is a bunch of classrooms which are poorly maintained (and there are only ever CS classes in three of them since BGSU stopped funding the CS department and gave half the building to Woman's Studies or something. WTF), and the top floor is this labyrinthine maze of offices and I'm aware that labyrinthine maze is redundant go suck a dick, Batman.

Anyway OSU's CS building is just confusing since it's a bunch of really loopy, awkward floors. like, four or five of them. And every floor except the first looks identical. Also Dreese, the CS building, is connected to Baker Systems, which is the electrical engineering building and where I have Swedish class after they moved Swedish out of the ceramic engineering building.

Hindi class is in the actual foreign language building, of course.

Apple iPod gadgets vending machine

Call me when they have Sansa vending machines.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2010, 03:03:52 PM »

I saw a vending machine that was one of them grab games but all the prizes where basketballs.

There were some odd ones too w/ baseball teams or hockey teams. Or just generic "MLB" logos.

I wanted the Twins one to light it on fire and send it to hell
Darilon
Level 5 Spoony Bard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2010, 03:24:48 PM »

I saw a vending machine that was one of them grab games but all the prizes where basketballs.

Our ones tend to have teddybears with 20 euro notes attached to them.

Azrael

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2010, 03:26:00 PM »

I think it was Mitch Hedberg that said this, but I want a Vending Machine that sells Vending Machines...
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2010, 03:55:57 PM »

Our baker had a bread vending machine, but I heard someone murdered it to get to the soft, fluffy insides :(
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2010, 04:01:39 PM »

I think it was Mitch Hedberg that said this, but I want a Vending Machine that sells Vending Machines...

That sounds like a Stephen Wright joke...

"Sign said breakfast served anytime. So I ordered an omelette... during the Renaissance"
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2010, 04:18:46 PM »

It's from Mitch Hedberg's CD "Mitch All Together." :)

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
Sensei Phoenix

Sensei+Phoenix
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2010, 12:56:08 PM »

In the Macy's here in NJ they have a machine that vends iPods, DSes, PSPs, key drives shaped like C3PO, etc. There's another one that vends Proactive products (y'know, the acne medication). It's odd.

DIGIBOOTY AHOY!
Perley
Gunslinger Extraordinare

You feelin' lucky, punk

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2010, 10:52:20 AM »

Ok, now WTF.

That has got to smell bad after a while. They need to interview the guy who comes up with shit like this and ask what the hell he was smoking.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: