Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 21, 2014, 05:44:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
341139 Posts in 13942 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  advice from you RPG experts...
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: advice from you RPG experts...  (Read 3106 times)
xXMelancholiaXx

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2010, 03:07:01 PM »

As amazing as Nier allegedly is I think I'm going to skip it. After reading and watching some reviews I don't really think I'll like it. >_>

Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2010, 03:08:31 PM »

The top-down action segments are keeping me away. It looks cheap, the way your weapon just swings through dungeon walls.
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2010, 05:31:55 PM »

Back up your save before going for ending D.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: October 27, 2010, 06:34:00 PM »

Back up your save before going for ending D.

Question:  Will this still work for getting trophies and such?  I still haven't gotten ending D for this reason (god damn that horrible mind-numbing grindery needed for the upgrade all weapons to the max trophy...).

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2010, 06:52:34 PM »

Possibly since it's still marked as your save, but I recall hearing restored saves don't allow you to save, so you probably won't want to use it for achievements/trophies anyway.
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2010, 07:28:18 PM »

Handhelds like the PSP or the DS are the way to find good RPGs nowadays.

The only distinguished RPGs of this generation have been Valkyria Chronicles, Mass Effect 1 and 2, Tales of Vesperia, and Fallout 3. That's a mere five games to the virtual dozens of the previous generation. You are fine where you are, believe me.

Demon's Souls and Nier say "hi, don't ever forget me again".

Demon's Souls I'll admit to forgetting. Nier doesn't qualify for me. Nier has only one thing going for it: Old man as a protagonist. Every other part of it has been done before, better, and with a colour pallet that wasn't a grey-green smear.

Nonetheless, the idea that you can count the good RPGs on your available fingers inside a console generation is deplorable.

I do not count Oboro Muramasa or Borderlands, btw. They have RPG elements and I realise we cover them, but they don't register on my personal RPG radar, much as Zelda and Snatcher don't.

i would stay away from vesperia. especially if you have played and liked abyss. the pacing both in terms of gameplay and story blows ass.

Your impeccable logic astounds me. Pray tell, why must someone play Abyss and not Vesperia, when the second is in fact a fine and gentle game?

when ever i play a game i'm constantly comparing it to what i consider the most recent good game in that games sub genre. to make a comparison i thought fire emblem was a perfectly good series until i played super robot wars,and certainly fire emblem has not been helping itself with recent entries in the series. this is also the case with tales of the abyss and tales of vesperia. it's not so much that vesperia is a bad game it just wasnt what i was expecting after tales of the abyss.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: