Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 22, 2014, 09:07:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327180 Posts in 13392 Topics by 2163 Members
Latest Member: KashelGladio
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Xbox 360 questions...
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: Xbox 360 questions...  (Read 2134 times)
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2010, 06:33:06 PM »

The reason I ask is I don't have a 360 or PC. I want to get the PS3 version of ME2 in January, so was curious on just how much I'd be missing out on by skipping out on ME1 (involuntarily. I'd play it if I could.) I wonder how they'll be putting the stuff that's supposed to carry over from 1 into 2 into the PS3 version. =P
« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 06:35:01 PM by kyuusei » Logged

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2010, 06:51:20 PM »

I'm interested to see how they do that too.

Something like 700 events in ME2 are directly related to decisions you made in part 1.

Granted not all of them are key plot points and most of them are sort of small references and the like that benefit the return player.
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2010, 07:02:32 PM »

..........And rooting around Bioware's site turns up nothing other than 'this stuff will be announced at a later date.' I know, I know, it's at least two months away, no need to get impatient.

I did hear from uh, somewhere that the PS3 version will get you all the DLC too. For sixty bucks, it better. =P

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2010, 07:06:27 PM »

I only played dlc for dragon age and ME1.

Kinda meh.

I guess it's not a bad deal for getting the game so late and 1/2 the story :)
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2010, 09:01:38 PM »

The reason I ask is I don't have a 360 or PC. I want to get the PS3 version of ME2 in January, so was curious on just how much I'd be missing out on by skipping out on ME1 (involuntarily. I'd play it if I could.) I wonder how they'll be putting the stuff that's supposed to carry over from 1 into 2 into the PS3 version. =P

It may be a different story in that case, but we'll just have to wait and see what Bioware does ultimately.
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2010, 10:39:38 PM »

I have a feeling they'll just use the default choices you get if you don't import a character in the 360 version.

Which is bullshit, because no one should miss out on the awesomeness of Wrex. :P

MindCandy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2010, 10:50:39 AM »

No hard drive? Dude, I thought the same thing. I had one of the old units that came with a 20 and filled that without even trying. I bought the ffxiii bundle with the 250 gig when that old one went red ring on me. Already put 80 gigs on that one. Oh, and installing games makes them load much faster, which I don't think works with a flash drive.

Currently playing:
Xbox 360 - NIER
Wii - Metroid Prime 2: Echos (trilogy version)
PSP - Disgaea
DS - SMT: Devil Survivor
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2010, 12:01:44 PM »

It may be a different story in that case, but we'll just have to wait and see what Bioware does ultimately.

Digging through Amazon comments found someone saying Bioware may implement some sort of prologue thing, where you can make those choices in ME1 without actually playing ME1. Kind of like an interactive novel thing. Again nothing official, but that would be better than nothing or even just plugging in 'default' choices on your behalf.

Enough topic derailment from me. Don't cheap yourself out on the hard drive. You may think you won't use a lot of space but I thought the same thing when nearly getting a low-end PS3. And then I looked around PSN, installed games etc. I'm sure XBLA is no different in that regard. :P

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2010, 12:30:55 PM »

Especially with xbox add on drives being a lot of money if you decide to upgrade in the future.

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2010, 12:50:59 PM »

I forget to mention the most awesome game on the 360; Earth Defense Force 2017. This shit is crazy.
Prime Mover

All's fair in love, war, and the recording studio

Shattre
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2010, 01:05:28 PM »

For many RPG fans, even though it's not an RPG, I would recommend Bioshock. It has a familiar stylistic flair to many jRPGs, incredible unique storytelling too. Yes, at its core its an FPS, but it's sort of an "FPS for people who hate FPSs". It was the first game I bought for the 360, and it remains one of my favorites to this day.

eelhouse.net
- order the new album

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 2, Trails in the Sky, Bioshock: Infinite
Currently Listening to: Devin Townsend, Dream Theater
Watching: Star Trek: TOS, Slayers, Doctor Who (as usual)
Azrael

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2010, 01:17:24 PM »

The reason I say I don't need a hard drive is because I have absolutely no intention of using Live.  In fact, my xbox will not at all be hooked up to the internet.  I have no desire to get Live or play online, or download anything.  Honestly, even if I wanted to, I don't have the resources to do it.  And since that seems to be the only real reason I'd ever need a hard drive, I'm gonna save myself the expense.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2010, 01:44:09 PM »

And since that seems to be the only real reason I'd ever need a hard drive, I'm gonna save myself the expense.

You're ignoring everyone talking about installing games. That doubles as another reason to wait for a good deal on the newer HDD-less versions though: their disc drives are quieter, so that at least takes one of the advantages of installs.
Azrael

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2010, 02:08:07 PM »

I didn't ignore it.  I thought I had put it in but it seems I accidentally deleted it.  That is not enough of a reason for me to pay the extra money (basically a few games.)  Unless we are talking about absolutely obscene load times (15 sec+) I really won't be bothered.
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2010, 08:21:07 PM »

A lot of GotY games have DLC included. These games can run up to multiple gigs, and require you to install them. The Fallout 3 DLC, for example, is around 7 Gigs. Better to gra a HD 360 now rather than find out you need it later and get gouged for buying it separately.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: