Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 21, 2014, 04:18:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329349 Posts in 13491 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  PSP RPGs?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: PSP RPGs?  (Read 2078 times)
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2010, 02:11:03 PM »

Well, I went to three different major retailers today and there were maybe 1 RPG per store, and it was always a Square-Enix RPG that I already owned.:( Looks like I'll have to grab something off of PSN when I finally have some money in my account that I can spend on games. Probably Ys Seven or Hexyz Force, after reading the review. Anyways, thanks for your help everybody.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2010, 09:25:15 AM »

Coming from a slightly different angle - I would recommend Half Minute Hero to anyone who owns a PSP.

It's a parody of a bunch of different gameplay styles (RPG, shoot 'em up, RTS) but weighs heavily on the RPG genre.  It's perfect for bite-sized gaming on the go and can be quiet clever and funny in places.

The game literally has you start an RPG story, level up, by armour and visit towns, then defeat the final boss - all in 30 seconds.  Genius and great fun.

Can't believe I forgot this one.  Half-Minute Hero is amazing and brilliant and I can't possibly say enough good things about it.
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2010, 11:03:51 AM »

The only ones i have are Crisis Core, Hexyz Force, Jeanne D'arc and P3P but they're all great. Jeanne D'arc is a bit on the easy side though.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2010, 06:08:08 PM »

Coming from a slightly different angle - I would recommend Half Minute Hero to anyone who owns a PSP.

It's a parody of a bunch of different gameplay styles (RPG, shoot 'em up, RTS) but weighs heavily on the RPG genre.  It's perfect for bite-sized gaming on the go and can be quiet clever and funny in places.

The game literally has you start an RPG story, level up, by armour and visit towns, then defeat the final boss - all in 30 seconds.  Genius and great fun.

Can't believe I forgot this one.  Half-Minute Hero is amazing and brilliant and I can't possibly say enough good things about it.

I know, it's a lovely game all around. One of the best games I got for my birthday last year, along with Strange Journey.

Anywho, I just found out I have a $20 gift card for Wal-Mart that I never used, so I suppose I'll ask this here while I can:

Since Wal-Mart doesn't have Hexyz Force (RAAAAAAGE), should I get:

• Z.H.P: Unlosing Ranger VS. DarkDeath Evilman
  • Valkyria Chronicles 2
  • Ys SEVEN
  • Ys: The Oath in Felghana

Or should I just say the hell with RPGs and get Blaz Blue: Continuum Shift so I can play as a squirrel girl?

Looking back through the posts, I see that VC2 and the Ys games allcome highly recommended. I'm not so sure that they'd be what I'm looking for right now, but I'm sure they'll entertain, if not now, at least some time down the road. I'm not sure which Ys game is "better", though. ZHP has the catchiest name around, and I hear it's pretty difficult, grindy, and has a lot of customization, but I'm still not so sure about it. And after seeing Makoto on the website, I can certainly say I'm tempted by it even though it's a DLC character and I wasn't a fan of Calamity Trigger.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: