Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 22, 2014, 04:03:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329390 Posts in 13492 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  RPGs for beginners
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] Print
Author Topic: RPGs for beginners  (Read 46712 times)
Commander Jubby Shepard
What do you call a kid with no arms and an eye patch? Names.

If you come back you will find me a very grave man

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #495 on: April 13, 2011, 08:59:46 AM »

I'd say Wind Waker; it's much better than Twilight Princess. As for a more approachable one? If you've already beaten Ocarina of Time, try Majora's Mask. It's MUCH more difficult and definitely way shorter than Ocarina, but it's so much better than most other Zelda games in almost every way.

If it'll hold Jello, Utah will put Jello in it.
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #496 on: April 13, 2011, 08:51:29 PM »

Personally, I prefer Link to the Past myself, but I also have a soft spot for Adventure of Link and the Original as well.

That said, Wind Waker is probably the better choice for you. Very straight forward, and not a lot to confuse you with. However the beginning starts off pretty slowly with that mandatory stealth sequence, and sailing around is kinda clumsy and takes a while. Also look up the Wind Waker manga after you're done. The way they reinterpret many of the scenes in the game are down right hilarious.

Twilight Princess was kinda disappointing to me. Aside from the glacial pace of the opening, there's the fact that it's big gimmick was to swipe from LttP, OoT, & MM's gimmicks. Also the items of the game were about as useful as the boss weapons in Megaman X3 (in that they're there, and you'll need them for when they are needed, but you'll otherwise be sticking to your main weapons in every other case). That said, the later dungeons ARE good and do interesting things, but its just that the overworld is a lot larger and emptier than it needed to be. Also the plot kinda jumps rails around level 4 and what was an otherwise interesting take on Zelda became more of the same.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
MGShogun

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #497 on: April 14, 2011, 04:04:58 AM »

Kinda struggling in Indels Castle in Bale. Am using the walkthrough to help me.
Zadok83

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #498 on: April 26, 2011, 04:13:41 PM »

Kinda struggling in Indels Castle in Bale. Am using the walkthrough to help me.

Who do you have in your party right now?
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: