Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 31, 2014, 06:05:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327904 Posts in 13425 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Hyperdimension Neptunia
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print
Author Topic: Hyperdimension Neptunia  (Read 7106 times)
Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2010, 07:29:45 PM »

Can anyone name an Idea Factory game that was actually good? 

I thought Aedis Eclipse: Generation of Chaos was quite good.

I will agree that Idea Factory come up with some interesting ideas but kind of mess them up.

QFT

Dincrest
Onoda
RPGFan Editor

Lieutenant Commander Vacation

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2010, 07:36:09 PM »

Okay, so !F is Glass Joe from Punch Out!! 1 Win, 99 losses. 

"Immortality is a manga artist without deadlines.  Without deadlines, the manga artist will never get the job done."
   -Battle Angel Alita: Last Order, Phase 58
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2010, 10:05:57 PM »

It's definitely a game aimed at little girls. We're not in that demographic

Yes you are.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Danku

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2010, 11:09:46 PM »

...there's no reason to completely hate on the game if you're not interested in it.  Let those who are interested discuss it.
I wouldn't take the reactions here too seriously since it's evident many aren't interested. On that note, I wonder if they are going to release a special edition with extras.
I'm sure it will come with a soundtrack or artbook in some shape or form. Probably special edition, but be priced the same as a regular edition.
insertnamehere

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2010, 11:16:41 PM »

I'm able to mildly enjoy a couple idea factory games (only tried a couple) but probably just because a lot of people hate that company blah blah and it decreases any expectations I have so they end up being fairly competent games.
I'm surprised that sega decided to get involved with them since doing that with cross edge probably hurt capcom and bamco.
And they chose to do that but not give us Segagaga.

come get high with me
ba dum tissssss
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2010, 11:30:53 PM »

What's with the facepalm? I'm excited about this. :) Here's the official announcement. Here's some gameplay footage as well.

Waitwaitwait...that game's actually getting localized?! Holy crap! Yet another reason why I wish I could get a PS3.:(

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Danku

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2010, 10:57:59 AM »

What's with the facepalm? I'm excited about this. :) Here's the official announcement. Here's some gameplay footage as well.

Waitwaitwait...that game's actually getting localized?! Holy crap! Yet another reason why I wish I could get a PS3.:(
Don't waste your money on a ps3, trust me =(.
xXMelancholiaXx

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2010, 11:19:34 AM »

It really depends. The Playstation 3 has the XBox 360's RPG library minus a few exclusives and then some exclusives of its own. Depending on your tastes you may or maybe not like NISA's Playstation 3 RPG exclusives (which seem to make up a considerable amount of the RPG's on the Playstation 3) "Disagea 3, Atelier Rorona, Trinity Universe, Cross Edge, and obviously the soon to be released Neptune. So it really depends on what it is you like.  
« Last Edit: October 29, 2010, 11:23:18 AM by xXMelancholiaXx » Logged

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2010, 12:38:14 PM »

It really depends. The Playstation 3 has the XBox 360's RPG library minus a few exclusives and then some exclusives of its own. Depending on your tastes you may or maybe not like NISA's Playstation 3 RPG exclusives (which seem to make up a considerable amount of the RPG's on the Playstation 3) "Disagea 3, Atelier Rorona, Trinity Universe, Cross Edge, and obviously the soon to be released Neptune. So it really depends on what it is you like.  

PS3 is worth it for better the wide options and extras, IMO.
As much as I hate to say on an RPG-ethusiast forum; but RPGs aren't this generation of console's forte.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2010, 01:07:33 PM »

PS3 is worth it for better the wide options and extras, IMO.

Agree, I would be bored as hell with a Wii or a 360. But I'm not going to lie I want some of the exclusives from the 360 like Radiant Silvergun, Ikaruga or the Case Zero of Dead Rising 2.
Lazlowe1984
Restricted Members

Centurion

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2010, 02:09:35 PM »

I disagree.Demons Souls and Valkyria Chronicles certainly justified my RPG appetite for a while.

However,getting a PS3 for Neptunia,Cross Edge or Last Rebellion is a risky move

kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2010, 02:12:39 PM »

I disagree.Demons Souls and Valkyria Chronicles certainly justified my RPG appetite for a while.

Or even FFXIII.

I certainly didn't buy my PS3 for RPGs, that's for sure. But they'll come.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2010, 02:26:39 PM by kyuusei » Logged

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2010, 02:24:59 PM »

\

Or even FFXIII.

I certainly didn't buy my PS3 for RPGs, that's for sure. But they'll come.
[/quote

Bingo.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2010, 02:57:55 PM »

I actually bought my PS3 specifically to play Valkyria Chronicles, and I don't regret it at all.

Dincrest
Onoda
RPGFan Editor

Lieutenant Commander Vacation

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2010, 03:01:04 PM »

I'm surprised that sega decided to get involved with them since doing that with cross edge probably hurt capcom and bamco.
And they chose to do that but not give us Segagaga.

This is Sega you're talking about.  As much as I like many of their offerings and was a Sega fanboy at one point, they are still the undisputed kings of boneheaded decisions and never learning from their mistakes.  

EDIT: As for Neptunia, would I try it for shits and giggles if offered a no-strings-attached copy?  Sure, why not.  But my expectations will not be high, that's for sure.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2010, 05:29:25 PM by Dincrest » Logged

"Immortality is a manga artist without deadlines.  Without deadlines, the manga artist will never get the job done."
   -Battle Angel Alita: Last Order, Phase 58
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: