Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 25, 2014, 09:00:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334806 Posts in 13711 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Halloween Haps
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: Halloween Haps  (Read 2777 times)
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« on: October 20, 2010, 03:55:22 PM »

I love Halloween parties and my friend Tom throws a huge one every year. He has a massive loft in an old brewery near 18th street in Chicago. Huge stage w/ rock band, crazy decorations and tons of people dressing up.

Last year I was braveheart (I'll post a pic later).

This year I'm dropping the ball a bit and being Dwight from the Office. My hair is about the right length and all I have to do is gel it up and part it. Find a mustard shirt at the goodwill and blammo.

I'll probably wear the costume to the 1/2 marathon on Sunday for kicks, but I'm worried about chaffing.

What are your plans?
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2010, 04:07:02 PM »

I stay inside and close the curtains and hide from the little children dressed as clowns :(

I also watch Hocus Pocus.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
CastNuri
AMG A GIRL

There are no coincidences.

CastNuri
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2010, 04:13:14 PM »

I haven't seen that in forever! Used to love it!

Have no plans for Halloween yet. Might go see a horror film with my friend or something, maybe we'll dress up.

"It is a silly game where nobody wins. " ~ Thomas Fuller ~

http://castnuri.tumblr.com
Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2010, 04:21:08 PM »

I try and watch new (at least to me) horror flicks every year too. Last year I caught Let the Right One In and loved it. Dead Snow was ok.

I want to try and get some old school classics, like Suspiria.
(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2010, 05:02:34 PM »

The best Halloween movie ever, no contest.

I study at Ohio University, and it's notorious for its annual Halloween block party. Since this is my last year, and I have yet to attend, I may do that if I can find some friends to tag along with. Got my lederhosen all ready in case I need a costume.

If none of that comes to pass, probably find some spooky movies to watch from Netflix streaming.
FlamingR1ft
RPGFan Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2010, 06:36:58 PM »

Some people really celebrate Halloween here in Australia, but the vast majority are uncaring. I'm in that majority.

Plus, the kinds that do "trick or treat" in our neighbourhood are terribly behaved brats who are either A) really rude, or B) don't bother trick or treating and just throw eggs at peoples houses.

Wild Armor
Observer

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2010, 06:45:13 PM »

Play Video Games and listen to soundtrack music I have backlogged. I'm boring, I know.

Avatar Author's sig: Let me know if you know this author. :)
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2010, 11:14:28 PM »

I throw feces at people that use the word haps. Where can I find you?

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
insertnamehere

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2010, 12:07:18 AM »

I stay inside and close the curtains and hide from the little children dressed as clowns :(

I thought of pretty much everyone on this forum as people that wouldn't have heard anything about that movie
now in spanish:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rw2a7wqUjIM
"Maybe you could learn to breathe through your nose."

come get high with me
ba dum tissssss
Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2010, 12:18:08 AM »

I throw feces at people that use the word haps. Where can I find you?

I'll only tell you if you can provide more information yourself. Please consult this handy chart:

http://www.thepickywiki.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/350px-Bristol_Stool_Chart.png
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2010, 12:57:11 AM »

I'm going to go down to the campus/High Street area, watch the people having fun and doing Halloween things, and regret my lack of friends and permanent position as an outsider.

Or I could hunt down some Nanowrimo people in Ohio but most of the people that do Nanowrimo are creepy, autistic 30-year-old FTMs. Or art students.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Archendrus

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2010, 02:31:12 PM »

Man Halloween used to be really cool.  I think my friends are just getting lame lol.  I remember this one year, my friend had a "blind date" with this girl he met on myspace (I know, LOL).  It was at her Halloween party so he wanted me to come along and play wingman.  The girl turned out to be, err, less than desireable, so he was ready to split.  Then, I found out that my favorite local band was going to play in her LIVNG ROOM and there was a full keg of beer in the bathtub.  Good times

The cops showed up a couple times and beer made me not realize they were real cops, so I told them they had awesome costumes =D
Azrael

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2010, 05:42:45 PM »

I'm going to go down to the campus/High Street area, watch the people having fun and doing Halloween things, and regret my lack of friends and permanent position as an outsider.

Or I could hunt down some Nanowrimo people in Ohio but most of the people that do Nanowrimo are creepy, autistic 30-year-old FTMs. Or art students.

Sounds like a good time.  And yes, I do agree about Nanowrimo people...they scare me for the most part. 

I hate Halloween.  I grew up second generation with parents who moved here when they were teens/adults and thus didn't grow up knowing what Halloween was.  Not to mention that my grandparents instilled a nice dose of fear of the unknown into my mother, so I grew up not knowing what Halloween was and not being allowed to ever go out until I was in high school and by that point I had moved to a piece of shit suburb where these idiots idea of a good Halloween is going around with frozen eggs, paintball guns with frozen paintballs and fucking MACHETES (seriously a friend of mine almost lost his arm to a couple of fucking idiots) so I just don't go out. 

This year though, my friend decided to just buy a few cases of beer and we're gonna sit in his backyard, drink some brews, and play with his dog.  Good times.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2010, 07:02:41 PM »

My parents decided to up and go on a cruise to coincidentally collide with Halloween...so the annual tasks falls unto me.  My dog will bark, I will hold her back and hope the (adorable) costumed-kids don't run off.

I've never really done anything cool for Halloween - no big party. The one college bar that was throwing an event was too full when we got to the doors....it's destiny I don't do anything cool. :P ...lol

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Redeemed

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2010, 07:37:53 AM »

Personally, I feel pretty indifferent to Halloween. I grew up overseas so we never really celebrated it, but I think it can be fun dressing up, especially for kids. Some people seem to take it a little bit to the extreme with the macabre though, which I really hate especially when it's done around kids. I know this woman who every year throws a Halloween party for her now 4 year-old-son and her friends and their kids. Below is a picture from the party this year.

Messed up. Seriously, why expose your kids (especially 4 and 5 year-olds!) to something like this? There's enough horrible stuff in the world.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: