Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 02, 2014, 12:52:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
330135 Posts in 13528 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  So, besides gaming, what you're thing?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Print
Author Topic: So, besides gaming, what you're thing?  (Read 7448 times)
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: November 02, 2010, 04:27:19 PM »

I saw signs for that while doing the 1/2 marathon.

I'd like to do that if registration is still up. We lucked out w/ awesome weather on Sunday. Absolutely perfect.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: November 02, 2010, 10:10:28 PM »

making coats out of children

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

ShadowLaguna

Rattle your goddamn head!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: November 02, 2010, 11:12:15 PM »

Art, and Metal.

Wii Number - 1981 9892 1002 5530
Archendrus

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: November 03, 2010, 03:46:26 PM »

making coats out of children

Ha!  It rubs the lotion on its' skin..... XD
Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: November 03, 2010, 06:38:22 PM »

I like pretending that my critique of popular culture (games, movies, music) is of some value to someone. That's why I write here, and some other sites.

I really really really like music. Of many types. I'm not quite awesome enough to collect vinyl but I do like CDs and am not a big fan of having a "digital-only" collection.

I was raised in a conservative Evangelical Christian church, and I don't think that will ever leave me. Though a couple of significant views have changed (well ... most all of them ...), I still have a fondness for cheesy CCM (Contemporary Christian Music).

I have a wife and 3 kids. I like babies. Including making babies. But I think I'm done makin' 'em.

I play piano and like to do so publicly. To date I've played like 14 weddings (last weekend I got to play the FF victory theme when the guys came up front, since we needed a 10-second "jingle-length" theme). I've also played at some charity banquets and stuff.

I like being friends with people who plainly disagree with me about politics/religion/stuff. I have a hard time, sometimes, staying friends with people that agree with me.

I visit xkcd M/W/F and youtube daily. Hoping for Gregory Bros vids all the time.

Azrael

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: November 03, 2010, 07:51:09 PM »

I'm not quite awesome enough to collect vinyl

It's never too late!  There's something extremely satisfying about sitting in a nice comfortable chair next to a stereo and listening to some tunes while watching the turntable spin. 
Dincrest
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: November 03, 2010, 07:58:50 PM »

...and taking the time to listen to an album in its entirety rather than just cherry-pick songs.  Some albums really lend themselves well to that.  For example, whenever I play Weezer's blue album I always have to listen to it in its entirety all tracks in order.  I have a crummy turntable at my house, but it gets a fair amount of use.  Heck, I've gone through my dad's collection of vinyl and stole some choice selections for myself. 

I prefer tangible music formats over digital.  Vinyl simply sounds better to me.  Guitars sound so good on vinyl.  Plus, if I go to a show, I can get a CD jacket autographed.  I can't get an autograph on a digital stream of data.  Maybe that's why I enjoy my collection of crappy demos so much.  And I have a bunch of local punk/HC limited-edition vinyl 45s I've picked up at shows.  Costs more, but totally worth it to me. 

I love album cover art, which is why a CD or vinyl is favorable to me.  Although I no longer have my copy, I loved getting White Zombie's Astro Creep CD back in the 1990s because the booklet was chock full of Rob Zombie's artwork. 

Next bike-a-thon: PD500 Rock 'n Roll ride (to benefit Parkinson's Disease) October 5, 2014
Azrael

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: November 04, 2010, 07:35:11 AM »

Seriously.  It is such a good feeling listening to an album, and I find I pay attention a lot more listening to vinyl, but I think that's cause I (and I'm sure most who do) treat it as an experience unto itself rather than something to put on in the background.  It's definitely not something I do all the time since my digital collection is much bigger, but it's nice to have.  My turntable is pretty old as well, and I screwed up the dust cover, but it's perfect for me.

The other great thing about vinyl is buying it (if there are any good stores near you).  As a NYer I'm pretty good on that front.  There's a great place I go to in Brooklyn that has a huge collection of vinyls for so damn cheap.  And they are completely unorganized so you can't go in expecting to find something, just have to cruise along the aisles and see if anything catches your eye.  Last time I was there I walked out with two 2LPs and a 45 for $10.  All were in great condition too.  I gotta get back there soon.

And oh man...speaking of dad's vinyl collections, I guess I inherited my dad's collection as a kid and I'm so pissed off I lost all of them.  I think my mom may have thrown them out when we moved along with my old stereo (the turntable had broken on it) but I had some real crazy old school 80's pop and funk music.  My dad was a HUGE fan of the Culture Club and I must've had like 4 or 5 LPs.  Crazy stuff.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2010, 07:39:53 AM by Azrael » Logged
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 04, 2010, 11:23:34 AM »

We used to have Queen Rod Stewart, Michael Jackson, Madonna, Heart and so much stuff on vinyl. I think it's in storage now. :-P

I love not only cover art, but looking through lyrics, liner notes etc. The digital booklets aren't the same :)

NANOMACHINES, SON.
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: November 04, 2010, 08:33:41 PM »

I like drawing creepy fruit people!

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8178071/Mesh/1236636306.meshgearral_mangosteenboners.png (This might be NSFW for language, although if you're at work you probably shouldn't be reading RPGFan, unless you work at RPGFan, in which case you should probably be off making out with your attractive trophy wives).

o/` I do not dream o/`

kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 04, 2010, 10:54:26 PM »

We discuss penis demons of the SMT variety a lot. If you can handle that, you can handle Meshie's picture. ;)

NANOMACHINES, SON.
MindCandy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: November 05, 2010, 11:20:47 AM »

Satanic Schlong...

Currently playing:
Xbox 360 - NIER
Wii - Metroid Prime 2: Echos (trilogy version)
PSP - Disgaea
DS - SMT: Devil Survivor
CastNuri
AMG A GIRL

There are no coincidences.

CastNuri
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: November 05, 2010, 11:50:04 AM »

I like drawing creepy fruit people!

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8178071/Mesh/1236636306.meshgearral_mangosteenboners.png (This might be NSFW for language, although if you're at work you probably shouldn't be reading RPGFan, unless you work at RPGFan, in which case you should probably be off making out with your attractive trophy wives).

Stop ruining Mangosteens for me! >_<

"It is a silly game where nobody wins. " ~ Thomas Fuller ~

http://castnuri.tumblr.com
Vanguard

I am America, and I hate JRPGs

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: November 06, 2010, 08:12:39 PM »

I play guitar and write songs. I read books and write poems. I walk around New York City.

Thoren: Astronomers fucking love stars and shit. Whitman was a bitch.
Hidoshi: Walt Whitman could beat you with both dicks tied behind his back.
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: November 06, 2010, 10:00:36 PM »

Stop ruining Mangosteens for me! >_<

Actually it's more like I was drawing some Wikivandalism.

Apparently Magonsteens are called the "Queen of Fruits." The wikipedia page mentions it.

Only somebody hacked it to say "Queen of Boners."

So yeah.

I think I'm gonna go draw a picture of Albert Einstein saying "E=MC^Josh is a homo" or something.

o/` I do not dream o/`

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: