Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 23, 2014, 12:03:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
337994 Posts in 13836 Topics by 2212 Members
Latest Member: WhiteWishes
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  gamestop just got alot of semi hard to find ps2 games
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: gamestop just got alot of semi hard to find ps2 games  (Read 1843 times)
howitis

View Profile Email

Ignore
« on: October 28, 2010, 02:38:55 PM »

I have no ideaa why, but the gamespots in houston have 2x the used ps2 games they used to have.  3 I have been to all have DDS 1&2. Tales legendia and abyss.  Suikoden 4 & 5.  I even saw wild arms 5 at one.  I think thety are trying to unload their ps2 inventory.  Check it out
« Last Edit: October 28, 2010, 03:40:13 PM by Eusis » Logged
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2010, 02:40:55 PM »

You mean gamestop right?

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2010, 02:44:01 PM »

Most of these games are reprinted.  I worked at a GameStop through college, and every 5 or 6 months or so, we would get "rare" PS2 RPGs in used shipments from corporate.  Thing is, they were brand new - the newer-style PS2 cases and discs that had obviously never been played.  But since GameStop had long since removed these games from their new sales, they were free to sell them as used - often at higher-than-MSRP prices.

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2010, 02:49:13 PM »

I have no ideaa why, but the gamespots in houston have 2x the used ps2 games they used to have.  3 I have been to all have DDS 1&2. Tales legendia and abyss.  Suikoden 4 & 5.  I even saw wild arms 5 at one.  I think thety are trying to unload their ps2 inventory.  Check it out

When was the last time you saw these games? I was just at Gamestop but never got a good look at the PS2 section. I hope I didn't miss out on my chance to get Suikoden V and Tales of the Abyss!D= I did get Wild Arms 5, though. Now I just need the 4th and the two on PSN (well, and Alter Code F and XF, but they don't look good enough to be high priority).

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2010, 02:52:12 PM »

Has anyone ever seen anything worthwhile in those bins on the counter of old games in paper sleeves?
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2010, 02:56:43 PM »

Has anyone ever seen anything worthwhile in those bins on the counter of old games in paper sleeves?

No.  They were just starting that initiative when I left, but it's all PS2 product with retail price of $4 or $5 or less.  The ones at my location were pretty much copies of Sports Crap®, Bargain Racing Games™, and Generic Action Titles©.  There are a couple of RPGs in that range, but it's stuff like Summoner and Wild Arms 3.

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
howitis

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2010, 03:05:03 PM »

I bought dds 1 and 2 on Monday.  Been looking about a year for them.  The one close to me still has part 2.  Someone must have got part 1 already
ShadowLaguna

Rattle your goddamn head!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2010, 03:38:29 PM »

I have no ideaa why, but the gamespots in houston have 2x the used ps2 games they used to have.  3 I have been to all have DDS 1&2. Tales legendia and abyss.  Suikoden 4 & 5.  I even saw wild arms 5 at one.  I think thety are trying to unload their ps2 inventory.  Check it out

Quite jealous of you guys right now.

Wii Number - 1981 9892 1002 5530
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2010, 03:41:02 PM »

... Ok, that typo being ignored got to me, and so I fixed it. Please try to remember the difference between GameSpot and GameStop!
Darilon
Level 5 Spoony Bard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2010, 03:48:53 PM »

Lucky. The only ps2 games I ever see for sale tend to be Fifa and racing games.

howitis

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2010, 10:31:34 PM »

New info, went to another gamestop and they had magna carta pre owned (ps2 part 1) and it was the delux box set.  The box had no wrinkles, cracks, or any sign of age. At all.  I think the guy above is correct.  These are probably new copies they are unloading.  Checked my copy of dds and the manual/case/disk have no visible sign of use.   
ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2010, 10:44:37 PM »

Heh, people should really start shopping  at places like Vintage Stock or Game Xchange. These places often have these "semi-rare" games in stock on a regular basis. Heck every other time I visit my local branch I see either a copy of Lunar or Lunar 2 with the Complete Box intact just to give you an example of their typical inventory.
insertnamehere

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2010, 10:58:35 PM »

the only reason I buy from gamestop at all is it tells me which specific store(s) within 100 miles has a particular game which is something i wish vgmx or gamecrazy (supposedly went out of business recently) would do
I think quite a few of those (like DDS and abyss) are easy to find for me.

come get high with me
ba dum tissssss
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2010, 11:28:31 PM »

...Gamestop is the only Game store that stocks obscure games within about 100 miles of my house. I don't know whether you guys are lucky or if I'm just very unlucky.:P

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
supersonic
Prefers JRPGs

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2010, 11:35:33 PM »

I think you're right. I just checked, and all of a sudden all these Gamestops/EB Games in Manhattan have Tales of the Abyss (for $19.99!), Tales of Legendia, Magna Carta and some other titles. I'm definitely picking them up over the weekend.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: