Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2014, 06:16:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
318937 Posts in 13029 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  The Soundroom
| | |-+  NieR Gestalt & Replicant / 15 Nightmares & Arrange Tracks, 08.12.2010.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: NieR Gestalt & Replicant / 15 Nightmares & Arrange Tracks, 08.12.2010.  (Read 5216 times)
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« on: October 25, 2010, 08:40:08 AM »

This new album was announced a while back when Cavia said that it was working on the DLC for the game.

Tracklist:

01. Song of the Ancients - Lost Androids Mixuxux   
02. Blu-bird - Hansel und Gretel   
03. Shadowlord's Castle - Iron Fist mix feat.DJ-BKO   
04. Emil - Ultimate Weapon No.7   
05. Shadowlord - Crying Yonah Version   
06. Emil / Piano Ver.   
07. Kaine / Strings Ver.   
08. The Wretched Automatons / A Capella Ver.   
09. Song of the Ancients / Piano Ver.   
10. Shadowlord / Music Box Ver.   
11. Bonus Track / Song of the Ancients → Kaine → Emil → Ashes of Dreams

Contains arranged music from Nier as well as remixes featured in the "15 Nightmares" DLC pack (officially known as "The World of Recycled Vessel" in English).*

Official website: http://www.square-enix.co.jp/music/sem/page/nier/arrange/

So, who wants to hear the musical arrangments of the best soundtrack of 2010? I mean, someone at the USTREAM where apparently SQEX Music broadcast the album said via Twitter that the last track is a 8 bit medley. What's not to love? (source VGMdb).
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2010, 09:48:14 AM »

Can't wait to hear it.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2010, 12:11:20 AM »

I can represent my feelings mathematically...if I may:

Nier + Music = Sold! :D

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2010, 12:40:33 PM »

The man, Keiichi Okabe. One of the main composers of Nier. He is working in the new album with Keigo Hoashi (Hoashi has done the music for Noby Noby Boy and Tekken 6 along with many others composers in the past).

Is always good to know who is the dude that blows your mind with such an awesome soundtrack. :p
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 07:05:33 PM by Yggdrasil » Logged
Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2010, 08:40:49 PM »

I am trying to contain my joy about the arranged album. I hope it's super awesome.

We'll see!

Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2010, 07:53:19 PM »

Expect a lot of techno though for the DLC music - hit or miss.

The website sample is nice; I adore Kaine's theme and find it beautifully (if somewhat an odd choice given the character's demeanor and personality).  I'm curious for the rest.

It'll be a long wait til December - so no more thinking about it!!

hell_snake

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2010, 06:02:47 AM »

Tomorrow :D

"An unanswered question is better than an unquestioned answer"
Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2010, 07:00:11 PM »

Shipped to me today. Expect review soon.

Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2010, 08:26:27 PM »

Quick skimming of tracks...

Legend of Nier 8-bit: Cute, very Japanese-y thing to do lately, huh.  Gets a bunch of different songs in a love SNES.5 style.  Fit's in some non-8-bit too, we hear Emily (?) sing in a sort of "over-the-telephone-speaker" sound about half way through for an 8-bit-and-not version of the ending theme.

Shadow Lord -music box ver.-: amazing the power it had to create emotion...a bloomin' music box.  Worked well for the orgel Ar Tonelico album.  Short but nice. Solidifies the tragic-ness of it all.

Blu-Bird; Hansel & Gretel: awesome continuation to the already electrifying track.  The deep chants truly give off an ominous and powerful feel.  The nasal voices almost reveal something desperate about the song.  The electric guitar is a nice contemporary addition, likes it taking the song more seriously (hard to explain that)

Song of the Ancients Piano Ver.: Yay...piano.  Lovely nonetheless, but offers little to what that the astonishing vocals did so well in the first place.  Nice on it's own merit nonetheless, the tune is so lovely.  I'd almost want to hear this when I'm blue to cheer me up.  I like how the piano actually has soul; the FF13 Piano album sounded awful, like the album was done because it was "time to do another guys! zzzzzz"....

Emil; Ultimate Weapon No.7: I never cared much Emil's theme, so it's essentially a tech version.  Still had a dash of being lovely n' Nier anyways.  More electric gee-tar, and I like it.

Emil Piano Ver.: Piano solos RARELY do much for me (I prefer accoustic), this is no exception sadly.  Nice medly, just too empty after what's been led up to it.

Kaine Duet Ver.: not of singers, but violins.  What I didn't feel with Emil is made up two-fold in Kaine's theme, to me.  I think you get a better feeling of "hope", and the violins accompanying that sweet-and-sad tune work nicely.  ...I hate to say it, I miss the odd-language vocals here...

Shadowlord; Crying Yonah Ver.:  If the medieval ages had a rave they'd play this.  Combined vocals and oontz-oontz.  It's good, but the tune is waaay intense for everyday indulgence.  Well done nonetheless, really demonstrates the variability of the artists width of musical styles.

Shadowlord; Iron fist Mix;: Another shadowlord????  Rave again too, but a bit more ...um, hip-hop than actually raver beat, there's more to it anyways.

Song of the Ancients; Lost Androids: Aaaaaahhh vocals.  Amazing, I love the violin, makes the piece very dramatic in a sort of modern way.  The vocal distortions fit in well with the techno aspect of this piece though.

The Wretched Automatons; A capella: well, an a capella of the underground ruins in a futuristic english with her toot-toot-ing the back.  Decent, but doesn't do anything the original doesn't... mind you, it's nice to get rid of the more metal-sound of the original.... but this song is too haunting for me to really dig my teeth into.  I love near the end where she actually lets out a "aaaaaah" to help carry the song.

I think it's important to NOT look at this album as a continuation of the original game, this album relies heavily on techno-revivals.  Definitely not the happiest of melodies here either.  The CD album is almost a companion to the original.  I *hated* how we got 2 versions of Emil's tune and 3 of Shadowlords.... 3!!!  It's a great album, but totally missing a few excellent tracks, only to be given a "bonus" 8-bit track.  If there's something I'd *kill* to see its a sort of "live" album done in the way Suikodens get a ton of instruments to play the tune more in the style of some ethnic place (the asian and celtic album blow me away).
It is a great album, and features some great talent - but I'm definitely underwhelmed.  But for what the tracks are, they're great.

hell_snake

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2010, 04:46:54 AM »

That 8-bit mix is boss!

"An unanswered question is better than an unquestioned answer"
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2010, 03:09:19 PM »

The Song of the Ancients piano arrangement is my personal favorite track of the album. Nier Piano Collections, please? :'( *puppy eyes*

That 8-bit mix is boss!

Nier for the Nintendo Entertainment System. Now You're Playing With Power!
Chronix112
Yasunori Mitsuda / Genso Suikoden fanboi

The Pessimistic One

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2010, 08:55:32 PM »

Aww, no "Grandma"  arrange....me a sad panda
Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2010, 07:06:45 PM »

Nier Piano Collections, please? :'( *puppy eyes*

Yo that would be awesome.

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2010, 11:37:08 PM »

"Owari no Uta" - Kaine / Rain of Light (from NieR Gestalt Mini Album)

"Uragiri no Koe" - Voice of Replicant (from NieR Replicant Mini Album)
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 01:53:04 PM by Yggdrasil » Logged
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2010, 12:37:56 AM »

Nice for those of us who don't want to blow $30 or so importing.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: