Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 29, 2014, 04:21:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329917 Posts in 13522 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Halloween Haps
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: Halloween Haps  (Read 2708 times)
CastNuri
AMG A GIRL

There are no coincidences.

CastNuri
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2010, 05:06:02 PM »

Personally, I feel pretty indifferent to Halloween. I grew up overseas so we never really celebrated it, but I think it can be fun dressing up, especially for kids.

Ditto. Halloween isn't big in Malaysia but I was always 'aware' of it when I was a kid (something to do with the influx of costumes at Toys'r'us). :P

Found out recently that Edinburgh is doing a Zombie Walk and am thinking of going if I can nudge some friends into limping around city center for two hours.

"It is a silly game where nobody wins. " ~ Thomas Fuller ~

http://castnuri.tumblr.com
ShadowLaguna

Rattle your goddamn head!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2010, 05:11:34 PM »

Halloween isn't exactly huge in New Zealand either, but there are the folks to celebrate it. For me, it's just an excuse to dress up as something awesome, and to drink. Probably find someone's party to attend for this event. Thinking of dressing up as Slash this year.

Wii Number - 1981 9892 1002 5530
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2010, 09:29:12 PM »

Personally, I feel pretty indifferent to Halloween. I grew up overseas so we never really celebrated it, but I think it can be fun dressing up, especially for kids.

Ditto. Halloween isn't big in Malaysia but I was always 'aware' of it when I was a kid (something to do with the influx of costumes at Toys'r'us). :P

Found out recently that Edinburgh is doing a Zombie Walk and am thinking of going if I can nudge some friends into limping around city center for two hours.

Oh yeah! The zombie walk! They do that every year.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
insertnamehere

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2010, 10:26:26 PM »

I'm thinking going trick or treating may be fun this year, even though I almost all candy except chocolate.
I would probably go as a main (male) character from nearly any hentai game
plain white button-up tshirt and jeans

come get high with me
ba dum tissssss
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2010, 11:07:48 PM »

If I give out anything for tricker-treat it'll be raw corn.

Why?

Because I'm a dick.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2010, 10:56:10 PM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2010, 12:16:41 AM »

My best Halloween was when I was a kid... and my parents *made me* dress up as a Christmas Tree.... I got first place in a costume contest.  It's probably because I WAS THE CUTEST LITL THANG or something.  I dont give myself credit for much.... but I do give credit to my CHEEKS.

... but a Christmas Tree, really folks? =(

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
TurnBasedDude
Ys Man
Rainbow Club Member

hotshot562@hotmail.com Alcazard0 emmy_sols
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2010, 12:28:34 AM »

I'll be in an anime convention this halloween weekend. Yeah, that is quite dorky of me, despite being 23. I actually don't do raving parties, nor any drinking. Aside from conventions, I just generally would rather take it easy and just chill with some good friends on a nice, quiet day (essentially what I do virtually every Jersey Trip). I just seem to have this strong dislike for youngins 18-to those closer to my age, and like hanging with an older crowd way more.

As for halloween at my end, it feels pretty much dead. At my time, there were a lot of trick or treaters, and was people ringing at the door before. Now, nothing at all happens. I see no decors, no kids roaming around. Hell, there is not even any egging or teepeeing as weird as that might sound. Just seems like this generation does not give a damn in my neighborhood.

Xbox Gamertag: Gig01
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Zapper101
insertnamehere

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2010, 01:33:26 AM »

My best Halloween was when I was a kid... and my parents *made me* dress up as a Christmas Tree.... I got first place in a costume contest. It's probably because I WAS THE CUTEST LITL THANG or something. I dont give myself credit for much.... but I do give credit to my CHEEKS.

... but a Christmas Tree, really folks? =(

I know of a movie that has a little boy dressed up as a christmas tree but for christmas
I can't find that part online though :(
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sowza4inFb8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjhx9WfpofE

come get high with me
ba dum tissssss
Prime Mover

All's fair in love, war, and the recording studio

Shattre
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2010, 01:08:30 PM »

Please... this "haps" shit has gotta go. It reminds me of the first time I heard "hella" back in the 90s, I almost smacked the little kid who said it.

eelhouse.net
- order the new album

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 2, Trails in the Sky, Bioshock: Infinite
Currently Listening to: Devin Townsend, Dream Theater
Watching: Star Trek: TOS, Slayers, Doctor Who (as usual)
Azrael

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2010, 01:18:50 PM »

Please... this "haps" shit has gotta go. It reminds me of the first time I heard "hella" back in the 90s, I almost smacked the little kid who said it.

It's a regional thing.  People still say "hella" on the west coast in the north, like the Bay and Seattle and places like that. 
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2010, 01:29:56 PM »

"Hella" is used by people in California a lot. Came from Asian workers' bastardization of "hell of a" because they would slur words together. Yes, that's actually where it came from.

I probably won't be doing anything different on Halloween. I have a huge sweet tooth so I eat sweets pretty regularly anyway. =P

Around my neighborhood, Halloween was decently popular when I was a kid, though I don't have any crazy stories of tricks, only treats. Then starting several years ago, kids just stopped coming...I'd see maybe 4 or 5 groups of kids the entire night. Was depressing since it only reminded me of how quickly my childhood escaped me. I hear it's still pretty big in other neighborhoods, though.
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2010, 01:37:07 PM »

Here the trick or treaters stop coming by at like 7 or 7:30 PM. Weird. And they only come by in the span of a couple hours or less....

My cousins and I used to trick or treat all night. Or at least, it felt like all night, and that's what our full pillowcases indicated afterwards. Then again, we know which areas would have the best/most candy. =P

Now I make my brother share his chocolate. or buy it for half price on November 1st. =P

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2010, 01:44:32 PM »

My sister has decided she is too old for trick or treating now :(

So it seems I can't even steal her sweets anymore.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2010, 02:00:34 PM »

It's quite big around here(here being the burbs of Chicago). We normally get +/- 200 kids. Every city has set times for trick or treating. Our hours are 3:30-6. I think this is idiotic because if Halloween happens during the week, things are all screwed up due to school and parents working. I also think it sucks because all trick or treating is done before it gets dark. "for safety reasons" say the uptight soccer moms. Bunch of wusses. Halloween is WAY cooler in the dark.

Playing:
Reading: Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson
Azrael

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2010, 02:02:58 PM »

It's quite big around here(here being the burbs of Chicago). We normally get +/- 200 kids. Every city has set times for trick or treating. Our hours are 3:30-6. I think this is idiotic because if Halloween happens during the week, things are all screwed up due to school and parents working. I also think it sucks because all trick or treating is done before it gets dark. "for safety reasons" say the uptight soccer moms. Bunch of wusses. Halloween is WAY cooler in the dark.

I can only speak for where I live...it HAS gotten pretty damn dangerous.  I don't go out myself on Halloween night at all because of it.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: